Prospect Info: Round 2, Pick 48, Carter Hart, G, Everett (WHL)

NYCFlyer

Nov 23, 2002
NYC
Carey Price didnt break .920 until his 4th season. also that 4th year he broke under 2.50 GAA for the first time.
young goalies usually take some time to start playing up to their potential. Sure he could come in right away and perform at a high level right from the start. I am keeping expectations low for him his first couple of NHL seasons anyway.
He might already be our best G but i still wouldnt rush him. I dont think he shaves yet. We just need to be patient and unquestionably make him earn it.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
He might already be our best G but i still wouldnt rush him. I dont think he shaves yet. We just need to be patient and unquestionably make him earn it.

Which is exactly why we need to upgrade in net in the meantime, or else the next 2 years are a complete waste with zero chance of winning a playoff series.

I wonder if we can get Varlamov to take a short term contract next summer?

I'm running out of ideas.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Which is exactly why we need to upgrade in net in the meantime, or else the next 2 years are a complete waste with zero chance of winning a playoff series.

Hmm, 2009-10 Flyers:

Leighton - Emery - Boucher
That was Leighton's only decent NHL season, .918 regular season, .916 playoffs.
Goes to show if you throw a bunch of goalies against the wall, one might stick.

Biron had career years in 2007-08 and 2008-09, and got the Flyers to the CF with a .904 playoff average in 2007-08. Next season he posts a .919 save average and they exit in the first round. Go figure.

If the rest of the team keeps improving, they just need one goalie to get hot and stay healthy, and I don't mean red hot, just above league average hot.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
I'm starting hart in the ahl come hell or high water. I think the adjustment is just too much no matter the performance. Even for a player who has dominated the way hart has maybe especially because he was so dominant i want him learning at a higher level of competition against men. Let the high expectations wait a year and see how the kid does

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
I'll admit straight-up that i've only really been paying attention to hockey since arond the start of the 2010s... but i'm not sure if i've ever been more hyped for a Flyers prospect than i am for this kid.

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
I'll admit straight-up that i've only really been paying attention to hockey since arond the start of the 2010s... but i'm not sure if i've ever been more hyped for a Flyers prospect than i am for this kid.

I can say there hasn’t been a goalie prospect with this type of hype/expectations for the Flyers since I’ve been a fan. The team is ready to win as soon as he’s ready to.

daynus

Nov 25, 2002
Good Ole Saskatchewan
Visit site
The thing about Hextall is his approach and ability to stick to his plan. Our roster and prospect pool is top notch. When you build that way, our prospect pool is weakest at Defense. Our goalie prospect pool in goal is looking pretty good, led by young star with huge potential Carter Hart.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire

Im not sure who is available for in a trade. The FA crop is pretty meh this offseason

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
The thing about Hextall is his approach and ability to stick to his plan. Our roster and prospect pool is top notch. When you build that way, our prospect pool is weakest at Defense. Our goalie prospect pool in goal is looking pretty good, led by young star with huge potential Carter Hart.
yeah it's funny that our D pool is the weakest since we have graduated so many guys. Next year, add a stud in the 1st rd.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I can say there hasn’t been a goalie prospect with this type of hype/expectations for the Flyers since I’ve been a fan. The team is ready to win as soon as he’s ready to.

Well, there was this kid who looked pretty good before he decided to test the laws of physics.
Of course, that was 34 years ago.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I really hope K'Andre Miller is another McIlrath.

Speaking of New York, I thought their 1st round was pretty underwelming considering they had 3 picks.

Kravstov over Wahlstrom and Dobson was a very questionable decision at 8 for starters, and then they go with two defensemen with questionable ceilings with their other two picks.

I feel like Dobson at 8, Berggren at 26 without spending an asset to trade up, and then BPA at 28 would have been a better haul for them.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I would have been incredibly annoyed as a Rags fan to take Kravtsov there, but maybe he'll be the next Rantanen.

I always wonder how team decide to order their picks when they have two or three in a row. Do they go with their actual rankings, or reverse them so the lower ranked guy foes first, alphabetically, by height, by weight....

Last edited:
Reactions: Rebels57

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
I tend to go with my gut pn goalies. I really liked bob and hated when he was traded and discovered his glovehand. Sunshine was more hope than potential. Boucher coming off the calder championship was pretty hyped and i think his time in Philly was well spent. Hart has the pedigree we just need to have patience

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
I tend to go with my gut pn goalies. I really liked bob and hated when he was traded and discovered his glovehand. Sunshine was more hope than potential. Boucher coming off the calder championship was pretty hyped and i think his time in Philly was well spent. Hart has the pedigree we just need to have patience
Andi it's not just that Hart has the resume, Sandstrom might end up being better in the long run, Lyon and Stolarz are pretty good already, and we still can hope that Ustimenko or Ersson comes out of nowhere down the line to be a star. Fedotov also seems determined and committed.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Andi it's not just that Hart has the resume, Sandstrom might end up being better in the long run, Lyon and Stolarz are pretty good already, and we still can hope that Ustimenko or Ersson comes out of nowhere down the line to be a star. Fedotov also seems determined and committed.

Yeah even while boosh turned out to be well boosh this is an even deeper pool than boucher Pelletier and ouillet. With several guys having nhl potential. Goalies are such a crapshoot though. I even remember la championing bernier over quick and look how that turned out. With hart in the lead for me i see this as really the first time goalie could be our strongest position of prospect

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Hart has the personally and maturity that the NHL could really market. Needs the star power for them to actually try though.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
So, 2 preseason games so far for Carter Hart.

1st game, vs the Islanders, 11/11 | 1.000 | 0.00 | 29:55 (-) - Neuvirth got the W
2nd game, vs the Rangers, 25/27 | .926 | 2.00 | 40:00 (W)

36/38 | 1.00 | .947 | 69:55

From all the Flyers goalies, Hart has the best preseason stats, yes?.
Other than the stats, can anyone say how Carter has actually played so far in the preseason?.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad