Prospect Info: Round 2, Pick 48, Carter Hart, G, Everett (WHL)

Ilkka Sinisalo

Amazing American
Nov 1, 2010
Perth, W.A.
One thing that has occurred to me about Hart is that in all these games where he's making 35 saves or whatever, most of them don't really look at that special. Like only maybe 2-3 per game are highlight quality. When you'd watch all those other duds who played goalie for us this year, it didn't look like they were letting in softies left and right, but obviously their performance was very subpar and way below Hart's level. I think Hart just shows the importance of playing the angles correctly and being sound positionally, giving yourself the best chance to have the puck hit you unless the shot is deflected or labelled for one of the top corners.

Ilkka Sinisalo

Amazing American
Nov 1, 2010
Perth, W.A.
And nothing bothers him. He never seems out of control
Yeah that too. He's got a great demeanor and just plays a very technically sound game. Doesn't seem like the type of guy who will suddenly lose his confidence after a bad game, or will get figured out by the league because he's got a significant weakness that hasn't been exploited yet.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Yeah that too. He's got a great demeanor and just plays a very technically sound game. Doesn't seem like the type of guy who will suddenly lose his confidence after a bad game, or will get figured out by the league because he's got a significant weakness that hasn't been exploited yet.

He crapped the bed against Carolina a few weeks ago, and now he's out there winning players of the month

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Hextall said they had a little inside Intel as Brady Robinson the goalie development coach in the organization worked with him at Canada's camp. They like his athleticism & think he's not done growing. However they're really high on his mental makeup the most. They're pretty confident in him because of that.

We'll see how it goes over the years though.

Nice...proving himself much saner than Hak and Hextall...lol

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Hart played two months in the AHL, and when he was called up to the NHL he has played well under Scott Gordon.

Your assumptions about how he would have played in the NHL under Dave Hakstol with the league's worst PK in front of him and with no chance to get acclimated to pro hockey at a lower level are just that, assumptions.

And assumptions about how him being scarred for life because he gave up some goals are worse than just assumptions.

I mean get real. I posit Hart would have been fine and playing like Carter Hart. Your belief is he would have been Michael Leighton?

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
He crapped the bed against Carolina a few weeks ago, and now he's out there winning players of the month

He would have been even better now if not for that Carolina game, which shattered his confidence and ruined him forever. Should have kept in minors.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
The kid is just so f***ing sound.

I have almost no concerns about medium and low danger shots anymore. I still have some, it's almost like PTSD, but overall I just watch the game chilling, and now he pulls these Hasek saves out of his wazoo.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
In addition to all the on-ice stuff he does, he might’ve saved us like $10m in cap space by stopping us from making a dumb offer for Bob. :laugh:

The cost on goaltending is an underrated thought process moving forward the next few years. If they decide to stick it out with Stolarz, or even a vet minimum guy. The Goalies will cost, maybe $2 million for the next 2-3 years? That allows for some heavy duty fun money for other areas *cough* KARLSSON *cough*

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
Hart tracks the puck as good or better than any goalie in the league, he’s rarely out of position, yes he gets beat but so does every goalie, I think what impresses me the most is his mental game, he’s grounded and mature beyond his years, not a hot head basically the opposite of Roy, what I’m looking forward to is the Flyers getting better on D, then this team could be scary

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00