Prospect Info: Round 1, Pick 27: Morgan Frost, C, Sault Ste. Marie (OHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
There’s very little chance Farabee gets to the NHL before Frost.

It’s likely that Frost is in the NHL next year and it’s likely that Farabee goes back to college. So two unlikely things would have to happen for Farabee to be here first.

Reactions: Curufinwe

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
At this point in time the expectation is that Frost makes the team next year and it is pretty unlikely that any offseason move would displace that notion.

Farabee's case is definitely more interesting. I'd be surprised if Farabee wasn't good enough to make the team, but there isn't as clear of a path to the league compared to Frost.

Reactions: VladDrag

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
At this point in time the expectation is that Frost makes the team next year and it is pretty unlikely that any offseason move would displace that notion.

Farabee's case is definitely more interesting. I'd be surprised if Farabee wasn't good enough to make the team, but there isn't as clear of a path to the league compared to Frost.

I think it’s 50/50 he gets a contract. If he does, I imagine he starts in AHL....Maybe I am just jaded

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
BU is pretty mediocre this year. They more than likely won’t make the NCAA Tournament. So who knows how they’ll be next year but Farabee already gets the usage/ice time he needs.

Tough to say where his head is at but it wouldn’t hurt him from a business perspective if he went back for another year.

Reactions: VladDrag

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Farabee will almost certainly depend on how he fills out this summer, he plays a physical game, so he needs enough strength to fight in the corners and in front of the net - he's got the frame, but when does it fill out?

Lindblom is a good example, he was strong enough for the SHL at 20, but needed to get strong enough for the NHL - you can see the difference this year at 22, he's far more physical than last year.

Dicky Dangles

dangles the puck.
Oct 3, 2006
Manhattan Beach
No points tonight. I see red.

Trade him to...

1804_carolina_hurricanes-jersey-2009.png

Dr Hook McCraken

Nov 8, 2019

Good for Frost to be adapting to pro hockey. Kids got skills. But my worry with him was when he was playing in best on best Tournys etc he didn’t show much.

He seems the type that needs to adjust so time in the A seems to be working for him.

Aksi as you can see from that list. Success in the A doesn’t equate stardom in the bigs. There’s a few meh guys there.

NYCFlyer

Nov 23, 2002
NYC

Pretty safe to say he will be with the big club this year. The question is when and what is the impetus that makes CF pull the trigger. Certainly wont be until we lose a few games or have trouble scoring. Ahl domination, a trade, Patricks status, an injury or shake up move?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

How about a ranking of ES scorers?

PP scoring in the AHL is not a good predictor to me (see Brennan, Carey, etc.).
One reason is it may favor "open ice" players like Frost, but 5x5 gives a better sense of how they score in traffic. PKs in the NHL are faster, so there's less time to set up shots/plays.

Even at the NHL level, PP scoring is only partially correlated to ES scoring, there are a number of players who are much better on the PP where they have more space and time.

Where people misunderstand my point, PP scoring and ES scoring are related but different skill packages, and ES scoring is more likely to translate to PP scoring than the other way around.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
He’s played in one best on best tournament in his life and had the best PPG average in the tournament. Decent ratio.

I think he padded his stats a bit against weaker competition.
However, he was also out of place at LW.
I thought Farabee had a better tournament overall.

Last edited:

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
There’s very little chance Farabee gets to the NHL before Frost.

It’s likely that Frost is in the NHL next year and it’s likely that Farabee goes back to college. So two unlikely things would have to happen for Farabee to be here first.

Very little chance Frost sees the ice until after Christmas at this rate.

Dr Hook McCraken

Nov 8, 2019
He’s played in one best on best tournament in his life and had the best PPG average in the tournament. Decent ratio.
Bulk of his points in one game against....Denmark? They have a team?

couldn’t make the Canadian Jrs outside of one year.

was invisible during the super series.

just saying. I have concerns when the competition ratchets up. I’ve no doubt he’s going to be a good one. But may need time to get there.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Bulk of his points in one game against....Denmark? They have a team?

couldn’t make the Canadian Jrs outside of one year.

was invisible during the super series.

just saying. I have concerns when the competition ratchets up. I’ve no doubt he’s going to be a good one. But may need time to get there.

He still managed 3pts in the other 4 games... as many/more as every other Canadian player.

He played one game in the super series...

and has been 4th in OHL playoff scoring one year, and was then 4th in OHL playoff P/GP last year.

Reactions: pit and Tripod

Dr Hook McCraken

Nov 8, 2019
He still managed 3pts in the other 4 games... as many/more as every other Canadian player.

He played one game in the super series...

and has been 4th in OHL playoff scoring one year, and was then 4th in OHL playoff P/GP last year.
Yep. That’s my point. In the O he adjusted then dominated.
He either didn’t make or was pedestrian in best in best type games.
He’s a slow cooker. Nothing wrong with that.
Once he’s ready. He’s likely going to be a good one. Just needs time

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Well, well well.

;)
Glad I was wrong about Farabee going back to college but if we had a smart GM I would’ve been right that he wouldn’t be here first because the correct decision was for them to be here at the same.

I overestimated Fletcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad