Roster Speculation Pt. VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
If Botterill trades Ristolainen to Tampa, hoping the return is something like Miller, Foote, and Katchouk. Will take Callahan too as a dump.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
If Botterill trades Ristolainen to Tampa, hoping the return is something like Miller, Foote, and Katchouk. Will take Callahan too as a dump.
Would you be interested in trading out 1st at the draft (7th for arguments sake) for a potential Cap casualty such as Nic Ehlers or Bill Karlsson? Helps us make the playoffs next year. Or does this just complicate the expansion draft more.

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
Would you be interested in trading out 1st at the draft (7th for arguments sake) for a potential Cap casualty such as Nic Ehlers or Bill Karlsson? Helps us make the playoffs next year. Or does this just complicate the expansion draft more.
Vegas Karlsson? Hell I’d think about it considering the position he plays.

Reactions: Mitts888

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
What do people think about Brett Connolly? Depends on his asking price but looks to have found his game. Washington could keep him tho obviously

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel

No interest in trading out of the top 10. Just make the pick. Top 10 in this draft are all difference makers.

Reactions: Mitts888

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
At this point I am thinking long and hard about drafting Spencer Knight with our 2nd 1st. We need a true franchise goalie. UPL is not a surefire prospect. Hutton is gone after 2 more seasons and Ullmark is looking more and more like a platoon starter/high end #2.

If we go forward with our top 10 pick, and with Dahlin, Montour, Pilut and Risto in place and Samuelsson looking like a future top 4 D I think we have the luxury of drafting a goalie in round 1. I would rather take a chance on a potential franchise goalie then a late round forward who will likely be a 40-50 point Tyler Ennis level production.

Eichel, Skinner, Reinhart, Mitts, Sheary, Nylander, Olofsson, Thompson, and the top 10 pick are good enough for the top 9. Dahlin, Risto, Montour, Pilut and Samuelsson on the back end is fine. A good coach and a goalie we can depend on playing 65 games a season and put up a .915+ svp is what is important to this team. Like does anyone honestly would say they would swap our roster for NYI or Montreal? A great coach makes a huge difference.

Go forward top 10, Knight with our extra 1st, extend Skinner, sign or trade for a top 6/9 center in the off season and most importantly bring in a new coach and it would be a successful off season.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

I’d more likely trade a teen pick like St. Louis for ehlers. Or do Risto for ehlers

I have concerns with Karlsson and his value. I don’t rate him as high as Rhlers. I’d trade the late 1st >19 OA for him signed.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I’m not happy about our leading players lacklustre play to end the season but inept coaching, terrible teammates and losing year after year is a terrible foundation for team culture.
I think the only cure is better player development and talent.

A good coach will help turns this around with motivation and putting our players in a better position to succeed.

Really wish they would have fired Housley and started over with fundamentals+intense practice to get ready for next season.

We are going nowhere without more talent though.

With a signed Skinner and a new coach I don’t think this team is that far off

Sheary-Eichel-Nylander
Skinner-Reinhart-xxx
Smith-Mitts-olofsson
Xxx-larsson-Xxx

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara

Sheary-Eichel-Nylander
Skinner-Reinhart-xxx
Smith-Mitts-olofsson
Xxx-larsson-Xxx
It’s not at all. Really really need some consistent goaltending but I hope that comes with the new coach/structure.

Goathead

Jan 28, 2015
Niagara Falls, ON

Sheary-Eichel-Nylander
Skinner-Reinhart-xxx
Smith-Mitts-olofsson
Xxx-larsson-Xxx

That isn’t much different than what we are icing now and that’s trash. We’d need career years from all those players to even get close to a wild card spot. That coach better be some kind of legendary to make that happen.

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017
Skinner - Eichel - Olofsson
Mittelstadt - Reinhart - Nylander

Soft but talented, good shooting ability too

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
That isn’t much different than what we are icing now and that’s trash. We’d need career years from all those players to even get close to a wild card spot. That coach better be some kind of legendary to make that happen.
Way better coach and some consistent goaltending along with Dahlin, Mitts and Nylander having big summers equals a turn around real quick. Anything can happen year to year.

Goathead

Jan 28, 2015
Niagara Falls, ON
Way better coach and some consistent goaltending along with Dahlin, Mitts and Nylander having big summers equals a turn around real quick. Anything can happen year to year.

Still too many “ifs” for my liking. The same “ifs” we’ve had going into the past couple seasons and each season has been a disaster.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
If only there was an example of a team that had a player like Skinner, and then got rid of him and found away to score more goals and get better.

Sorry to be a bit sarcastic. I would like Skinner back too. But you can't just pay everyone $1-$1.5 mil more than they are worth.

This team needs to do things right for once. That means not overpaying a UFA. Spend the next year sorting out who our young guys are who are worthy of big contracts and sign them to value deals. You won't hit on each one, but good organizations do this.

$8.5 + for Skinner? I like Skinner a lot, but honestly his overall performance this year isn't even worth that and he is having a career year. We may well regret such a contract before Christmas 2019.
The Isles are better /wo Tavares and he is far better than Skinner...
But they have a coach

Reactions: joshjull

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
The Isles are better /wo Tavares and he is far better than Skinner...
But they have a coach
far better?
5c058dab2c.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad