Speculation: Roster Speculation Part VI: The Trade Deadline Approaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017
Sounds like Virtanen, Burakovsky, and Nichuskin are available. Cmon Botts.

Skinner - Eichel - Burakovsky
Sheary - Mitts - Reinhart

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
I'd investigate snagging Adam Erne out of Tampa. He's due for a raise, and I don't think they got the money for it.

Reactions: Yatzhee

Man of Principles

The Krueger Effect
Nov 30, 2011
It's hard to tell if Botterill wants to make a big move soon or not. I'd be all for trading one of the 1sts for a player like Athanasiou, Schenn, Stone, Toffoli etc. I am left unimpressed by Burakovsky if the rumors are true that Washington will move him. If Botts is going to trade now it should be for an impact player he feels is part of the team going forward. Otherwise I'm fine with him signing Skinner and standing pat until the offseason.

Reactions: Reddawg

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Virtanen would be Buffalo's Tom Wilson, without the *****ebaggery.
He's 22 with a yr left on a roughly 1.5 mil deal. Being available at 22 yrs old doesn't exactly scream impact player. Just another bottom 6'er.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
I'd investigate snagging Adam Erne out of Tampa. He's due for a raise, and I don't think they got the money for it.

Once Marner and Matthews have signed, offer sheet Kapanen.
Doubt the Leafs can match $6 million and it only costs us a 1st and a 3rd.

Speed to burn.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Once Marner and Matthews have signed, offer sheet Kapanen.
Doubt the Leafs can match $6 million and it only costs us a 1st and a 3rd.

Speed to burn.

Buffalo would need to spin their 3rd back out of Carolina. Which I suspect is do-able. Erne they can OS for cheap. I'm not even sure they can match 1.3M.

Reactions: Mitts888

pf8363

Feb 17, 2015
He's 22 with a yr left on a roughly 1.5 mil deal. Being available at 22 yrs old doesn't exactly scream impact player. Just another bottom 6'er.
He's been underwhelming to this point in his career but has shown growth this year. Recent top 10 pick, worth it imo.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
Take it with a grain of salt, but Friedman thinks that Colorado is considering shopping Zadarov. I think that's a dumb idea from Colorado's standpoint, but assuming it's true - how interested would we be in bringing him back?

I don't think it's a good idea because it would cost pieces and picks that we don't want to part with. Zadarov would be a pretty great get.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Not interested in Zadorov. I think he will want to be largely overpaid in his next contract. Like 4-5 mil a year type of overpaid.
Although a nice add... he’s not actually needed. Wanted vs. needed.

Reactions: IlikeEich

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
Not interested in Zadorov. I think he will want to be largely overpaid in his next contract. Like 4-5 mil a year type of overpaid.
Although a nice add... he’s not actually needed. Wanted vs. needed.
I think that sums it up perfectly. I just like his physicality and that's something that this team still needs, but with the D we already have in place, he just isn't necessary.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Why would anybody want a player like Nichushkin?
Couldnt stick in the NHL the first time around
Not anything to write home from his KHL seasons.
Now he is back with 0 goals 7 helpers in 37gp.

Last edited:

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Sounds like Virtanen, Burakovsky, and Nichuskin are available. Cmon Botts.

Skinner - Eichel - Burakovsky
Sheary - Mitts - Reinhart

Nichushkin has looked all but terrible this season. I'd so easily pass on his salary. Virtanen would bring some grit and speed for sure. Burakovsky is an interesting idea. I'm not sure what the cost would be though.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
I think that sums it up perfectly. I just like his physicality and that's something that this team still needs, but with the D we already have in place, he just isn't necessary.
I agree. Zads probably maxes out as a #5 and I think McCabe is a better #5. Zads physicality would be nice, but that's the main dimension of his game.

Reactions: 1point21Gigawatts

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Take it with a grain of salt, but Friedman thinks that Colorado is considering shopping Zadarov. I think that's a dumb idea from Colorado's standpoint, but assuming it's true - how interested would we be in bringing him back?

I don't think it's a good idea because it would cost pieces and picks that we don't want to part with. Zadarov would be a pretty great get.
Risto does everything better except hitting and he is already questionable on the d side of things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad