GDT: Round 1, Game 3: Nashville Predators @ Colorado Avalanche | April 16th, 8PM MT - Home sweet home

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Everyone always said this about Avery and Cooke. There is no way I cheer for that garbage in any reality. Ellis is obviously not at that level of vitriol in my book though (and I'd never cheer for Marchand either).

One of my friends is a huge Boston Bruins fan, if/when the Avs will be facing the Bruins in a playoff game I have to make sure we don't even try to watch a game together because it could possibly end our friendship.

Reactions: katfude

rmthomson21

Sep 22, 2015
DMV
Everyone always said this about Avery and Cooke. There is no way I cheer for that garbage in any reality. Ellis is obviously not at that level of vitriol in my book though (and I'd never cheer for Marchand either).

In the same boat here. Corey Perry and Marchand are good hockey players. I still don't want them on my team.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
The Avs D and their forwards need to be a little faster / pay more attention when moving the puck forward, both in their own zone and the neutral zone. There were several times tonight where the Preds players caught them from behind and tied them up / lifted their sticks and turned the play around quickly. Noticed it quite a bit.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
You musta hated Foppa

Eh, Forsberg gets a pass since he spent the majority of his career having big, slow plugs hanging off of him and dishing out constant abuse. He would usually just fight back and when that didn't work he was forced to embellish to get the ref's attention.

I don't think I've ever seen a player take so much abuse, ever. No wonder his body eventually broke down.

BleedWell

Jan 6, 2018
Awesome person off the ice, nobody can take that away from Subban, but he doesn't play what he lives at all. His embellishing and whining is probably the worst part to me - it's what made me despise the Canucks group a few years ago - the Kesler, Burrows, Lapierre, Bieksa gang - and I'd rather not see the Preds become them 2.0. But they've reminded me of those Canucks at many points in this series.

Agreed on Rantanen, the guy looks shakier than usual on his skates and he can't handle the puck at all. Wouldn't be surprised if it comes out after that he's been battling injuries, but he's not missed any morning skates or practices as far as I know - but other Avs have been given days off from those.
Rantanen was the only player who didn't practice before the last St louis game. According to finnish news outlet he had a hand injury. Probably still has.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Just finished. Man that was fun. Chasing Rinne are you serious haha that was crazy. Mackinnon was electrifying tonight its too bad landeskog couldnt get him that puck a second sooner for the hatty. Not sure how thats not goalie interference if Fisher has his skate clank with Berniers skate whose in the the crease btw im more upset with Compher on that play than Toronto like cmon guy use the damn boards there. Not really much else to say other then the fact that Warsofsky has no business playing in the NHL. I blame him for causing that 2 on 1 to begin with at the same time Siemens had one job to do aswell. Left handed shot coming down the left side cmon bro play the odds let Bernier handle that your job is to make sure the pass doesnt get across. I didnt hate our PP tonight but damn we are going to have to start burying a few otherwise the Preds wont care about taking penalties against us. I think the Preds have started taking us a little more serious after tonight. Great win for the boys. Oh yah my man Blake Comeau was the third best forward tonight after Mackinnon and Landeskog. Promote that man.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I knew I forgot someone when thinking about Subban's past history with star players during the playoffs:

ieBYokV.png

Senators' Stone is actually really hurt | CBC Sports

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
We are in this series, up to our eyeballs. When we make it 2-2 after we next face them, The Preds will start tightening their grips on their sticks, and pressure will be mounting. As I've said many, many times, we are much better, even as injury riddled as we are, than anyone gives us credit for.

We have nothing to lose. Preds have everything to lose, because the NHL world expects them to be in the last round of these P/O's.

There will be a few eyebrows raised here, and I think The Preds will make some more adjustments. Namely:
X Focus on defending turnovers
X Avs play a very fast transition game, defend that

For that reason, they MAY play slightly more defensive, which falls into our hands.

Series is far from over. Still hoping it's Avs in 7.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Comeau and Soda had awesome games in this one. Really hard on the puck down low, and battled hard in the D zone as well. The team needed their veteran presence and they stepped up. Same with Bourque who continues to play a really heavy game. They need that from him, so it takes some burden off Landy.

What a game by Nate but what a Forsberg’esque second effort by Landy to steal the puck and hold it for that extra second so the passing lane opens up and send a little aerial to Nate in flight. Landy has been hitting Nate in stride all year with great passes like. It’s a massively underrated part of his game. They must drill the absolute hell out of that because he’s really become outstanding at it.

Bernier with a really good 3rd period. Great for him to step up and hold the fort. Made some pretty tough saves through traffic, and with multiple Preds crashing into his crease.

Z also with a somewhat quiet but strong defensive game. They need him to continue to be a physical presence, but not get caught running around. Just finish the checks available, don't go looking for them. Nemeth is battling hard too, but he's really stretching the limits of his capabilities.

Now Nashville knows they’re in a fight. They barely won those first two games, and now they just got MacKinnoned. Should be a very interesting game 4. The more the Avs can keep the pressure up and make a series of this, the more the nerves are gonna start setting in for the heavily favored Preds.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spender

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
To be honest:
I was just happy we made it into the playoffs.
All i asked for? Don´t get swept and win at least one game.

3 Games down and we give them a battle, Wow! Without Varly, EJ und Samwise. Man, I´m proud of this team. Even if we lose this series, what a season so far!

The Preds may be the better team (on paper), but so far not much is visible on the ice. What you achieved in regular season doesn´t count anymore!

And maybe, just maybe, this series will be closer than expected. So far it is not the "expected walkover" for the Preds.

Game 4 will be crucial to this series. The Pred should by now know for good that this is serious business. Could be funny if we take game 4 too. The pressure is only on the Preds. No one expected anything from the AVS.

Almost everyone thought of a sweep. Until now the only sweep will be the Ducks (in fashion! Brutal defeat in game 3).

What a time to be a fan....:D :banana:

Reactions: Cullen Bohannon

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Even with Subban gooning it up tonight, I still don't hate him even one tenth as much as I hate Watson.

And god damn the Pepsi Center was buzzing tonight. It has been too damn long since I've seen playoff hockey, nothing in the world like it.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Proud of the guys, so happy about the victory. Next game will be interesting. Avs are mostly playing very well but Nashville might answer back.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Hard to be too upset, but it should be noted the Preds dove their way to two more penalties. Fiala diving after Barrie barely touched him, and then Hartman falling to the ice and laying there like he was shot that gave Nashville the 5 on 3.

That's four total in three games with PK and Ellis snapping their head back for penalties. Five if you count Turris embellishment on Landy's trip, and six if you count Watson's dive that he got called for with Barberio's BS interference.

The whole team does it.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Man, regardless of what happens from here on out, I'm so damn proud of this team. At the beginning of the season they were the consensus worst team in hockey, and here they are playing the presidents trophy winners in a 7 game series and looking every bit the part. I remember saying to myself a few days ago that if the Avalanche could somehow pull out a win I'd be thrilled, but I think they can do much more. All the credit in the world to this team right now, I'm so impressed with the composure.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Kschey

Avs/BorussiaDortmund
Jul 4, 2010
Avs need to step it up on the PP if they want to win another game and really try to make this a tight series.

Other than that, it's been fun so far. Really exciting actually. Keep it up Avs.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Hmmm, I wonder whose idea it was signing Nemeth anyway, anybody who knows?

My guess is Bednar himself wanted him after his years in the AHL, probably watching Nemeth a number of times playing for Texas Stars.

Possibly Landeskog had a good word for him because they played together as juniors in Stockholm but Bednar himself is my main guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad