Prospect Info: Round 2, Pick 48, Carter Hart, G, Everett (WHL)

Provorov4Norris

Sep 28, 2017
This kid is as focused and tuned in as anyone....since draft day, he’s had a plan and executed it. Hart is the best goalie right now without a doubt...20 games in the AHL will make no difference.

If he’s the best, play him.

Reactions: Cootsfanclub

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Hart shouldn't be rushed, but if Stolarz doesn't come around, he may have to start in Philly before going down when Lyon and Neuvirth return.
He needs to play 50+ games in the AHL rather than 20+ in the NHL, at least until April.

Reactions: mdm815 and renberg

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
I was sitting about 12 rows behind him and Hart made a save tonight on the 2nd or 3rd isles shot that was a scramble in front and an isles player had a point blank shot from about 2 feet away he deflected it over the net. Incredibly quick reflexes I was surprised he was able to get that quickly and he knew he did because he whipped around and followed it behind the net. Watching him play goal is really awesome.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
He's the Flyers' number 1 goalie. Whether they acknowledge it or not is one thing. Whether the pressure gets to him off the bat is another. But he's their best goalie.

I want him here bad, but he needs 1-2 months min on Phantoms to adjust to life as a pro goalie. The pressure on this kid is like nothing we have seen. The skill level is there, just give him 60 days to adjust life wise.

That being said, he is the organizations bestbgoalie right now, and that is f***ing awesome.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I want him here bad, but he needs 1-2 months min on Phantoms to adjust to life as a pro goalie. The pressure on this kid is like nothing we have seen. The skill level is there, just give him 60 days to adjust life wise.

That being said, he is the organizations bestbgoalie right now, and that is ****ing awesome.

Maybe he doesn't need time to adjust. If he's your best goalie, play him. If it shows he can't handle it, then send him down to adjust. At worst the other goalies will have been given a little more time to heal. At best, he runs with it. I don't think he'll be forever ruined if he starts with the Flyers at the beginning of the season and fails. All goalies have to go through ups and downs. The ones that can't handle the downs will never be good.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

That being said, he is the organizations bestbgoalie right now, and that is ****ing awesome.

He'll likely spend the entire season in LV regardless.

Reactions: bennysflyers16

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
We are a team of destiny. Lyon, and neuvirth goiing down at just the right times make it seem that this is divine intervention.

I like this line of thinking. "Thou shalt play Hart!"

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Remember folks: always open an image in a new tab or "view image" if you're going to copy the link. Never just click once on the picture so it comes up with the black border and copy that link.

Protip, when it's in that black border, instead of clicking view image, just right click the picture and click "copy image url"

Reactions: Jtown

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
He's the Flyers' number 1 goalie. Whether they acknowledge it or not is one thing. Whether the pressure gets to him off the bat is another. But he's their best goalie.

I agree with this.

I also agree with the sentiment that he should not start the regular season anywhere but the Phantoms. Allow him a chance to dominate at that level, even if it is just for a month or two.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Maybe he doesn't need time to adjust. If he's your best goalie, play him. If it shows he can't handle it, then send him down to adjust. At worst the other goalies will have been given a little more time to heal. At best, he runs with it. I don't think he'll be forever ruined if he starts with the Flyers at the beginning of the season and fails. All goalies have to go through ups and downs. The ones that can't handle the downs will never be good.

Yeah, I was for putting him in the AHL for a bit but holy shit this guy is refined already

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Yeah, I was for putting him in the AHL for a bit but holy **** this guy is refined already

The game against the Rangers was something to see. Probably could have had the Chytil goal, but he locked it down so well after that...17 straight.

I'm not really astounded by him so much as relieved. He just looks like an NHL goalie, right out of the box.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
The game against the Rangers was something to see. Probably could have had the Chytil goal, but he locked it down so well after that...17 straight.

I'm not really astounded by him so much as relieved. He just looks like an NHL goalie, right out of the box.
Relieved is a very good word to use. It is of course a small sample size, but it's always nice to see someone make the jump up 2 levels, and look great.

And in Philly, we need that goalie in order to win a cup.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Remember folks: always open an image in a new tab or "view image" if you're going to copy the link. Never just click once on the picture so it comes up with the black border and copy that link.

Protip, when it's in that black border, instead of clicking view image, just right click the picture and click "copy image url"

wthayta.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad