Niclas Grossman - David Rundblad

Carl Gunnarsson - Erik Karlsson

Mattias Ekholm - David Petrasek

Last edited:

Systemfel

<b><i>Hockey Talk by Country</b></i>
Jun 20, 2004
Gothenburg
What are the chances Larsson makes the team? As an avs fan I would love to watch him play.
If Grossman and Karlsson join, he should compete for the 7th or 8th spot on defense. Other vying for those spots will be Staffan Kronwall, Jonas Frögren and Daniel Fernholm.

Last edited:

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
Grossman was nursing a sprained knee for the past couple weeks, I really doubt he'll go.

Pentothal

Listen with one ear
Dec 30, 2008
It's not even close
We have never had WC calibre players in the AHL before. And we never scouted the league either for that matter, mostly because there were a handful players there, tops.

I've never seen as many news from the AHL in Swedish media as this season.

True enough I guess, although Omark played a whole lot in the NHL this year.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Yeah, great news. Expressen also reporting in their article about Loui that Wandell is available to come if they want him, and that Karlsson will be a later decision(injury recovery).

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
that's nice of them, however with the competition this year, wandell and grossman is borderline WC material.

Grossman is needed, otherwise, we don't have big physical defensive defensemen. As for Wandell, at SEL level he's a good scorer, and a good energy player at NHL level.

Franck

eltiT resU motsuC
Jan 5, 2010
Gothenburg
If Grossman and Karlsson join, he should compete for the 7th or 8th spot on defense. Other vying for those spots will be Staffan Kronwall, Jonas Frögren and Staffan Kronwall.

Is Staffan Kronwall so good that you had to mention him twice? :dunno:

Last edited:

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
that's nice of them, however with the competition this year, wandell and grossman is borderline WC material.

Wandell is perfect for this team centering the 3rd or 4th line. Grossman is perfect for the bottom pair. I think they could be additions to this team pretty much any given year.

cheerupmurray

May 26, 2010
Stockholm
Wandell is another of those decent center options, we got a few that all looks pretty equal to me. I wouldn't mind if he got a spot. Grossman would be great addition, a nice shutdown-d coming from a good season (despite his injuries) is exactly what this team needs. He is a pretty underrated player.

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
I am hoping for some players after the first SC play off round. Lundquist would be the biggest piece, he can steal games for the Rangers and that ability would be needed for Tre Kronor to get somewhere in this tournament. Hjalmarsson could do some good here too, the D isn't that impressive as it is now (yes I do not think Chi makes it out of the first round, but if so: I can take the Sedins, Samuelsson and Edler instead).

SChan*

Grossman is needed, otherwise, we don't have big physical defensive defensemen. As for Wandell, at SEL level he's a good scorer, and a good energy player at NHL level.

well I guess. The team is starting to look nice. I would actually keep silfverberg, as he is strong on the puck and a great shot.

MPS-Berglund-Eriksson
Omark/Persson-Backlund-Tedenby
Silfverberg-Wandell-Axelsson

what's the status on Robert Nilsson?

Jim Morrison

Aug 4, 2009
Respect to Eriksson. Wow.

Watch how it's done Steen, both of you had injuries and came back - but only one of you chose to represent his country. Eriksson even had a freakin' concussion.

Pentothal

Listen with one ear
Dec 30, 2008
It's not even close
Was just checking out the USA roster thread. Damn, maybe we don't have it so bad when it comes to star player rejection. Blake Wheeler is going to be their only "star" forward this year it seems.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
well I guess. The team is starting to look nice. I would actually keep silfverberg, as he is strong on the puck and a great shot.

MPS-Berglund-Eriksson
Omark/Persson-Backlund-Tedenby
Silfverberg-Wandell-Axelsson

what's the status on Robert Nilsson?

Looking good to me. Then Andersson and maybe Thörnberg. Solid enough for a 4th line. Andersson was a top6 last year if I recall so. Taking the whole season into account, Melin is probably a decent bet for one of the last spots too aswell as Lander.

Something right now would be:
Eriksson-Berglund-Paajarvi
Tedenby-Backlund-Axelsson
Thörnberg-Persson-Melin
Silfverberg-Wandell-Andersson(interchangable with 3rd line)
Lander, Nilsson, Zackrisson?

Gunnarsson-Rundblad
Ekholm-Petrasek
Grossman-Erixon
X, X.

Ersberg
Fasth

I'm sure there will be a few more NHL players though.

Last edited:

SChan*

sweden and canada are bringing very young teams. How the times have changed. 5-10 years ago, people would be upset at the lack of veteran leadership, but these days people want to see young players.

SChan*

Looking good to me. Then Andersson and maybe Thörnberg. Solid enough for a 4th line. Andersson was a top6 last year if I recall so. Taking the whole season into account, Melin is probably a decent bet for one of the last spots too aswell as Lander.

Something right now would be:
Eriksson-Berglund-Paajarvi
Tedenby-Backlund-Axelsson
Thörnberg-Persson-Melin
Silfverberg-Wandell-Andersson(interchangable with 3rd line)
Lander, Nilsson, Zackrisson?

Gunnarsson-Rundblad
Ekholm-Petrasek
Grossman-Erixon
X, X.

Ersberg
Fasth

I'm sure there will be a few more NHL players though.

rundblad should be lock. i dont care what leif boork says, he is an idiot. But without rundblad in the playoffs SAIK possibly wouldnt be in the finals.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
sweden and canada are bringing very young teams. How the times have changed. 5-10 years ago, people would be upset at the lack of veteran leadership, but these days people want to see young players.

Its about available quality. If we would have a quality veteran available (like Henrik Zetterberg) we would be all for it. As it is now most of our availble veterans are playing in europe and isnt better than many of younger players (just take a look at the SEL how many youngster that is dominating thier teams).

SChan*

Its about available quality. If we would have a quality veteran available (like Henrik Zetterberg) we would be all for it. As it is now most of our availble veterans are playing in europe and isnt better than many of younger players (just take a look at the SEL how many youngster that is dominating thier teams).

well that's also true.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Yup, I would be all for a mix if we actually had veterans available to play north-south energetic hockey. But those are pretty much not available in the SEL, and all the prominent older players in the NHL are in the playoffs. So it's natural we have a young looking roster based on that. A good young roster for that matter, which is important to point out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad