GDT: Round 1, Game 3: Nashville Predators @ Colorado Avalanche | April 16th, 8PM MT - Home sweet home

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I'm sure this works

PK has plenty of dirty plays and his constant embellishing is enough reason to boo him in my book.

That play right there wasn't that bad though. It probably should have been a penalty in this day and age because he came up high, and then grabbed him and threw him to the ground, but it was kind of like the old Foote forearm shiver.

He did almost catch him in the back of the head though, which would have been really bad. Looks like he kind of caught the back of the shoulder pads though and it rode up a little bit. Foote did that every other night :laugh:.

Garavar

Nov 27, 2016
I hate Crosby, but I dont hate:

1. McDavid
2. Toews
3. Kicherov
4. Malkin
5. Giroux
6. Ovechkin
7. Kessel
8. Stamkos
9. Tavares
10. Laine

All are top players, great Avs killers, its not jealousy, its personality. Crosby is a turd. Maybe he "matured" but that makes him a polished turd.

I worked in Hockey Operation for Florida Panthers from 2007 to 2014. Crosby is the ONLY player that we would have to open the Zamboni doors for so he could exist across the ice surface to the buses and not sign autographs. He also would not say thank you, or acknowledge the fact that we were just to honor his request.

Thats a turd move.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Warsofsky is still 10x better than most of the clowns we've iced the past few years.

Hmmm, I'm not sure about that. He makes A LOT of mistakes defensively, and is really only good for the rare scoring chance offensively.

I think he's a clear downgrade from guys like Holden, Hejda, and Redmond. I'd take Wiercioch over him as well. Hard to compare him to Guenin as they're completely different players, but they're probably about even IMO. I'm not entirely sure he's better than Gormley. I'd probably take him over Eliott though.

Difference being Warsofsky's not exposed as much as those other guys getting 10-12 minutes most nights, or 6:30 like he did when they finally beat the Preds.

Those other guys were playing way too high in the depth chart because the D was so bad back then. Hejda and Holden were averaging 20-22 minutes a nights and Redmond, Guenin, and Wiercioch were averaging around 17 minutes a night.

Can you imagine if Warsofsky was playing 20 minutes a night in the NHL?

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI

1. McDavid
2. Toews
3. Kicherov
4. Malkin
5. Giroux
6. Ovechkin
7. Kessel
8. Stamkos
9. Tavares
10. Laine

All are top players, great Avs killers, its not jealousy, its personality. Crosby is a turd. Maybe he "matured" but that makes him a polished turd.

I worked in Hockey Operation for Florida Panthers from 2007 to 2014. Crosby is the ONLY player that we would have to open the Zamboni doors for so he could exist across the ice surface to the buses and not sign autographs. He also would not say thank you, or acknowledge the fact that we were just to honor his request.

Thats a turd move.

What a monster. Time to take him out back and Old Yeller him.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
As much as i want to but it don't see us winning tonight with this D core. Borderline impossible.

Does this moron knows this hockey game or what?

tenor.gif

But then again i'm pretty happy that i was wrong.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

1. McDavid
2. Toews
3. Kicherov
4. Malkin
5. Giroux
6. Ovechkin
7. Kessel
8. Stamkos
9. Tavares
10. Laine

Thats a turd move.
Well, your story goes against the countless stories of Crosby being one of the nicest people off the ice in hockey, so I'll take this with an extreme grain of salt.

Reactions: Balthazar

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

Garavar

Nov 27, 2016
Well, your story goes against the countless stories of Crosby being one of the nicest people off the ice in hockey, so I'll take this with an extreme grain of salt.

Nice in front of people. Bypassing doesnt get you a bad rep since no one knows you did it. They will all just assumed they missed him or he went elsewhere for something.

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
He is like Don Johnson's character in Tin Cup. Bet thats a reference no one knows...

It means he puts on a front for the viewing public, but is a prick when the cameras aren’t around.

I don’t know whether he’s actually like that. He seems like a great guy off the ice, does a lot of good things for fans, especially visiting kids fighting various ailments.

I think he’s a great player, but that doesn’t mean I can’t dislike him as a player. I don’t care for some of his on ice antics, and he plays for Pittsburgh, who I hate. Therefore, I’m not a fan of Crosby the player, yet I acknowledge he’s not a terrible human being. Probably be a fun dude to have a few drinks with while listening to him talk shop.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
All I want is Zadorov vs. Subban in a fair match-up, somewhere. Pernell-Karl would be thrown about like an empty tracksuit.

Reactions: Murzu

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
All I want is Zadorov vs. Subban in a fair match-up, somewhere. Pernell-Karl would be thrown about like an empty tracksuit.

I'd prefer Subban to get Scheifele'd by Z. :naughty:

As for the whole Crosby thing, any negative rumours I usually take with a big grain of salt. Being from NS I've heard quite a few stories of people running into him and 99% of them were all what a good guy he is. And the other 1% is just people saying he's a p****, cry baby Sid, etc.

But at the same time that's anecdotal, so.

member 116861

Hmmm, I'm not sure about that. He makes A LOT of mistakes defensively, and is really only good for the rare scoring chance offensively.

I think he's a clear downgrade from guys like Holden, Hejda, and Redmond. I'd take Wiercioch over him as well. Hard to compare him to Guenin as they're completely different players, but they're probably about even IMO. I'm not entirely sure he's better than Gormley. I'd probably take him over Eliott though.

Difference being Warsofsky's not exposed as much as those other guys getting 10-12 minutes most nights, or 6:30 like he did when they finally beat the Preds.

Those other guys were playing way too high in the depth chart because the D was so bad back then. Hejda and Holden were averaging 20-22 minutes a nights and Redmond, Guenin, and Wiercioch were averaging around 17 minutes a night.

Can you imagine if Warsofsky was playing 20 minutes a night in the NHL?

You're right about Holden, he is better than Warsofsky but Holden has his moments where he is worse. I would take Warsofsky over Redmond and Wiercioch. I don't think it's fair to include Hejda in this discussion, he is way better than all of these guys, he was a solid defender for us for a while.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Is that referencing the MacKinnon punch? Dumb comment by Subban. Now if he actually injures someone, that quote will look really bad. If he actually said that.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
You're right about Holden, he is better than Warsofsky but Holden has his moments where he is worse. I would take Warsofsky over Redmond and Wiercioch. I don't think it's fair to include Hejda in this discussion, he is way better than all of these guys, he was a solid defender for us for a while.

Warsofsky's played less than 20 games for the Avs too. If this is his peak ability, which is likely since he's 27, then the comparison would probably be worse for him if he played a full season or two for the Avs like those other guys. All those guys had 10 or so games where they played at a higher level than he's displayed. That was the basis for my reasoning.

Reactions: BrickAHL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad