GDT: Round 2, Game 4: Avs vs Sharks | 8 PM MT | May 2, 2019 | Too Much Tuna

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Idk about you guys, but seeing so many Sharks fans complain about the officiating is incredible.

Well, nothing terrible ;-) I feel the Sharks are very worthy opponents, including the fans and not to forget, Pavelski hasn't been playing, he is a decent player. :sarcasm:

The Avalanche are showing we can defeat any team in the league but we need to find consistency. The defensive corps starting to look really good and promising, it's a factor for sure.

Also, I'm not sure what to say about Gru, it's an incredible second half of the season.

Last edited:
Reactions: MacBradley and Avs

Foxtail

Mar 31, 2018
Nova Scotia
For the first couple games I would have been ok with losing this series, but now seeing how we can play against them, I'll be pissed if we lose.

Also, a ton of the SJ fans on here are just crying about the refs every game, despite the fact that they've missed some big calls on us.

I read some of their GDT and it's nothing but complaining about the refs, and complaining about all the media attention MacKinnon gets lol

Sad!

View attachment 223793
Meh we are going to win , a little birdie told me the Avs didn't like Couture's antics last game .

Foxtail

Mar 31, 2018
Nova Scotia
Huge win. Gutsy performance. Thank **** Erik Johnson decided to make his playoff debut tonight. About three weeks late to the party but he was actually good tonight.

For all the talk about how Nathan MacKinnon might wear down by the end of the series, my money is on Brent Burns wearing down first. He looked BAD tonight defensively. Like MacKinnon said post-game to Pierre, the Avs have to continue getting pucks in deep and throwing the body. The Sharks use 5 defensemen nightly, I don't even know why Ryan bothers dressing.
Burns is bad defensively anyhow and Mack isn't going to wear down , he's the best conditioned player in the league .

Reactions: MacBradley

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
It's funny that both Flames and Sharks fanbases complained about the officiating, but for different reasons.

Flames fans did because their team dives and embellishes on the regular and they're used to getting a lot of calls.

Sharks fans because their team is full of respected vets that don't really dive around so the refs let them get away with a ton of calls so they aren't used to having the whistle blown against them.

Meanwhile us Aves fanes are pleasantly surprised any time a blatant call against us gets the ref to stick his arm in the air.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
It's funny that both Flames and Sharks fanbases complained about the officiating, but for different reasons.

Flames fans did because their team dives and embellishes on the regular and they're used to getting a lot of calls.

Sharks fans because their team is full of respected vets that don't really dive around so the refs let them get away with a ton of calls so they aren't used to having the whistle blown against them.

Meanwhile us Aves fanes are pleasantly surprised any time a blatant call against us gets the ref to stick his arm in the air.
Well unless you're Erik Karlsson. Then you are pretty damn good at diving. That Superman dive in the second period while that were on the PP made me want to puke.

Gets a love tap on the knee, thinks about for a stride then decides to hurl himself forward like a sniper shot him. That's the kind of stuff the NHL needs to fine players for. That was a disgrace.

Reactions: Tommy Shelby

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
Last night was as close to a perfect game as the Avs could get (Other than the powerplay) They really need to get the powerplay going if they want to make it easier on themselves.

But they did a good job getting the puck down low and putting pressure on the D to wear them down. Gru obviously played amazing, but there could have been a few more goals on both sides.

Brassard was passable as well.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
I get San Jose’s frustration with the reffing, I feel we’ve got a lot of makeup calls though on missed calls earlier. The one penalty taken on Kerfoot you could visibaly see Kerf skate back to his bench confused shaking his head and laughing with teammates and then say “That was bad”. The hooking call on Girard was pretty weak too and there was at least one other. However the refs missed some blatant high sticks (Makar’s own stick actually hit him in the face so not there) some clear boarding penalties and a few other. Contrary to the color commentary for SN I do believe that Karlson’s trip on the PP was a bit of a dive, the stick hit him in the shin pads well above (but close to the skates).

Reffing tends to balance itself out, the Avs need to keep working hard and we’ll continue to get calls.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
If the Avs play as they did last night for the rest of this series....

HOE LEE SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

giphy.gif

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Refs were pretty bad overall last night, but the Sharks were also playing borderline dirty hockey. They could have been called for a few more stick infractions throughout the game but were not. The Burns hook was 100% a hook on Girard, and he's a moron for arguing it.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Gutsy win last night. Good game from EJ finally. Love, love, love Nieto and Calvert. These guys are earning every pennies they get right now.

I don't think Rants played that bad but the problem with him is that he is trying to be way too cute right now with passing. Just go back to shooting the puck like you used to bud and everything will be alright.

Soda played a lot better last night but he is really snake bitten right now.

Makar and Girard....well just Woah!!!!!

ganiseri

Feb 3, 2014
Beautiful, just beautiful, nice! I've heard Erik Karlsson is really popular in Finland too, is this true?

Hmmm, I have never had a favorit player from Finland yet but a bunch of players being really, really close like Kurri, Selänne and now Rantanen, not to mention Formula 1 drivers, Bottas for the win. ;-)
That Jokerit season made many of us love Karlsson. Im so glad that now there is a good young finn in everywhere. Sebastian Aho is going to be something special. Now Landesgok is one of my favorite players.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Wonder if Rantanen is still hurt. Don't recall him shooting the puck at all lately.

I'm pretty sure he ripped a one-timer wide in the previous game. They're just not giving him the lanes that Calgary did. I think he's okay. He didn't hesistate to throw his body around along the boards last night.

HOWEVER...I do think something's bothering Landeskog. Something about him seems off. He's not quite as strong on pucks as usual, not moving with the same speed, and at times seemed a bit hesitant to get into board battles (except near the end there with that one Sharks player...Meier?). He still turned in a good effort last night but I just don't think he's 100% right now.

AvsFanInMichigan

“Thank you, thank you, thank you!”
Apr 16, 2018
Michigan
What a win by the Avs last night truly amazing.

Many of you probably wonder how I became an Avs fan in Michigan well both of my parents are from the Denver area my dad from Golden, and mom from Westminster. They were Broncos season ticket holders. They also went to many Rockies and Avs games. They're the epitome of Denver sports fans. Anyway my mom passed away this past November due to a battle with cancer and it's been very hard for me these past few months. But watching the Avs make this run has been so amazing for me to watch and I know my mom is enjoying every second of it just like me. She really loved her Denver sports teams and seeing the Avs do this has just been the best thing for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad