Line Combos: Roster overhaul in order?

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Probably a good idea for the Bruins to stay away from 35 year old players.
Kovalchuk will want too much money and he might be too slow for today's NHL
Find a team like Carolina that might be interested in trading for Krejci. Bring back Hanifin in a deal.
Bring along the youth movement.

Reactions: Blowfish

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Find a team like Carolina that might be interested in trading for Krejci. Bring back Hanifin in a deal.

Too bad this sentiment wasn’t present with Nash trade.

Reactions: don

goalieman40

Feb 27, 2006
New Hampshire
I've seen it said before that Kovalchuk fills a Pastrnak type of role, and watching his highlights from this past year i saw a lot of similarities in how/where they set up for their shots, especially on the PP. I think i saw a post explaining this as a bad thing, or a reason that we don't need Kovalchuk, but i see that as an awesome thing to have on two of your lines, especially where one is a little bigger and more physical. Sign me up.

Reactions: Strafer and TCB

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Outstanding idea, who is the second line center? Does this youth movement include Chara, Bergeron, Marchand, Backes and Rask or should they be traded for 19 year olds? what center in the organization is ready for the number 2 center spot on a team that should contend next year. JFK with his 32 points in the AHL? Yup let's get the world juniors team for next year.

You use youth around veterans if you want to win in the playoffs. How did Heinen do in the playoffs? Grezlyk? Young players on entry level contracts allow you to fill out your roster with veterans to make deep playoff runs. Granted you need good pro scouts for this to work but I am much more comfortable with Kovalchuk at 7 million for a year who at worst should be a 20 goal 50 point second line player with size vs Anders Bjork who we still know nothing about. If not you hopefully deal some of that youth for established players. Cap is going up I would hope the Bruins spend that money and not use it to but Jacobs another mansion.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Outstanding idea, who is the second line center? Does this youth movement include Chara, Bergeron, Marchand, Backes and Rask or should they be traded for 19 year olds? what center in the organization is ready for the number 2 center spot on a team that should contend next year. JFK with his 32 points in the AHL? Yup let's get the world juniors team for next year.

You use youth around veterans if you want to win in the playoffs. How did Heinen do in the playoffs? Grezlyk? Young players on entry level contracts allow you to fill out your roster with veterans to make deep playoff runs. Granted you need good pro scouts for this to work but I am much more comfortable with Kovalchuk at 7 million for a year who at worst should be a 20 goal 50 point second line player with size vs Anders Bjork who we still know nothing about. If not you hopefully deal some of that youth for established players. Cap is going up I would hope the Bruins spend that money and not use it to but Jacobs another mansion.

as I STATED, some of you will be disappointed, as Kovalchuk has already potentially ruled out New Jersey and or Winnipeg, the other 29 ARE BIDDING OR GUAGING their interest, BUT THE real question is Does the NHL have a say over where Kovalchuk ultimately goes based off past history and the way it ended between Kovalchuk and the Devils, ADD in what transpired over the Shipachov sidebar.... Do we honestly believe the Islanders want Kovalchuk based off who's now running that franchise?

Reactions: Strafer

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Kessel rumored to be having a falling out in Pittsburgh/ clashing with Sullivan. I think he’s at 6m per currently (Toronto eating the other 2m?). Would anyone here have any interest in trading for Phil, with say 1m retained?

1st line:
2nd line:
DeBrusk - Krejci - Kessel (at 5m)
3rd line:
Donato - Backes - Heinen

Thoughts? (Full disclosure I’ve loathed Kessel since he forced his way out of town)

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Kessel rumored to be having a falling out in Pittsburgh/ clashing with Sullivan. I think he’s at 6m per currently (Toronto eating the other 2m?). Would anyone here have any interest in trading for Phil, with say 1m retained?

1st line:
2nd line:
3rd line:
Donato - Backes - Heinen

Thoughts? (Full disclosure I’ve loathed Kessel since he forced his way out of town)

I'd be interested in Phill The Thrill, but I also know there's a 0% chance he returns to Boston haha

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
They tried that. Pasta doesn’t mesh with Krejci.

They've barely even played with each other the past two season, line combinations with them are insanely low but those lines produced 24 points in even strength situations the last two years when those two are paired together in some form.

Reactions: Mpasta

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Outside the box idea; sign John Carlson and trade Brandon Carlo.

Carlson and McAvoy give you two #1’s and each could anchor a pair in the top4.

Carlo seems to have really high value so I bet they could get a really good young player for him.

If the cap becomes an issue in a year or two you could also look at moving Krug at that point. He might become a luxury with all of the LH’d defense prospects coming down the pike.

Reactions: wintersej

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA

1st line:
2nd line:
3rd line:
Donato - Backes - Heinen

I 100% take back Phil for the right price.

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
Any chance getting John Tavares?

That would be brilliant but I'm not holding my breath unless Sweeeny can pull a rabbit out of his you know what.

Come to think about it, DS is not D Ainge

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
as I STATED, some of you will be disappointed, as Kovalchuk has already potentially ruled out New Jersey and or Winnipeg, the other 29 ARE BIDDING OR GUAGING their interest, BUT THE real question is Does the NHL have a say over where Kovalchuk ultimately goes based off past history and the way it ended between Kovalchuk and the Devils, ADD in what transpired over the Shipachov sidebar.... Do we honestly believe the Islanders want Kovalchuk based off who's now running that franchise?

All great points!

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

Carlo seems to have really high value so I bet they could get a really good young player for him.

If the cap becomes an issue in a year or two you could also look at moving Krug at that point. He might become a luxury with all of the LH’d defense prospects coming down the pike.

I would love Carlson, but after winning the cup this year I think in all likelihood he signs back with the caps unfortunately.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
This is a large trade idea so I'm prepared to take heat:

To Bos: Milan Lucic (33% retained) 4 million +10thOA +Darnell Nurse
To Edm: Torey Krug, Danton Heinen, Peter Celharik

Boston gets a partner in Nurse for McAvoy/Carlo for a long time
Lucic adds much needed toughness and size to the forward group, fingers crossed he can regroup and be a 50 point player again
We got a top 10 pick in a draft we currently dont have a 1st in.

Edm gets their PP QB in Krug
Add scoring depth on the cheap in Heinen
PC/Gretz get a big skilled winger in Celharik that they really like

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Good grief, why do some folks still want Lucic back? That ship has sailed, and thankfully so. Even with retention, Boston shouldn't touch him. Let Edmonton and Chiarelli suffer with that awful contract. Besides, the Bruins have so many left-shot wingers who are better than Lucic (Marchand, Debrusk, Donato, Heinen and Bjork).

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Any chance getting John Tavares?

That would be brilliant but I'm not holding my breath unless Sweeeny can pull a rabbit out of his you know what.

Come to think about it, DS is not D Ainge

I going to die laughing at the green dreamers when Sweeney wins a championship before the great trader Dan lol

Oh and learn how to spell the Bruins GM's name, your on the Bruins board.

Reactions: Strafer

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

I love this idea

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
This is a large trade idea so I'm prepared to take heat:

To Bos: Milan Lucic (33% retained) 4 million +10thOA +Darnell Nurse
To Edm: Torey Krug, Danton Heinen, Peter Celharik

Boston gets a partner in Nurse for McAvoy/Carlo for a long time
Lucic adds much needed toughness and size to the forward group, fingers crossed he can regroup and be a 50 point player again
We got a top 10 pick in a draft we currently dont have a 1st in.

Edm gets their PP QB in Krug
Add scoring depth on the cheap in Heinen
PC/Gretz get a big skilled winger in Celharik that they really like
as much as the proposed acquisition of one Evander Kane and how's that go again, Dizzay.... oh, yeah.... Kane is a San Jose Shark, best try and see if you want grandpa Joe Thornton back in the Eastern Conference:laugh::rolleyes:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad