Prospect Info: Round 2, Pick 48, Carter Hart, G, Everett (WHL)

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Fortunately the limited amount of games I've watched. I was able to watch Hart most of his minutes.

In the Islanders game, I thought he was a statue. His movement is so minimal, but he put himself in terrific spots for those minimal movements, however, was not tested almost at all.
In the Rangers game, they tested him a hell of a lot more, he made some big time saves, he made some simple saves. I only caught the 2nd goal and I would think 8/10 times he should have that. I didn't see his first goal, but I think I remember Meltzer saying it was a very difficult shot.

SanBlom

Jan 29, 2008
St Peters
Yeah, he was tested a lot last night and was mostly in the right position. He made some great saves and had excellent composure. There was only one goal where he should have made the save (was leaning a little) and a couple of times that he over committed. If I was to grade his performance I would give him an A-. I'd feel more confident with him than Elliot, but it's probably a little early. Would love to see him get eased in over the course of the year and see what happens in the latter part of the season. He's a gamer, for sure.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Well, a healthy Sandstrom might object.

I think Sandström is probably a slightly better athlete than Hart... and before illness last year was a top ten goalie prospect himself.

But Hart is just special. I mean, last year he had the greatest CHL season in history for a goalie since they started recording stats, even adjusted for his peers it was comfortably the best.

Reactions: CodyTheHuman

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
So with as good as he's looked, is there any sliver of hope they would waive one of the broken goalies we have and go with Hart? I am looking for actual responses, not responses about how Hakstok has never let anyone under 35 play on his team.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
So with as good as he's looked, is there any sliver of hope they would waive one of the broken goalies we have and go with Hart? I am looking for actual responses, not responses about how Hakstok has never let anyone under 35 play on his team.

My personal opinion is, no matter how good he looks in preseason, send him to the AHL for at least half the season - if not the whole season. Make sure he properly adjusts to pro hockey.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
My personal opinion is, no matter how good he looks in preseason, send him to the AHL for at least half the season - if not the whole season. Make sure he properly adjusts to pro hockey.
Yeah that's what I'm sure the plan is but I am holding out hope since Hextall kind of referenced the possibility earlier either last year or right after the season.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

I seriously doubt it. I don't think Hexy would do that with a goaltender especially, and I don't blame him at all. Seems like the wise thing to do to give him at least one season in the AHL. We aren't in any hurry.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Lol earlier I said hopefully Mase is still available if when Neuvirth gets hurt, but instead it looks like our youngins are ready and both neuvi and Elliott can be swept in a same bin as Mason.

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
naa, I think he starts the season in LV. He needs to learn what it takes to be a pro. play most every night in LV instead of maybe once a week in Philly.
He is going to be really good for us down the line. But the smart play is to send him to LV and play every night down there

Reactions: Alchemy

C0DITH

Apr 30, 2017
If I was playing poker, I would be going all in on my belief that Hart is going to be a top5 goalie over the next 5 years. But, I also agree with him going to the AHL this year to push him to excel at the pro level first.

Reactions: DrinkFightFlyers

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I seriously doubt it. I don't think Hexy would do that with a goaltender especially, and I don't blame him at all. Seems like the wise thing to do to give him at least one season in the AHL. We aren't in any hurry.
Oh yeah don't get me wrong, I don't think he SHOULD be here to start the year, but I would definitely be happy if he was!

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
He'll go to the AHL until Neuvirth gets injured, so... second week of October?

Realistically, I would actually expect until we're in 2019 that Stolarz would get the call if a goalie was needed. If Hart does well in the first half of the year in the AHL he may be a candidate for a callup.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
He'd only get called up to start games. Lyon or Stolarz would wear the ballcap and not play any games if there were an injury. Personally I'm not in any hurry to see Hart play behind this joke of a PK and coach.

Reactions: Curufinwe

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004

Close to zero. Im as impatient as they come, but even I say let him rip the AHL to shreds and then by Xmas force his way onto the Flyers. Talent is through the roof, but let him adjust to living on his own and Pro hockey away from the pressure of playing goal for the Flyers.

One of the goalies will be hurt sooner or later anyways,

Reactions: DrinkFightFlyers

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
3 preseason games, 45/47 | 0.33 | .957 Preseason or not, it would be crazy to think that your coach wouldn't keep him
or not give him healthy chance at some point,decent amount of games up this season.

Reactions: Tripod

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad