Prospect Info: Round 1, Pick 27: Morgan Frost, C, Sault Ste. Marie (OHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Not to mention the Schenn's prime came at a time when the Flyers had no real shot of competing. The Schenn trade was the closest thing to tanking the Flyers did and the payoff was well worth it.
Absolutely. Frost and Farabee both line up way better with the age of our young forwards, young D, and Hart.

We traded a complimentary piece, during a time when we had no chance to contend and who just didn’t fit in, for two guys who could end up being a huge part of our core when we’re actually projected to contend. It was a risk but so far it’s looking like a good one.

Munch89

Jul 4, 2018
Hard to say.
Frost is faster and more dynamic, especially this year.
Farabee as he fills out his body has a chance to be a two way forward who does everything well.
Not much to complain about. :D

You're right, we win with both players and Frost looks really promising!

But when I watch Farabee, he's not the fastest player on the ice, but he always seems to be a step ahead. He makes crisp passes, is in good position, and is on the ice with the intention to make something happen..

I can't really explain why I think he will become a better player than Frost, but I can't help but feel like he is something special

Reactions: phil162888

NicolasAubeKubel

Mar 3, 2018
I think Farabee is in the mold of a Couturier/Lindblom type. Lots of substance, good at everything, high hockey IQ, not a ton of flash. At the same time, Frost has a ton of substance to his game as well, he has the flash and offensive upside, but I can see him becoming a Brayden Point type two way center that drives play, wins puck battles, has elite hockey sense AND has all that offensive ability.

I think they hit home runs with both and the added quality depth will transform that forward group/offense.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Dumpster Flyers

Jun 21, 2006
I personally don't see anything beyond middle 6 upside for Farabee, because he seems to lack the creativity to consistently produce in the NHL. Frost is a much, much better prospect.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Farabee is a ppg player against grown men (college players are mostly 20-23 years old).
Frost is having a great year against 17-20 year olds.
Both were among the best players in the WJC-20, but Farabee is 18, Frost 19.
Not quite comparable.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
Farabee is a ppg player against grown men (college players are mostly 20-23 years old).
Frost is having a great year against 17-20 year olds.
Both were among the best players in the WJC-20, but Farabee is 18, Frost 19.
Not quite comparable.
Farabee is our best prospect and our best forward prospect in years. He's a great two way player that always makes the right decisions with the puck. Flyer fans are going to be surprised how good this kid is.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Farabee is our best prospect and our best forward prospect in years. He's a great two way player that always makes the right decisions with the puck. Flyer fans are going to be surprised how good this kid is.

cut.jpg

Reactions: VladDrag

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The only top forward on that team, other than Frost, is Hayton, and they generally play on different lines.
His LW is Howdeshell, 21 year old overage undrafted 6'2 207,
RW is either MacKay, 17 and ranked #83 or so, or Ryan Roth, 18, and not considered a draft prospect.

So both Frost and Hayton are playing with limited talent.
For some reason, Frost was playing LW in the WJC-20 with Hayton as his center, not the other way around, wonder why Canada didn't advance?

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
How does his team compare to the players above him? Is he getting more or less help than they did?

McDavid, Strome, and DeBrincat were all on the same team at the same time. That was a potent Erie squad. Dvorak and Marner were teammates on a strong Knights team.

Frost probably had slightly comparable help last year but this year, not so much.

Reactions: Jtown

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Gotta go with Frost at this stage. Has Farabee beat on creativity/productivity.

Farabee has Frost on shot and compete/pace.

Reactions: Jtown

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
McDavid, Strome, and DeBrincat were all on the same team at the same time. That was a potent Erie squad. Dvorak and Marner were teammates on a strong Knights team.

Frost probably had slightly comparable help last year but this year, not so much.

It's so encouraging to see what Frost is doing right now. I know he's gone, but I vaguely remembering Hextall saying that he told Frost to go be the best player in Juniors this year, which Frost is doing. He's gotta be on the team next season... Apart from the WJC, I haven't watched a lot of him this year (lack of time), but at the end last year, I thought he could be in the NHL this year.

Reactions: Rebels57

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
You're right, we win with both players and Frost looks really promising!

But when I watch Farabee, he's not the fastest player on the ice, but he always seems to be a step ahead. He makes crisp passes, is in good position, and is on the ice with the intention to make something happen..

I can't really explain why I think he will become a better player than Frost, but I can't help but feel like he is something special

Farabee has good wheels for sure but for me he has the desire and tools to be a better player every time he steps onto the ice. It would not surprise me if he made it to the show first. Both will look great in O&B one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad