Prospect Info: Round 1, Pick 27: Morgan Frost, C, Sault Ste. Marie (OHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Frost going back to juniors was the best thing for him and the team.
One reason Hextall slobbered over him was his intangibles, and they're on full display this year.
He's stepped up every aspect of his game and is getting more confident.
Frost should also fill out naturally with another year under his belt, instead of trying to bulk up past his "natural weight."

I'd be shocked if he spent any time in the AHL, I think there's a very short list of players who put up his kind of numbers in their D+1 and D+2 seasons. Combine that with his hockey IQ and work ethic and I think you can pretty much write him in at 3C next season.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
You already had Kjell last week saying he will play in the AHL. :laugh:

Kjell coaches defensemen, what does he know? :sarcasm:

I think both Frost and Farabee have probably surprised them with how they picked up their game after the WJC.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
200 points in 113 OHL regular season games since being drafted.
That’s a 120 point pace. Not a bust.

Any chance Frosty joins the Phantoms for a playoff run this year?
Probably if the Phantoms stay alive. I don’t expect SSM to make a deep run unless Frost goes on a Giroux-like tear, but Frost isn’t a big game player so that seems unlikely.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Me about 3 minutes ago: "Hey, there are new posts in the Morgan Frost thread. Let's see what he has been up to. I bet it's something good about how he is progressing."

*click

giphy.gif

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
I was the first to call him that over 2 years ago the kid has amazing hockey I Q hope he can make the NHL next season love watching him every game he slowes the game down in a good way

He sure does. Great analysis and it's what we Flyers fans have been impressed with. He excells at every situation/team he's on.

Nice job with the handle soo hound girl :nod:

Reactions: soo hound girl

Dicky Dangles

dangles the puck.
Oct 3, 2006
Manhattan Beach
I was the first to call him that over 2 years ago the kid has amazing hockey I Q hope he can make the NHL next season love watching him every game he slowes the game down in a good way

I think if you change the flower on his hat to a Flyers logo and "snowman" to "goal man," this would make for a great new avatar pic for you. Actually, um, nevermind. Stick with what ya got.

743f07f71e03c49e2c234164229faba0_28-collection-of-frosty-the-snowman-movie-clipart-high-quality-_1436-2092.png

Reactions: soo hound girl

Phillyfan28

Jun 3, 2013
Can anyone competent give me a realistic comp or floor/ceiling projection? I don’t watch junior hockey so I have no idea what to do with his torrid pace of production.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Can anyone competent give me a realistic comp or floor/ceiling projection? I don’t watch junior hockey so I have no idea what to do with his torrid pace of production.
He reminds me a lot of David Krejci. But his junior stats are better.

When Krejci was 20 he played in the AHL & had 74 points in 69 games.

At age 21, he had 27 pts in 56 NHL games.

Frost will be 20 next season. If he makes the NHL, I doubt he’ll do better than Krejci did a year older & with a year of AHL dominance behind him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad