Prospect Info: Round 1, Pick #11: Samuel Morin, Defense, Rimouski (QMJHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
Imagine....just imagine if Morin had like a Parakyo type impact. :)

I dont see as much of an offensive impact (right away) but definitely a stronger defensive and physically imposing impact. Parayko was getting outmuscled by Giroux in their meetings. When i think of Morin, I think of those crosschecks he was delivering to the back of a Ranger in preseason last year.

Grare

Registered Factor
Nov 15, 2013
I cannot wait for Morin to play for us, bring the nasty!!!

I'm not sure Morin will play on the pp for the Flyers but don't underestimate his offensive potential.. 6'7 great skater with a bomb of a slapshot >

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Man, if these guys pan out, our defense is going to be hellish to play against.

Morin, Gudas and Provy bringing the physical play.
Ghost, Sanheim and Provy pushing the offense.
Myers..can bring both.

Can't come soon enough! I do wonder if MDZ gets signed or we move on.

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
Man, if these guys pan out, our defense is going to be hellish to play against.

Morin, Gudas and Provy bringing the physical play.
Ghost, Sanheim and Provy pushing the offense.
Myers..can bring both.

Can't come soon enough! I do wonder if MDZ gets signed or we move on.

our prospect pool is truly awesome.

Last edited:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I'm thinking we end up partnering up our young guys with Shultz and striet. Should boost their stats and trade values.

I don't see Schultz beating out MDZ, Provy or AMac on the left side. He can be moved at any time if we can get a return for him. We need to move 1 Dman before camp IMO. He seems like a logical choice.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I don't think you're going to really change either Streit's or Schultz's value much at this point. You're probably looking at a second or third for Streit & a third or fourth for Schultz possibly at best case scenarios.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I think Streit could if he is fully recovered and puts up points. But that involves him producing on the #2 PP.

Even when HF came back after the injury, you could see he was labouring. Like Giroux, he was refusing to shoot especially with a slapshot which was him biggest weapon. Adding him and possibly Provorov to our #2 unit could spark it.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Can't wait until this kid is ready, but am also glad that they're not just plugging him into the big club at any cost. This teams D down the road, wow...

SaSaShi

Apr 16, 2015
Immglad he is developing, but i get the feeling that they are almost forcing him to eliminate his offense by drilling and emphasizing to simplify his game. Yes he might not be gostisbehere but he has some tools that can translate into being a good offensive player. Im hoping they dont stunt his offensive game because they wanna peg him into a defensive minded role just because they have ghost and sanheim who are offensive minded.

Les Averman

Mar 3, 2015
Pittsburgh, PA
God I really love how cheerful he always seems. Between his personality and team-first attitude off the ice, and his demeanor on the ice, he could be a humongous fan favorite for years.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
God I really love how cheerful he always seems. Between his personality and team-first attitude off the ice, and his demeanor on the ice, he could be a humongous fan favorite for years.

Yeah....this just sums him up perfectly:

“I think I’m close,†Morin said when asked if he’s ready to play at the NHL level. “The Flyers want to be patient with me but that’s a good thing. I love being down here [in the AHL]. Great building, great fans, great coaching staff. I just polish my game, keep working hard. With the camp I had, I showed the staff that I’m pretty close. I just need to keep going, pushing hard. I know one day I’m gonna make it.â€

Compare that to Drouin's attitude.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Immglad he is developing, but i get the feeling that they are almost forcing him to eliminate his offense by drilling and emphasizing to simplify his game. Yes he might not be gostisbehere but he has some tools that can translate into being a good offensive player. Im hoping they dont stunt his offensive game because they wanna peg him into a defensive minded role just because they have ghost and sanheim who are offensive minded.

He's not an offensive player at the NHL, lacks the first "step" quickness and the ability to deke through crowds.

Morin will be like Gudas, he'll live at the point and will have to learn to maneuver to get his shot through traffic onto the goal. He'll attack occassionally, but his primary role will be to cover defensively for a more skilled and aggressive partner.

briererocks

Nov 23, 2011
I just want Morin to be a bigger heavier hitting, meaner, Gudas that can skate a bit better.

I want a Morin who keeps his head up when he shoots and does not shoot the puck as quickly as he can at the point.

I want a Morin who can carry the puck and keep his head up while doing it.

I want a Morin who has better edge work so he can deal with smaller fast players.

I could care less if he is a bigger meaner gudas.

He played well im the preseason but the bad turnover he made is symptomatic of him not keeping his head up and being aware of all the players on the ice at all times. He would make a really good play to keep the puck in the zone and just shoot it at the goalie as quickly as possible for an easy save. He displayed no patience or ability to hold the puck, keep his head up and what for a player to get open. Right now he is a limited player.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
I want a Morin who keeps his head up when he shoots and does not shoot the puck as quickly as he can at the point.

I want a Morin who can carry the puck and keep his head up while doing it.

I want a Morin who has better edge work so he can deal with smaller fast players.

I could care less if he is a bigger meaner gudas.

He played well im the preseason but the bad turnover he made is symptomatic of him not keeping his head up and being aware of all the players on the ice at all times. He would make a really good play to keep the puck in the zone and just shoot it at the goalie as quickly as possible for an easy save. He displayed no patience or ability to hold the puck, keep his head up and what for a player to get open. Right now he is a limited player.

Provorov had a bad turnover in the Boston game that led to a goal, and yet he made the team. :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad