WJC: Roster Talk '13 — Canada 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
If only Loubardias had a better voice... He's an encyclopedia of hockey knowledge, especially with the juniors. It's always good to hear him on the FAN 960, anything he says you can trust it's good info.

I don't know him that well but he really knows his stuff. This pbp guy even knows the scouting reports on the CIS guys.

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Lol at everyone feeling bad for Dumba.

Its not the end of the world for this guy. Like half the players who ever play for Team Canada, he'll have to wait for his 19 year old year.

He's going to get another crack.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Dumba is really hurting his chances. Even an average game and there was a good chance he beats out Corrado, but he's not having a good game. I've only noticed 2 defensemen this game, one for being good, the other for being bad, and the one that's bad is Dumba. He's fumbling with the puck, he's missing hits. I don't know what's wrong.

What's wrong? He's cracking under the pressure (aka Frankie Corrado). :handclap: :nod:

SH15

May 11, 2012
Toronto, ON
Dumba is done. Puck rolls off his stick on a breakaway out of the box (nice pressure by backcheck)...huge miss trying to step up on a big hit in neutral zone, looks silly.

Sorry kid, maybe next year.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
If only Loubardias had a better voice... He's an encyclopedia of hockey knowledge, especially with the juniors. It's always good to hear him on the FAN 960, anything he says you can trust it's good info.

Loubardias is a pro at the junior level, you can tell he really digs it. The voice is a little annoying for sure though.

Hank4Hart

Apr 10, 2007
Shut up, he had a bad shootout. That's all I've been saying. He did, theres no other way around it. He played bad in the shootout. FACT!!

Firstly, you can't just say "Kane missed the net so Price didn't make a save on that shot".... or "Mueller shot it in the pads so it was an easy save"...... Kane missed the net and Mueller had to shoot it in the pads BECAUSE of Price's positioning. So you have to give as much credit for that as you do to the shooters when they score a pretty goal.

Secondly, in the shootout a goalie's typical save percentage is maybe 7 out of 10 shots. But that doesn't account for the fact that

1. you have the best players in your age group all stacked onto a couple teams so you are basically facing all star shooters the entire time.
2. in the IIHF you are allowed to send your best shooter out time and time again.

Its like this, imagine if you are a goalie in the NHL and you are facing Toews, Datsyuk, and J. Jokinen in the shootout, and then after the first 3 shooters you are facing Datsyuk, Datsyuk, and Datsyuk again. Can you use the same standard to a goalie's performance compared to a regular shootout in this case? NO! The quality of the shooters are much better so as a result the goalie's statistic will obviously suffer! Thats why a goalie's play is all relative! You can't just say oh he only stopped 3 of 7 so he played poorly! Because what is to say the other goalies in the competition would have done better???? Clearly Frazee couldn't have.

Like I said, your play as a goalie is only relative to the guy 200 feet away from you. As long as you let in less goals than your counterpart, then you have done your job.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
The whole line of Camara-McNeil-Lipon has been outstanding today. I think they have played every shift in the offensive zone.

SH15

May 11, 2012
Toronto, ON
Gotta say I expected more from Nathan MacKinnon through 40 minutes. One rush down the left side in the 1st, other than that hasn't really done much. Enough to get him cut? Probably not, but hope he steps it up in the 3rd.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
That's Sam Cosentino who does baseball and sometimes junior hockey. I've never seen Loubardias doing baseball.

Not Sam Cosentino, but he's on too. Loubardias quit or got fired from Sportsnet I think last year, but when he was on they had him on I saw him on the Jays games or talking about baseball on FAN590.

Aww good for him

You probably want to hear that he turned the puck over/got deeked around/scored on his own net.

You'll probably be disappointed.

CrosKinnon

May 24, 2012
Cole Harbour
Gotta say I expected more from Nathan MacKinnon through 40 minutes. One rush down the left side in the 1st, other than that hasn't really done much. Enough to get him cut? Probably not, but hope he steps it up in the 3rd.

Did you not see him give Hudon a gift in the slot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->