Line Combos: Roster overhaul in order?

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
This is a large trade idea so I'm prepared to take heat:

To Bos: Milan Lucic (33% retained) 4 million +10thOA +Darnell Nurse
To Edm: Torey Krug, Danton Heinen, Peter Celharik

Boston gets a partner in Nurse for McAvoy/Carlo for a long time
Lucic adds much needed toughness and size to the forward group, fingers crossed he can regroup and be a 50 point player again
We got a top 10 pick in a draft we currently dont have a 1st in.

Edm gets their PP QB in Krug
Add scoring depth on the cheap in Heinen
PC/Gretz get a big skilled winger in Celharik that they really like
I like this deal but would like it more with Lucic at 50% retained. I love Darnell Nurse and that number 10 pick should be a very good player, the Bruins do seem to be pretty good at drafting (reaches aside). Nurse will be a more effective all around defenseman that Krug (you are hurting the power play giving up Krug), Heinen is a nice player but they have several prospects who can take his spot and I think Donato and DeBrusk have much higher ceilings and Celharik is a luxury.

I would say it favors Boston a bit too much but we are talking about Chiarelli, may have to throw in another mid level prospect who has no chance of ever making the NHL, Peter seems to like those guys.

Reactions: Strafer and Dizzay

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Kessel rumored to be having a falling out in Pittsburgh/ clashing with Sullivan. I think he’s at 6m per currently (Toronto eating the other 2m?). Would anyone here have any interest in trading for Phil, with say 1m retained?

1st line:
2nd line:
DeBrusk - Krejci - Kessel (at 5m)
3rd line:
Donato - Backes - Heinen

Thoughts? (Full disclosure I’ve loathed Kessel since he forced his way out of town)
This may help the Bruins depending on the return but the Thrill is in the same category for me as Craig Janney and Alex Khokolachev, a player I would never want to see in a Bruins uniform and would be very hard pressed to even enjoy whatever success he has due to his demeanor and attitude. There are better options than Kessel.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
sure did good playing together after playoffs over in Europe so you never know

looked like he had a nice World Cup playing with DK but I`m not sure it`s wise to look at how they play on surfaces so much larger than the NHL, it`s just a completely different game

BiGBear8

May 21, 2012
looked like he had a nice World Cup playing with DK but I`m not sure it`s wise to look at how they play on surfaces so much larger than the NHL, it`s just a completely different game
yes your right about the bigger ice

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
This may help the Bruins depending on the return but the Thrill is in the same category for me as Craig Janney and Alex Khokolachev, a player I would never want to see in a Bruins uniform and would be very hard pressed to even enjoy whatever success he has due to his demeanor and attitude. There are better options than Kessel.

You appear to have first hand knowledge / be up close and personal with these players. Be interested to learn more the facts to their poor demeanour and attitude?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Obviously. But the rosters were filled out by NHLers and the best Euros.

I have no doubt Pastrnak fits in either with DK or Bergy. He has that much talent. If Sweeney scores another RW, they'll work it out in Camp.

My opinion is that Pasta needs to play with line mates who think the game quickly for best success. While Bergeron isn`t going to be mistaken for a guy with blazing speed, he thinks, distributes the puck exceptionally fast, Marchand just thinks the game at the same speed as Pasta too, DK has the tendency to slow things down which is why I have long believed that guy`s like Horty/Looch and say Iggy had a tendency to be more natural fits

I don`t think Pasta would be a disaster with DK full time, I do however believe he is best utilized and dangerous with Bergy and Marchand

Reactions: chizzler

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
as much as the proposed acquisition of one Evander Kane and how's that go again, Dizzay.... oh, yeah.... Kane is a San Jose Shark, best try and see if you want grandpa Joe Thornton back in the Eastern Conference:laugh::rolleyes:

I honestly need google translator to comprehend some of your moronic replies to me. You focus on Lucic when I'm proposing to bring in Nurse, a young guy who would be a perfect Bruin and the 10th OA pick. But you keep focusing on trying to pick my stuff apart

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
2017/2018 Kovalchuk highlights (didn't like the background music so watched it mute)

He was the scoring leader for the KHL last season. Still a speedster and has that canon shot.

If the Bruins can sign him for a reasonable deal

Marchand Bergeron Pasta
Debrusk Krejci Kovalchuk

top 6 potential looks nice. I mean Debrusk Krejci Rick Nash looked nice in theory, but Kovalchuk even at 35 is a much better skater than Rick Nash.

Reactions: Mainehockey33

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Can we stop suggesting Lucic? The guy is never going to come back here. He's not even close to the same player that left. We don't need another aging power-winger making 6M+ for long term. Retaining on his deal doesn't do anything.

I agree with you but isn't this is the exact post you would get from a Blues fan on Backes, but yet at 107 years old, DB is posed to "rebound" or be the player we thought we signed? While I wouldn't take Lucic back at 3mil per because of our left side depth, I think those writing him off may be jumping the gun.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
2017/2018 Kovalchuk highlights

He was the scoring leader for the KHL last season. Still a speedster and has that canon shot.

Marchand Bergeron Pasta
Debrusk Krejci Kovalchuk

top 6 potential looks nice. I mean Debrusk Krejci Rick Nash looked nice in theory, but Kovalchuk even at 35 is a much better skater than Rick Nash.

This is the guy. The equalizer IMO. He puts us over the top.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
2017/2018 Kovalchuk highlights (didn't like the background music so watched it mute)

Marchand Bergeron Pasta
Debrusk Krejci Kovalchuk

LOL, he sure can punish an empty net!!:laugh::sarcasm::laugh: All bull-puckies aside, if he can still play physically and with enthusiasm I would like to see him here for 2 years @ $3 mil each max but no more. I think that if he can still bring it he can give the B's a dimension at forward that they lack and can open up space for Krejci.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
LOL, he sure can punish an empty net!!:laugh::sarcasm::laugh: All bull-puckies aside, if he can still play physically and with enthusiasm I would like to see him here for 2 years @ $3 mil each max but no more. I think that if he can still bring it he can give the B's a dimension at forward that they lack and can open up space for Krejci.

I doubt he is leaving the KHL and coming to the NHL for 3 million per season

Its probably going to be in the neighbourhood of 5-6 million per season

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
He made such big noise, breaking the 15 year contract (after 3 seasons) because he wanted to go back home

I wonder what made him change his mind to want to return to the NHL

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma

You think?

He made such big noise, breaking the 15 year contract (after 3 seasons) because he wanted to go back home

I wonder what made him change his mind to want to return to the NHL

He just recently stated in an article he wants to do what Ovechkin just did, win the cup. He's already made enough money. If money was his motivating factor, he would have played out the Devils contract.

TorontLoL 67

Ekwensu Ocha
Feb 26, 2016
Central Vermont
If IK really is in it for a cup you'd think the Rags wouldn't be a top contender. The Kings haven't been relevant in years and the Sharks are a perennial choke job. His best shot at the cup is Boston. He might be 35 but if he's thirsty enough he might put this team over the top. Let's go Donny get it done!

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
how are you going to react if the C's put banner 18 up before the B's add their 7th, 4?

Honestly if they move to Hartford I would care less.

Lebron going to help them with banner 18 ? LOL I heard Danny wants him and he wants to be a C, LOL Now let's get back to relevant stuff like Bruin talk

Reactions: Strafer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad