Prospect Info: Round 2, Pick 48, Carter Hart, G, Everett (WHL)

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
This Hart for Calder stuff needs to end regardless what happens. It's EP's. Hart might not even be the top rookie goalie when you look at the numbers.

I am just happy he is playing well....way better than expected given his age.
Thank you. Shut up with "Calder Hart" talk, he's having a great start, he doesn't need that. Bad enough the guys on TSN and Sportsnet in Canada mention it, as Flyers fans we should not be so silly.

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
I need some help here: did he suck since he couldn't beat out Elliott, Neuvy, Stolie, Lyon, Pickard, and McKenna? Or will he suck at some time in the future when his backup gets 2 or 3 starts in a row?

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I'm sorry, but why can't we talk about Carter being in the Top 3 of Calder Trophy?

Did I miss that in the fan rule book?

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
So I've loved this kid from his junior days been a big fan of his.

Are you guys completely sold hes the next future stud or did he get the benefit of a hot start with some solid play by your team in general ?

Thanks guys! And make the playoffs over those dirty Penguins please !

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Oh, Hart's definitely for real, it's not like he was making miracle save after miracle save, watching him it's obvious he's technically sound with great instincts. I expect him to struggle the next year or two, teams will get a book on him and he'll have to learn to adjust, but as he learns, the team around him (one of the youngest in the NHL and getting younger) will mature and give him better protection.

2021-22, he'll be all of 23 years old, and the Flyers may be where TB is now. A lot of young, talented players either entering or only a year or two away from their peak years.

Of course, we have a few young goaltenders behind him to help share the load.

Reactions: DJB

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
So I've loved this kid from his junior days been a big fan of his.

Are you guys completely sold hes the next future stud or did he get the benefit of a hot start with some solid play by your team in general ?

Thanks guys! And make the playoffs over those dirty Penguins please !

I'm completely sold because he isn't the least bit "flashy" - he's so fundamentally sound and airtight, and his head seems so steady, that I feel the only thing that can derail him is injury. Since we are the Flyers ... you know.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
I'm completely sold because he isn't the least bit "flashy" - he's so fundamentally sound and airtight, and his head seems so steady, that I feel the only thing that can derail him is injury. Since we are the Flyers ... you know.

He does remind me of Carey Price in how he plays in the net. Very calm and composed.

Those games where he got blown up and pulled , was he hurt? Or just played poorly?

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
He does remind me of Carey Price in how he plays in the net. Very calm and composed.

Those games where he got blown up and pulled , was he hurt? Or just played poorly?

I think the team said he got hurt in practice before the Montreal game and didn't think it was a big deal, so he didn't tell anyone, but it's all kind of shrouded in mystery and conspiracy theories lol

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->