Lahti Janne, Jokerit
Lehterä Jori, Lokomotiv
Nokelainen Petteri, Jokerit
Pesonen Janne, Ak Bars Kazan
Pihlström Antti, JYP
Puustinen Juuso, HPK
Pyörälä Mika, Frölunda
Ruutu Tuomo, Carolina

No Pulkkinen :shakehead I will be surprised if Granlund doesn't fit in that lineup. Kari Lehtonen, where are you?

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
Jalonen :rant:

Pulkkinen deserved at least a place in the EHT-tournament.
Well there is a chance that Pulkkinen was so good he doesn't need to prove himself to be in the roster... yeah, but seriously Jalonen makes weird decisions even though he did some obvious good ones also this time.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Wow this is bullcrap if Jalonen really isn't going to keep Pulkkinen. But I understand Jukka, after all Pulu's style doesn't fit in to his system 'cos he can actually score some goals.

We still need one NHL -goalie IMO.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Did you people really think pulu is going to get spot in top-6? Pulu's time is going to be next year

heksagon

Jul 27, 2010
Finland
Uh Oh, Those Goalies look horrible. We really need a NHL goalie. Pleeeeease come Kari Lehtonen!

Really weird to say this, but the goalies might actually be Finland's weakness this time if nobody's coming from NHL... :cry:

heksagon

Jul 27, 2010
Finland
Since when is Vehanen horrible?

Vehanen is not horrible, he's a good goalie.

But he is the only WC caliber goalie out of those three goaltenders. Hovinen and Lassila on the other hand... :help: Hopefully they will be left out of the final roster. I would like a trio of Lehtonen, Vehanen and Tarkki (Iiro) as the goalies, that would be nice.

Pajicz

Mar 22, 2011

Question for JJ: Why do you always pick Hahl and Santala if you appreciate scorers? And why are you leaving out one of the most talented scorers Finnish hockey has ever had?

About goalies, I can't see why they are being hated so much, both Lassila and Hovinen could easily be Finland's number three behind Vehanen and hopefully Lehtonen. Those two guys belong to top 5 goalies of SM-Liiga.

Needles

Jun 29, 2010
Pulu's time is going to be next year

Not a chance. Finland will be hosting the tournament in 2012 and 2013. There is no way that Jalonen is going "take any chances" with 20-year-old rookies. Not when there's so much pressure to succeed and lots of NHL players available.

Hopefully Teemu Pulkkinen doesn't become the next Valtteri Filppula. 27 years old and not a single World Championship game :shakehead

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
I thought Jalonen had decided not to extend his contract after 2012?
I really hope thats true, because Jalonen sucks bad. We allways laugh wen he selects Tommi Santala and Timo Pärssinen, but lets be positive: Atleast hes now got rid of Aki Berg and Pekka saravo! :DD

illone84

Sep 15, 2005
London
I really hope thats true, because Jalonen sucks bad. We allways laugh wen he selects Tommi Santala and Timo Pärssinen, but lets be positive: Atleast hes now got rid of Aki Berg and Pekka saravo! :DD

OH MAN!!!!

BERG AND SARAVO :help:

Saravo was the worst ever!

ThinMcWhistle

Mar 26, 2005
Northern hemisphere

This is the downfall of J.J. He makes so called "safe" player selections that end up costing him any real chance at winning gold. Why not take on more talented younger players? Either he doesn't like to gamble, or then it's some BS loyalty sauna buddy thing.

Either way, he lost control of the team in Vancouver, and not to mention made a huge blunder by omitting Jussi Jokinen from the roster.

I'll be glad to see him go, but if he wins a gold for us at the WC all will be forgiven! :D

MMANumminen

May 7, 2010
Political prisoner
I'd take Pulu over Puustinen, Joensuu, Pyörälä or Nokelainen.
He's on same level with Pesonen and Lahti imo.

And where is Perttu Lindgren? Is he injured or what?

From HIFK I'd take Peltonen as a captain and Granlund, they play well together and Maybe Petrell, he's on par with Komarov to a 4th line grinder.

How about Varakas? I haven't seen so many Blues games this season but I could take him just because of the epic hit against Liivik. It's here if someone haven't seen it yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad