Prospect Info: Round 2, Pick 54: Emil Andrae, D, HV71 (SHL)

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
You aren't getting a motorcycle. Let it go.
Qms2.gif

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
100% yes.

Not sure exactly when, but it's going to happen. Specifically a supermoto (street legal dirt bike with street tires).

And don't you dare disagree again or I'll start posting bike advanced stats. :eviltongu

I grew up around bikes and probably (my Dad has repainted 3x Harleys this year... and has other bikes/scooters in basement all the time) - sadly - will never have one just due to how many of my Dads friends had serious accidents.

One of my good friends also had to have his leg reconstructed... fluke accident riding slowly in a city centre in the rain... slipped out on tram-lines.

I am not a risk averse person in general. But motorbikes and helicopters are asking for trouble haha.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I grew up around bikes and probably (my Dad has repainted 3x Harleys this year... and has other bikes/scooters in basement all the time) - sadly - will never have one just due to how many of my Dads friends had serious accidents.

One of my good friends also had to have his leg reconstructed... fluke accident riding slowly in a city centre in the rain... slipped out on tram-lines.

I am not a risk averse person in general. But motorbikes and helicopters are asking for trouble haha.

I responded to this in the off-topic thread because I just realized that this is a prospect thread. :laugh:

OT: - 76th Obsequious Banter Thread: Wonder Twins Disband

Reactions: Appleyard

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Sounds like Andrae is having a tough go...
HockeyBuzz.com - Bill Meltzer - Quick Hits: Morin, Vigneault, WJC, Clarke and More

5) SHL: Neither Linus Sandin (15:58 TOI) nor 2020 Flyers second-round pick Emil Andrae (minus one, just 1:22 TOI) got on the scoresheet in HV71's 3-2 win over Växjö on Thursday. Andrae was beaten in the slot by goal scorer Fredrik Karlström, who took a pass and re-directed it into the net at 7:19 of the first period. The young defenseman did not see a shift the rest of the way. This was the second straight game in which Andrae, who has been on the ice for nine opposition even strength goals through 12 games, has gotten very sparing ice time. The 18-year-old Andrae skated 6:07 against Leksand on Tuesday.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Sounds like Andrae is having a tough go...
HockeyBuzz.com - Bill Meltzer - Quick Hits: Morin, Vigneault, WJC, Clarke and More

5) SHL: Neither Linus Sandin (15:58 TOI) nor 2020 Flyers second-round pick Emil Andrae (minus one, just 1:22 TOI) got on the scoresheet in HV71's 3-2 win over Växjö on Thursday. Andrae was beaten in the slot by goal scorer Fredrik Karlström, who took a pass and re-directed it into the net at 7:19 of the first period. The young defenseman did not see a shift the rest of the way. This was the second straight game in which Andrae, who has been on the ice for nine opposition even strength goals through 12 games, has gotten very sparing ice time. The 18-year-old Andrae skated 6:07 against Leksand on Tuesday.

Was best player in pre-season. Maybe best player in SHL in pre-season and that is not hyperbolic. Playing 20 minutes a night and great in every state of play.

Then come regular season has been playing with Arell (okay #5) or Karlsson (who is worst Dman in SHL arguably)... and some games playing with four different partners on both sides.

Was great through 5 games... then had a biiig wobble the game after being drafted by the Flyers. Three comical errors. Since then has been a bit poor in decision making at times. Which has never really been an issue in NT or J20... or the first ~10 games vs men.

Has made some poor, big, errors. (~3 or so more now).

But also driving play better than all but HV71s national team Dmen. (48% CF, 52% CCF)

Also has a 94 PDO. Every mistake has ended in the net over last ~6 games.

HV71s coach has fell in love with Strömberg and Bertov... which is like Hakstol and his Macdonald love fest. They cant both play top 4 all year... it would be madness.

He is getting a pretty short leash right now. And HV71 have been pretty dysfunctional at times.

This is their coaches first EVER head coaching job after veteran (and NT) coach Lundh retired over summer.

Reactions: flyersnorth

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Sounds like a player pressing to impress the team that drafted him, should calm down, realize he's probably going to stay in the SHL for two years before he's called over and just needs to play his game and polish his fundamentals instead of trying to show off for scouts.

He's 18, preseason probably felt no pressure, but once drafted let that get to him.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Sounds like a player pressing to impress the team that drafted him, should calm down, realize he's probably going to stay in the SHL for two years before he's called over and just needs to play his game and polish his fundamentals instead of trying to show off for scouts.

He's 18, preseason probably felt no pressure, but once drafted let that get to him.

A few of the mistakes he has made he was left in pretty bad positions by partner and fwds... and tried to make desperation plays to completely stop a chance. When probably should have just taken a safer play and "just" had a good chance of being scored on instead of a great chance haha.

Also just some bad luck. Yeh, he has made some big mistakes... but of the ~7 or so mistakes he has made all year ~6 have ended in his net.

A bit like Sanheim in November and December. Doing some really good stuff in 9/10 shifts, then one poor moment: goal against. Then when that happens? Benched. When that does not happen to the other Dman.

Someone like Grans has made just as many errors in the SHL so far this year (and has not drove play as well). BUT he is on PP, has points, and has a 102 PDO... so his 44% Corsi and -6 is overlooked and he has had loads of praise haha. (I like both, but the SHL is a very tough league for an 18 year old unless you are Hedman.)

Reactions: Rebels57

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->