WC: Roster Talk '11 – Finland

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
Yeah aaltonen is more like a poor mans afinogenov.

Aaltonen is like a waste of space on this team. He's there to give orgasms to people who don't follow hockey outside the World Championships and even failing at that. Only managed to do that in the Denmark game.

He's a ****ing floater. Even Afinogenov has more effort in his game. They are just as soft, though.

Brun0

Jul 24, 2009
i like aaltonen, he can hold on the puck and has won many battles and a very strong skater, just a little scoring effiency problem but imagine if scores the gamiwinning goal, none of u will say anything.

MMANumminen

May 7, 2010
Political prisoner
IMO Juhamatti Aaltonen is exceptionally good hockey player. If good day he absolutely dominates. This tournament not so much. Maybe north american hockey would make him complete?

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
IMO Juhamatti Aaltonen is exceptionally good hockey player. If good day he absolutely dominates. This tournament not so much. Maybe north american hockey would make him complete?

A year in the A or the N would likely get him hitting more and shooting more. It could only be good for him.

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
If he learned to shoot more, and be more accurate, he'd certainly have a future in the NHL. More skilled version of Tomi Kallio, but shooting (or scoring instinct, knowing when to shoot) is seriously lacking. Most Finnish players suffer from this condition, they work harder than anyone and create more chances, but theres only a 41 year old grandpa who knows how to put the puck in the net constantly and effectively. Pulkkinen might fix this problem in the long run, and if Eero Elo ever becomes fast enough to play on high level (his shooting/scoring ability is great) he might be able to help. But that's a long stretch of imagination.

ZemgsG

Feb 26, 2009
I don't know what do you guys think about Janne Pesonen? I think almost every other player would do better on that "third" line than him :P

ZemgsG

Feb 26, 2009
He works well with Immonen and Granlund IMO. He was really good against the russians the first time around IMO.

Okay he may have some defensive role on the line but hey guy lacks size big time and let's face it he has one good pass to goal and goal made with his helmet pretty much on whole tournament. Made me sad to watch him on front of the net against Russia D. IMO there should be some bigger guy on the wing with those two (or you can just say Jesse Joensuu)

Make

Apr 15, 2004
Finland
I have a feeling Pesonen will play his best game today. I like his occasional rage-mode, as long as he doesn't take bad penalties. At his best he's a great energy guy with decent hands and scoring touch.

I would have liked to see Joensuu play but can't really complain about that now.:)

ZemgsG

Feb 26, 2009
I have a feeling Pesonen will play his best game today. I like his occasional rage-mode, as long as he doesn't take bad penalties. At his best he's a great energy guy with decent hands and scoring touch.

I would have liked to see Joensuu play but can't really complain about that now.:)

Let's hope he will :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->