WJC: Roster Talk '13 — Canada 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver
Did they change up the d-pairings? Noticed Dumba was out there with Reinhart a few times now and Corrado's out with Wotherspoon now.

Taelin

Resident Hipster
Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
Talent, it's why Subban is a lock to make the team as the number one goalie despite having the worst camp.

Yes, but Dumba's not really suited for the big ice; he's too slow when pivoting and skating backwards. At least with Subban, we know he's used to reading angles from Olympic-sized ice.

Shaun Bisson

Dec 3, 2012
Sarnia
I don't know if the announcers realize that there is a guy sitting in the stands named Boone Jenner who can do what Brett Ritchie can do, only better. Ritchie is good yes, but he is benefitting greatly from playing with Strome in Niagara. Ritchie looks good against CIS players and OHLers. I have a hard time seeing him being extremely effective against the top players on Finland, Sweden, USA, and Russia. 4th line option, but I don't like the way the commentators are slobbering all over him.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
Is Reinhart a lock for the team? I know he's big, but he hasn't really done much IMO.

I thought he's had a very good camp after he's left me underwhelmed earlier this year. I think he's pretty much a lock at this point.

Tom Wilson's chances are shrinking, Lipon and Camara just look like better fourth line physical winger options right now.

SH15

May 11, 2012
Toronto, ON
Huge save by Binnington, face to face with Hudon all alone in the slot. Time running out for him to make his case as the halfway point of the game approaches. Big save!

And as I post that makes another HUGE save. Just what Binnington needs to help his cause!

I wonder if this complete domination by Canada is bad for Broissoit, who is just sitting back there doing nothing while his team dominates.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
I don't know if the announcers realize that there is a guy sitting in the stands named Boone Jenner who can do what Brett Ritchie can do, only better. Ritchie is good yes, but he is benefitting greatly from playing with Strome in Niagara. Ritchie looks good against CIS players and OHLers. I have a hard time seeing him being extremely effective against the top players on Finland, Sweden, USA, and Russia. 4th line option, but I don't like the way the commentators are slobbering all over him.

Yeah it's gotten kind of annoying the announcer's man crush. I think Ritchie can be a top six winger with Strome but he's not a perfect hockey player. Really good when he wants to be, fortunately he should want to be at the World Juniors.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Still hoping to see Jonathan Drouin make the team, even as a 13th forward. His offensive skill will come in handy on the larger ice surface.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Dumba is either really on or really off, there's no in between with him.

Reinhart is reliable, big and plays in both ends of the ice, he's a lock.

Anyone got a link for a stream or something?

fasthockey.com... takes a min to sign up but it's free

alcanalz

whys and wherefores
Nov 3, 2009
Goaltending change.

It's criminal if Mackinnon doesn't make the team, it's almost as absurd if Drouin doesn't either. But Mackinnon's got to be on there.

That

Aug 25, 2012
Toronto
I haven't been able to any of the games so far, how's Camara looked? I really didn't expect him to get a spot on the team, but most of the projections in this thread have him listed.

The amount Camara has improved, not only since last season, but since the beginning of this season is just remarkable. It seems like every game he just keeps improving. Bruins are lucky to have this guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad