WC: Roster Talk '11 – Finland

urho

Sep 12, 2008
Oulu
J. Jokinen isn't coming and same goes for Pitkänen. They both are without NHL-contracts and Pitkänen even got some kind of head injury in the ending minutes of the last game.

Pulkkinen is a beast. Boy that shot in his second goal... :nod:

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
J. Jokinen isn't coming and same goes for Pitkänen. They both are without NHL-contracts and Pitkänen even got some kind of head injury in the ending minutes of the last game.

Pulkkinen is a beast. Boy that shot in his second goal... :nod:

Pitkänen was born with a head injury.

illone84

Sep 15, 2005
London
In the worst case he could be added as an extra forward to the roster, play him in the opening round robin games, if he sucks, bench him.

Regardless I don't think it would be too much of a gamble adding him to the final roster.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Whatever. He's still the 2nd/3rd best Finnish d-man.

I definately agree with that. He is still a really good player. But if he had an easier time adjusting to high-pressure situations (be it on the ice or off it), he would be one of the 5 best defensemen in the world.

illone84

Sep 15, 2005
London
I definately agree with that. He is still a really good player. But if he had an easier time adjusting to high-pressure situations (be it on the ice or off it), he would be one of the 5 best defensemen in the world.

Not really, he lacks defensive abilities. Half the time he gives up on the play, have you seen any canes games?

I agree that he is highly skilled (offensively) but otherwise he is not the most responsible d-man out there.

Muuri

Nov 14, 2009
Not too many quality finnish coaches out there ready to take Jalonen's spot. I would rather hold on to him for few more years and then ask Suikkanen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad