Prospect Info: Round 2, Pick 48, Carter Hart, G, Everett (WHL)

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
As I have said before, my favorite way of introducing Hart to the NHL is the way many rookies have dominated in the past...late late season call-up, win all your starts because you're great/shooters don't have your playbook/you're too new to understand how intimidated you should be and ride the wave of joy to a Cinderella Cup victory. AND still be eligible for the Calder next season.

Well, okay. If they are going to win the Cup, I guess that's all right. ;)

For sure if Hart is playing lights out in the AHL for the year and the need arises near the end of the season, he can get some NHL action in. I just want to walk before we run with Mr. Franchise.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
If Knight and Vorobyev make the team then two of Leier, Lehtera and Weise would have to be waived. Unless there’s a trade.

G-C-TK
JVR-NP-JV
Lindblom-Vorobyev-Simmonds
Laughton-Weal/Knight-Raffl

Yeah im guessing they are giving Knight a long look as an injury fill-in option more than anything else.

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
If Knight and Vorobyev make the team then two of Leier, Lehtera and Weise would have to be waived. Unless there’s a trade.

G-C-TK
JVR-NP-JV
Lindblom-Vorobyev-Simmonds
Laughton-Weal/Knight-Raffl

Lehtera ain't getting traded. Nobody's dumb enough to bite on that. Well, not without getting multiple 1st round picks in return. :sarcasm:

I could see that 4th line with one of Weal or Knight (whoever isn't the 4C) still making the team as a healthy scratch, along with one of Leier, Lehtera or Weise. The other 2 of those get waived.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Lehtera ain't getting traded. Nobody's dumb enough to bite on that. Well, not without getting multiple 1st round picks in return. :sarcasm:

I could see that 4th line with one of Weal or Knight (whoever isn't the 4C) still making the team as a healthy scratch, along with one of Leier, Lehtera or Weise. The other 2 of those get waived.
f*** both Weise, Torgo and this stupid notion of loyalty to vets. Leier is the better player and should be a logical sub in case of injuries. Torgo and Weise bring absolutely nothing to the table. Why not just have those two spots be occupied but hungry young guys like Leier and NAK who would push others at practice. Another joke is this 28 year old Ahler somehow being a prime candidate for forth line? f*** that I don't want no more vandeveldes.

Anyway Hart should be a starter and Jeff ought to be fired.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
6025D178-52A2-4D0D-ACDE-7723FE0D08B4.jpeg
Micah Blake McCurdy’s new model for estimating individual impacts on 5v5 shot rates is called Magnus EV and here is how Sean’ Couturier performs by this stat from 2016-2018. FYI, this stat teases out teammates, competition, zone effects, score effects, and home-ice advantage.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
View attachment 141797 Micah Blake McCurdy’s new model for estimating individual impacts on 5v5 shot rates is called Magnus EV and here is how Sean’ Couturier performs by this stat from 2016-2018. FYI, this stat teases out teammates, competition, zone effects, score effects, and home-ice advantage.
Wait a second is MacDonald better than provorov?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
**** both Weise, Torgo and this stupid notion of loyalty to vets. Leier is the better player and should be a logical sub in case of injuries. Torgo and Weise bring absolutely nothing to the table. Why not just have those two spots be occupied but hungry young guys like Leier and NAK who would push others at practice. Another joke is this 28 year old Ahler somehow being a prime candidate for forth line? **** that I don't want no more vandeveldes.

What exactly has Leier done?
He was awful on the PK.
He scored 5 points in 39 games. 0.86 pp/60
Good corsi, but xGFrel -1.81, GF% 37.5.
Corsica rating of 68.74, Lehtera 68.85, Weise 69.34, 70 is about replacement level.

It's not about loyalty to vets, it's about choosing between three subpar players.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
As I have said before, my favorite way of introducing Hart to the NHL is the way many rookies have dominated in the past...late late season call-up, win all your starts because you're great/shooters don't have your playbook/you're too new to understand how intimidated you should be and ride the wave of joy to a Cinderella Cup victory. AND still be eligible for the Calder next season.

Unfortunately if he is a callup Hakstol won't play him.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
You think he'll play this year, maybe even rob the #1 spot?

as talented as he is, I still think the right thing to do is give him some time in the AHL where he can play every night. He is obviously the first call up when one of the goalies break. But he should start the season in the AHL no matter how much we love this kids potential. Even goalies like Price and Holtby were brought along slowly.

Reactions: BernieParent

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Provy is great in transition, but he just doesn't seem to have the vision Ghost does.
I don't even think it's so much a lack of vision. He's just really stiff at the point and doesn't have a lot of deception. He telegraphs everything. Ghost is just so unpredictable at the point and obviously has a bomb of a shot.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I don't even think it's so much a lack of vision. He's just really stiff at the point and doesn't have a lot of deception. He telegraphs everything. Ghost is just so unpredictable at the point and obviously has a bomb of a shot.

Not trying to be funny, but I really do wonder if that giant stick holds him back in some ways with regard to flexibility.

Reactions: Foggy14

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Not trying to be funny, but I really do wonder if that giant stick holds him back in some ways with regard to flexibility.
Internet comedy!

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
as talented as he is, I still think the right thing to do is give him some time in the AHL where he can play every night. He is obviously the first call up when one of the goalies break. But he should start the season in the AHL no matter how much we love this kids potential. Even goalies like Price and Holtby were brought along slowly.

Price played 41 games in his 20 year old season. Mason played 61. Luongo 24. Vasilevsky 19.

Marc-Andre Fleury played 21 games in his 19 year old season, Dan Blackburn had 32, DiPietro 20.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Price played 41 games in his 20 year old season. Mason played 61. Luongo 24. Vasilevsky 19.

Marc-Andre Fleury played 21 games in his 19 year old season, Dan Blackburn had 32, DiPietro 20.

I get that. I never said how long he should be in the AHL. But I believe hes should start down there.
Quick played 71 minor league games before full time duty
Holtby played 144 games in the minors. so it is kind of a mixed bag with goalie prospects

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I do think that's part of it. It's more difficult for him to change angles with his stick. He can't fake shots and slide pucks near his feet.

Kinda like this:

That guy must be ripping up a PP somewhere.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
My personal belief is Hart is going to the AHL, even if Hextall knows it means that losses will mount on the big squad. Longer view.

Provorov4Norris

Sep 28, 2017
so when is it "ok" to bring Hart up? Let's say he goes 8-2 with a 2.05 GAA and .935 save %...is that good enough? Does he need to play half a season? a whole season?

There is no magic bullet or some bell that's going to ring to indicate he's ready. It's all very arbitrary...Hart is the best goalie in Philly right now and should be playing in Philly.

Reactions: Philly Fanatik

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad