Series Discussion: Round 2 (Caps vs Rangers) 2015 Playoffs

KevinM

Feb 7, 2012
D.C.
I'm excited for the series overall, I think going in a lot of people will have the caps penciled in as underdogs but I think it's going to be another 7 game anxiety fest where both teams are in every game.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
But the data you shared says his other season stats notwithstanding these Rags have had his number. Can he up his game for this series? Maybe, but to call it a blip is to ignore your own facts.

iirc the first two games had the caps on a back end of back to backs against a rested rangers. the 3rd game had the rangers on the back end of a back to backs and the caps thru a clunker. the final game was the final game of the season.

maybe I remember wrong

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
iirc the first two games had the caps on a back end of back to backs against a rested rangers. the 3rd game had the rangers on the back end of a back to backs and the caps thru a clunker. the final game was the final game of the season.

maybe I remember wrong

Pretty sure this is accurate

JenniferH

Holts Did It
Nov 7, 2013
Georgia
I can't believe that after Holtby's play during this series so far people are actually saying he has to do better. I mean... wow. The guy lets in one so-so goal (when he faced only 11 shots in the entire freaking game) and suddenly he's not doing good enough? Really?! He's let in only one in every game we've won (that he played) and only two in the games we've lost (minus the first when he had the flu). AND from what I read here he has the 3rd best save % of every active NHL goalie (and that includes Tim Thomas among "active" goalies). I think Holts is doing fine; we don't have to worry about his performance.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
I can't believe that after Holtby's play during this series so far people are actually saying he has to do better. I mean... wow. The guy lets in one so-so goal (when he faced only 11 shots in the entire freaking game) and suddenly he's not doing good enough? Really?! He's let in only one in every game we've won (that he played) and only two in the games we've lost (minus the first when he had the flu). AND from what I read here he has the 3rd best save % of every active NHL goalie (and that includes Tim Thomas among "active" goalies). I think Holts is doing fine; we don't have to worry about his performance.

I second this, very hard.

SlappaDaBass

May 7, 2012
If we want to stand a chance we have to win the first game because we're definitely losing the 12:30 game on Saturday. As long as we come back to Verizon with the series 1-1 I think we will have a shot at taking it.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Positive thinking!

Not so positive... I am thinking that Sunday Game 6 will be a hungover affair

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
We're not winning the first game.

We're winning the first four games.
i-like-where-this-is-going.jpg

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
Rangers to brutal Capitals: Hit us at your own peril

The Rangers under Vigneault also exemplify the mantra of cool under pressure, and they play — ready for it — whistle-to-whistle. The odds of the Capitals getting under their skin are almost zilch, but that doesn’t mean guys such as Tom Wilson — a wild-eyed instigator with little regard for his health or that of those on the ice with him — won’t try to make a difference.

“There’s a time to be physical and there’s a time not to be,” said Tanner Glass, the closest thing the Rangers have to Wilson’s counterpart. “Hopefully if they get running around, we can take advantage of it.”

http://nypost.com/2015/04/28/rangers-to-brutal-capitals-hit-us-at-your-own-peril/

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
It's kind of sad that Wilson has this negative rep around the league. The kid plays hard and clean.

El Gato Bodegero

Oct 22, 2008
Mexico City
I have more confidence in this series than the previous two that we lost.

We have a better defensive corps, we are a big and strong group who just overcame a game 7 and god forbid in case any other injury we have solid players awaiting their call.

Burakovsky is playing great; I can't believe he was scratched for the first games. Mojo has been solid and we all have noticed his commitment. He and Kuz are playing great together.

Finally we have a great Penalty Kill Unit.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Tom Wilson hasn't even done anything yet and they're already talking. This is gonna be fun

I would love to see Tom Wilson destroy a guy then proceed to score on the resulting turnover, in overtime to win the series. Larry Brooks and everyone at NY Post would just explode.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
“If they want to be physical and they want to play that way,” said defenseman Dan Girardi, “we can throw hits, too.”

Shades of Johnny Tavares.

"WE CAN DO IT TOOO!!"

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Seeing how Johansson is actually throwing frequent hits in the playoffs so far, I would be very interested to see how Semin would've done under Trotz in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad