WJC: Roster Talk '13 — Canada 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
How can you cut Drouin and MacKinnon with their respective seasons so far, and their play in camp?

Can't wait to see the cuts.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
I haven't been able to any of the games so far, how's Camara looked? I really didn't expect him to get a spot on the team, but most of the projections in this thread have him listed.

The amount Camara has improved, not only since last season, but since the beginning of this season is just remarkable. It seems like every game he just keeps improving. Bruins are lucky to have this guy.

It's been his best game. Scored the first goal off of a nice play by Lipon and has had a few nice hits.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Which pass are you speaking of? They shoot different ways. I was wondering who made the one that set up McNeill to get robbed, I believe that was Shinkaruk.

The one to McNeill. Impossible to read the numbers. That was a sick pass.

Subban not getting any favors here. CIS with a 5-on-3 now and he's cold.

griffpf

Dec 27, 2006
Thanks for that. Lol @ 18 posts in 6 years. I feel flattered that you used one of your three annual posts to answer my question.

sorry i don't spend my life on here just thought i should clear something up haha.. and no problem

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Great stick and positioning for Wotherspoon on the 5 on 3 that leads to a breakaway for Dumba.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Can this broadcast team be on HNIC?

These guys actually know who the players are and talk about the game.

Shaun Bisson

Dec 3, 2012
Sarnia
Yeah it's gotten kind of annoying the announcer's man crush. I think Ritchie can be a top six winger with Strome but he's not a perfect hockey player. Really good when he wants to be, fortunately he should want to be at the World Juniors.

The chemistry that Ritchie and Strome would have would be hard to deny, but I think the flaws in Ritchie's game would be exposed on the second line. You're right though, when he shows up he is a solid 2nd liner on this group. Although I will say this, the prospect of having the physicality of him and Jenner on the 3rd line together really excites me.

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
I'm already in the process of securing the appropriate gif to show my displeasure when Tom Wilson is kept and one or both of them is sent home.

That's makes two of us :) I've narrowed it down as I've used some in the past... I hope I chose the best one.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I'm already in the process of securing the appropriate gif to show my displeasure when Tom Wilson is kept and one or both of them is sent home.

In past years HC has made the stupid decision and gone this route, but I'm hoping a couple years of failure is enough to influence HC into taking the best players. It would be criminal if someone like Tom Wilson made the team and MacKinnon and/or Drouin were sent back.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
That was probably the last straw for Dumba. Give him credit for going down in a blaze of glory by going for the gigantic open-ice hit (and missing)

old time hockey4

Feb 26, 2009
Calgary
Can this broadcast team be on HNIC?

These guys actually know who the players are and talk about the game.

If only Loubardias had a better voice... He's an encyclopedia of hockey knowledge, especially with the juniors. It's always good to hear him on the FAN 960, anything he says you can trust it's good info.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
ok? I don't get this from Loubardias, 10 minutes ago he said Binnington made one of the best if not the best save of camp and then says Binnington was good even though he didn't make any scintillating saves

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Dumba is really hurting his chances. Even an average game and there was a good chance he beats out Corrado, but he's not having a good game. I've only noticed 2 defensemen this game, one for being good, the other for being bad, and the one that's bad is Dumba. He's fumbling with the puck, he's missing hits. I don't know what's wrong.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
In past years HC has made the stupid decision and gone this route, but I'm hoping a couple years of failure is enough to influence HC into taking the best players. It would be criminal if someone like Tom Wilson made the team and MacKinnon and/or Drouin were sent back.

I hope this isn't the case, but I fear it might be. It reminds me of the 2006 Olympic Team for Canada, when they loaded up with veterans and aging players over the young, hungry players who would have made great additions to the team.

Sometimes, having those young and hungry guys can be a huge asset. If Drouin and MacKinnon are forcing the issue, I'd like to see them make the squad ahead of guys who may be older and can fill a niche role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad