Prospect Info: Round 2, Pick 48, Carter Hart, G, Everett (WHL)

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
wthayta.gif
Someone blessed us with a wall of url that took like 8 thumb scrolls to get through on mobile, but has since deleted the post

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
The game against the Rangers was something to see. Probably could have had the Chytil goal, but he locked it down so well after that...17 straight.

I'm not really astounded by him so much as relieved. He just looks like an NHL goalie, right out of the box.
Yeah, he should’ve had the Chytil goal.
But, hell, the kid just oozes class. And his reflexes are damn quick.

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
If Corbin Knight makes the team, don’t crap on him just because he came from bumf*** ND and played for dumf*** Hakstol. He really is a good PKer. He does have a good shot and some wheels. Surprised yes but not shocked.

Reactions: flyersfan187

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
If Corbin Knight makes the team, don’t crap on him just because he came from bum**** ND and played for dum**** Hakstol. He really is a good PKer. He does have a good shot and some wheels. Surprised yes but not shocked.

I don’t mind it at all.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Hart can stay up until Lyon is healthy enough to play. Then he could be sent down to LV. He's not on a EL contract where he'd have to be returned to Jrs and couldn't be recalled.
Frankly Hextall needs to add a quality veteran goalie who can bridge the time until Hart and Sandstrom are ready to take the reins. Neuvy is finished. Once the groin pulls start, they just get worse. Stolarz is Leighton 2.0- a big body that gets in front of shots but has no glove and is poor with most rebounds. Elliott is a banged up aging vet. He isn't ready for the season and, in fact, may have injuries that will affect his career going forward. Right now Hart and Lyon may be the two best goalies in the system which shaky for a team that want to make some noise in the POs.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
If it means Lehtera is not on the ice, you won't hear a peep.

Exactly. Its all about who he makes the team over, not whether he makes the team at all.

If he is the 4C, that means Lehtera is scratched. Theres no way Lehtera plays over Laughton or Raffl. It would also mean Weal is scratched. That I cant see happening so im guessing Knight returns to LV.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Exactly. Its all about who he makes the team over, not whether he makes the team at all.

If he is the 4C, that means Lehtera is scratched. Theres no way Lehtera plays over Laughton or Raffl. It would also mean Weal is scratched. That I cant see happening so im guessing Knight returns to LV.

I would be a bit upset, because I don't think that would be the best use of the roster. If the top 9 is set, and Laughton and Raffl are set on line 4, I would much rather see either Weal (as center or wing) or NAK. It would be better than Weise or Lehtera, tho.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
Stolarz will maybe be an NHL back-up journeyman if he's lucky

I'm unsure about what to do with Hart. I'll be fine and trust whatever they do.

Reactions: Insurrection

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Hart's the best and healthiest goaltender in camp by a mile. He should start 40 games in the NHL this season.

The Flyers' handling of this situation will cost them at least 3 games this year.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Hart's the best and healthiest goaltender in camp by a mile. He should start 40 games in the NHL this season.

The Flyers' handling of this situation will cost them at least 3 games this year.
Yeah I see no reason why he shouldn't be playing those Vancouver, Ottawa and other lowly games.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
We are a team of destiny. Lyon, and neuvirth goiing down at just the right times make it seem that this is divine intervention.

Destiny has a way of kicking us in the nards, though. For one, the Flyers history book is filled with stories where destiny has been ragdolled by dynasty.

I am in the camp of being ultra cautious with Hart. He hasn't played a single game in the AHL.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
One of those ****ty south teams should be relocated there, but with the size of Scottsdale, Miami and Raleigh tv markets Bettman has made it his misson to keep the suck there.

We just have to hope that when that tiny evil ****er finally gets out of the way, we can get a hockey guy in the office, and get some solid, non-Melnykian ownership up there.

Then we can start to work on Hartford ;)

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
We just have to hope that when that tiny evil ****er finally gets out of the way, we can get a hockey guy in the office, and get some solid, non-Melnykian ownership up there.

Then we can start to work on Hartford ;)

Some big time Mango should get up there, no PIMs, players could be given bigger harder longer grittier sticks!

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

orangey

perpetual mediocrity
Aug 9, 2008
Internet
Elliott and Stolarz is my guess for the start of the season.

Hart will go down and Stolarz would have to go through waivers if they didn’t keep him up. It’s just easier this way.

Don't forget the next part when both Elliott and Stolarz get injured one after another and then they sign Mason to share duties with Hart. Should be entertaining.

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto
Destiny has a way of kicking us in the nards, though. For one, the Flyers history book is filled with stories where destiny has been ragdolled by dynasty.

I am in the camp of being ultra cautious with Hart. He hasn't played a single game in the AHL.

As I have said before, my favorite way of introducing Hart to the NHL is the way many rookies have dominated in the past...late late season call-up, win all your starts because you're great/shooters don't have your playbook/you're too new to understand how intimidated you should be and ride the wave of joy to a Cinderella Cup victory. AND still be eligible for the Calder next season.

Reactions: Tripod and renberg

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

If Knight and Vorobyev make the team then two of Leier, Lehtera and Weise would have to be waived. Unless there’s a trade.

G-C-TK
JVR-NP-JV
Lindblom-Vorobyev-Simmonds
Laughton-Weal/Knight-Raffl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad