WC: Roster Talk '11 – Sweden

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
The Swedish Hockey Federation has released the roster for Czech Hockey Games:

http://www.swehockey.se/ImageVault/Images/id_13534/scope_0/ImageVaultHandler.aspx

The NHL players and Tim Erixon, David Rundblad, Dick Axelsson, Jimmie Ericsson, Mathias Sjögren, and Rickard Wallin joins the team. Loui Eriksson will join the team on Friday, thus missing the game against Russia on Thursday. When KHL finals are done, they will get decisions from Erik Erbserg and Robert Nilsson.

Lineup..

Loui - Berglund - MPS
Tedenby - Backlund - Axelsson
Andersson - Wandell - Nilsson
Thörnberg - Sjögren - Silverberg (Checking-line)
Wallin - Persson - Ericsson

Grossman - Rundblad
Ekholm - Gunnarsson
Petrasek - Kronwall
Erixon

Last edited:

leksig

Sep 22, 2008
Sweden
I guees right now our last hops för NHLers is on Hjalmarsson(Stålberg likley not), we wait for the final answer för Erik Karlsson and maybe Hörnqvist if Anaheim turns around and if Omark is out of the PO i AHL soon. Yeha and not forget about Lundqvist, I belive he would come!

So the roster is pretty mush settled. This will maybe be one of the most exiting WC for a long time to watch with all this young player, cant barely wait for this to start :)

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I guees right now our last hops för NHLers is on Hjalmarsson(Stålberg likley not), we wait for the final answer för Erik Karlsson and maybe Hörnqvist if Anaheim turns around and if Omark is out of the PO i AHL soon. Yeha and not forget about Lundqvist, I belive he would come!

So the roster is pretty mush settled. This will maybe be one of the most exiting WC for a long time to watch with all this young player, cant barely wait for this to start :)

I'm even pumped about the EHT-tournament lol. You forgot Hedman, btw.

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden

Why not Stålberg? He is among the better on Chicago this play off, with good passing and tremendous speed. I am sure he would be a better alternative to wing on the bottom 6 (Thörnberg or Andersson would be dropped then).

leksig

Sep 22, 2008
Sweden
I woud love to see Stålberg, but have a feeling that Mårts dont want him.

If I remember right Mårts said that just because a player plays in NHL he will not automatically get a place in the team, I'm afraid Stålberg maybe is in that category, but as I said, I hope not.

BUCKLE UP

MVPTP
Nov 30, 2009
Ottawa

I don't think Karlsson will be going, as he is still nursing his injury.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Seeing the players Mårts has dismissed from the NHL already, I think it's safe to say Stalberg falls under that category. I think he's a very fringe NHL player to be honest and doubt he'll last long in Chicago. It's entirely possible that he would excel on the big ice in a tournament like this, but then again so did Andersson last year and Thörnberg has certainly deserved as spot this season, plus he's a needed shooter.

EllsFan30

Mar 21, 2011
I hope Karlsson does goes, he's definitely a fun player to watch

he said in the Ottawa Citizen that it would be last minute decision though, and only if he is 100 percent healthy

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
Backlund sucks, why is he at the WC..?

We'll see how the Capitals Rangers series pans out. We are many who hopes to get Lundqvist of course, but if Rangers win we might have a contending centre incoming kicking Backlund back to where he belongs. :naughty:

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
what do you guys think, are teams (SWE, FIN, RUS) going back home after EHT tournament in the czech rep? or they will stay here or move straight to slovakia?

superhakan

Gaudreauby Baker
Dec 2, 2008
Backlund was also damn good for the flames down the stretch. I'd expect him to have a great tourney.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Can anyone give me a brief overview of how Silfverberg has been playing?

cheerupmurray

May 26, 2010
Stockholm
Is Weinhandl going to constantly get the cold hand from Tre Kronor now that BÃ…G is out of the picture?

I was under the impression that Weinhandl declined because of some injury problems that could threaten his career. Maybe I am missinformed, after all he played in the KHL-playoffs.

cheerupmurray

May 26, 2010
Stockholm
But wasnt Backlund the guy who was hyped a lot by swedes?

Yes he was and he was expected to make a quicker impact in NHL, but the ones that hyped him the most was probably Calgary fans. For them Backlund is one of their best hopes for the future since their prospect pool haven't been that great. I hope Backlund can continue to build on his nice game at the end of the season.

When I have watched him, I think he plays pretty good both ways, but can't really seem to get his production going. He also didn't receive a high amount of icetime, since there is a couple of veteran centers ahead of him in status on the team.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Yes he was and he was expected to make a quicker impact in NHL, but the ones that hyped him the most was probably Calgary fans. For them Backlund is one of their best hopes for the future since their prospect pool haven't been that great. I hope Backlund can continue to build on his nice game at the end of the season.

When I have watched him, I think he plays pretty good both ways, but can't really seem to get his production going. He also didn't receive a high amount of icetime, since there is a couple of veteran centers ahead of him in status on the team.

He has had very little opportunity to produce offense, but has already established himself as a two-way center.

When given the opportunity at the end of the year, Backlund finished with 9 points in his last 14 games.

Ice time is not handed out to young players in the flames organization like it is elsewhere, so hopefully under a new regime that will change.

Confidence is everything for a young player and it surely must be tough to come by playing 4th line minutes for 3/4th's of the year.

Backlund was the furthest thing from a disappointment this year in Calgary.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad