Line Combos: Roster overhaul in order?

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I honestly need google translator to comprehend some of your moronic replies to me. You focus on Lucic when I'm proposing to bring in Nurse, a young guy who would be a perfect Bruin and the 10th OA pick. But you keep focusing on trying to pick my stuff apart
well that goes right in line with the ridiculous Evander Kane trade thread when he was a Sabre :rolleyes:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
There is your overhaul

Love it

Philosophy was always my best course as long as I got to do the talking

This means 4 lines

Bjork Donato JFK

BACKES!!!!

Kuraly will be there somewhere?

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
The guy apparently gets scored on more than twice as much as he scores. Not sure if that's just cause Carolina stinks or he's really terrible in his own zone. Either way, I'll pass.

Reactions: Strafer

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Dreger reiterates the point that bruins are after kovalchuk and new nugget of info that bruins are trying to find a trade partner for backes

Reactions: Blowfish

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
With Tavares seemingly re-signing with the Islanders, and the asking price for ROR probably being astronomical, it makes sense for teams that would be in on both Tavares and ROR to look at Krejci as a target.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Wow. Didn't really see this coming- an opportunity to lose both Backes and Krejci contracts might not be a bad thing so long as there is a plan in place for top 6 center.
Go with the Vegas model. Big two-way wings with centers that can keep up, push the pace, and have talent.

I never thought Karlsson and Haula would be as successful as they were last season. In my opinion, if the Bruins do end up trading both Krejci and Backes, depending on the returns, the Bruins should try and sign Kovalchuk and Rick Nash.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Wow. Didn't really see this coming- an opportunity to lose both Backes and Krejci contracts might not be a bad thing so long as there is a plan in place for top 6 center.

As much as I would like this it will take the bruins to either retain salary or give up a piece for someone to take those contracts.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
As much as I would like this it will take the bruins to either retain salary or give up a piece for someone to take those contracts.

You'd think so, but if teams are inquiring, at least about Krejci, someone may be willing to take on the salary if they have room and he agrees to waive. Backes, yeah, if the Bruins are actively looking to move him, I'd guess they'd need to retain something.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Go with the Vegas model. Big two-way wings with centers that can keep up, push the pace, and have talent.

I never thought Karlsson and Haula would be as successful as they were last season. In my opinion, if the Bruins do end up trading both Krejci and Backes, depending on the returns, the Bruins should try and sign Kovalchuk and Rick Nash.

Who plays center if we sign Nash and Kovalchuk? Re-sign Riley as a #2? Hope one of Frederic/JFK are ready? Dreger said teams were inquiring about Krejci, but you have to think the answer is "no" unless there is another deal out there being looked at for a center that we haven't heard about (I consider Tavares a LOOOOOOONG shot to sign here).

Reactions: Skelen

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Who plays center if we sign Nash and Kovalchuk? Re-sign Riley as a #2? Hope one of Frederic/JFK are ready? Dreger said teams were inquiring about Krejci, but you have to think the answer is "no" unless there is another deal out there being looked at for a center that we haven't heard about (I consider Tavares a LOOOOOOONG shot to sign here).
I think 1 of Frederic, JFK, or Donato will take one of 3, maybe 2 since Kurlay will probably have the other on lock, center positions next season. No doubt the Bruins will have to look for a stop-gap center if they move Krejci. I don't think Riley Nash would be that player, but who knows.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
If the Bruins do trade both Krejci and Backes the key for me is not retaining any salary, with Hayes, Seidenberg and Beleskey still on the payroll to some degree the Bruins cannot afford to keep paying guys to play elsewhere even if it means getting a little less return. Krejci I think there would be a pretty good market for him. Question though what could we expect in return for Backes with no $ retained? He is still a tough dude and net front presence, I would think a team looking to get to the salary floor and also leadership would be interested in Backes, I say easier to move him than for the Oilers to move Lucic.

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
If the Bruins do trade both Krejci and Backes the key for me is not retaining any salary, with Hayes, Seidenberg and Beleskey still on the payroll to some degree the Bruins cannot afford to keep paying guys to play elsewhere even if it means getting a little less return. Krejci I think there would be a pretty good market for him. Question though what could we expect in return for Backes with no $ retained? He is still a tough dude and net front presence, I would think a team looking to get to the salary floor and also leadership would be interested in Backes, I say easier to move him than for the Oilers to move Lucic.
Keep those guys! Trade Debrusk for Lucic and Klefbom.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
i don't think the bruins are entertaining the idea of dealing krejci - what dreger said is there's interest in him.
as for backes, no surprise they'd be trying to get out from under that deal. it's not urgent for this year, but
would be a huge help for 2019-20. regardless, i'd be surprised if they found a taker without bending over big time.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
i don't think the bruins are entertaining the idea of dealing krejci - what dreger said is there's interest in him.
as for backes, no surprise they'd be trying to get out from under that deal. it's not urgent for this year, but
would be a huge help for 2019-20. regardless, i'd be surprised if they found a taker without bending over big time.
I actually think Backes is kind of important for this coming season unless the Bs can bring in someone who plays a similar style as Backes. The playoffs are a real challenge for most youngsters, and Backes' physical presence is good to have in the lineup. Agree that it would be good if the Bs could somehow unload his contract after this next season.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I actually think Backes is kind of important for this coming season unless the Bs can bring in someone who plays a similar style as Backes. The playoffs are a real challenge for most youngsters, and Backes' physical presence is good to have in the lineup. Agree that it would be good if the Bs could somehow unload his contract after this next season.

i assume once they pay his $3M bonus next july, a bunch of teams will be interested. that would leave $5M in real
dollars remaining over 2 years, but the fatty cap hit of $6M would remain.

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017

The playoffs were a real challenge for Backes, so for all of his physicality and grit and gumption and intangibles...he couldn't really do much of anything on the ice.

Reactions: Blowfish

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
The playoffs were a real challenge for Backes, so for all of his physicality and grit and gumption and intangibles...he couldn't really do much of anything on the ice.
I agree that he did not have a great playoffs. I'm wondering how much of that had to do with his mobility after his leg laceration. He didn't move the same after coming back from that injury. A healthy Backes this coming season will see him perform better than last season. He had been ridiculously durable until this past season.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00