Prospect Info: Round 2, Pick 54: Emil Andrae, D, HV71 (SHL)

Alex K

Apr 20, 2016
Earth
Another left-handed defenseman

more-we-want-we-need-more-moore.jpg

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
One thing jumps out with both picks, IQ and skill over straight line speed.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
One thing jumps out with both picks, IQ and skill over straight line speed.
Certainly with Foerster and Andrae. Last year with York and Brink. It's a trend. Competitiveness and processing. Wisdom is a bit different, but you need that. He's a run through the wall guy with surprisingly good potential. No, he's not Goulbourne.

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
love love love this pick.

Provorov-Sanheim
York-Myers
Zamula-Andrae

this is gonna be the D we win the cup with.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I'm still trying to figure out how a team that's doing everything in it's power to prevent Ghost from playing and just re-signed Hagg and Braun is going to draft a small defensemen like this guy. I have to assume it was all on the scouts.

I don't dislike the pick, though. Just the inconsistency.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I'm still trying to figure out how a team that's doing everything in it's power to prevent Ghost from playing and just re-signed Hagg and Braun is going to draft a small defensemen like this guy. I have to assume it was all on the scouts.

I don't dislike the pick, though. Just the inconsistency.

There is short, and there is "small."
Andrae is short, but he's not really small, and he's definitely not weak, plays a physical game.
He's 5'9 183 at age 18, will probably end up 195-200 or so. Kimmo was 5'10 194 and could hold his own.

"Don’t mistake his height for his sturdiness. He has a good defensive IQ, and even though he is by no means “big”, he is broad and strong for his size, and has no issue being physical. "

Reactions: onlylordsvsmorebp

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
There is short, and there is "small."
Andrae is short, but he's not really small, and he's definitely not weak, plays a physical game.
He's 5'9 183 at age 18, will probably end up 195-200 or so. Kimmo was 5'10 194 and could hold his own.

"Don’t mistake his height for his sturdiness. He has a good defensive IQ, and even though he is by no means “big”, he is broad and strong for his size, and has no issue being physical. "
And Kimmo never even came over to North America until he was, what 22 or 23? He'll have time to get his man strength too. I'm partial to fire hydrant-types myself.

We need to give him at least a couple years in the SHL before bringing him over for some AHL seasoning. Assume he plays in the WJC this year at least.

He's already playing with men so that should help.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Not the best first post-draft period for Andrae. :oops:

7D. Two DZ turnovers. One ended up in the net.

Yeh. Worst 5 minutes of hockey I have ever seen him play haha.

Has been so poised in the first 5 games of the year and pre-season.

He was at #5 at EV and on PP1 before the 2nd turnover... but benched after that. And cant blame Rahm for benching him after that.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Not the best first post-draft period for Andrae. :oops:

7D. Two DZ turnovers. One ended up in the net.

Yeh. Worst 5 minutes of hockey I have ever seen him play haha.

Has been so poised in the first 5 games of the year and pre-season.

He was at #5 at EV and on PP1 before the 2nd turnover... but benched after that. And cant blame Rahm for benching him after that.

Maybe he got a little drinky yesterday?

Reactions: BernieParent

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad