Line Combos: Roster overhaul in order?

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I'm gonna be the wet blanket...

I (and most others) was of the mindset that one of Krug or Grzelcyk was going to be dealt this offseason. My opinion was that the obvious move was the latter option.

Looks like we're moving Krug now and mark my words... That's gonna hurt.

I don't want to turn it into THAT thread. This one should be about Grzelcyk and how impressive he was during the season (he was excellent) and how he earned the extension (he absolutely did). He's a good kid and I like him a lot.

I would not have have signed him.

Seeing this seems like our trade/offseason thread (or at least for now, discussion) and you didn't want to turn the Grzelcyk thread into that, I thought it'd be "ok" to take this here and touch on it. He was an RFA so why wouldn't you have signed him? Couldn't you say locking him in only gives him more value in a trade? After this contract is up, he'll still be under team control as an RFA. He's at a solid price. I'm not seeing the relation with this one. I don't think Boston moves Krug unless they're wowed by an offer. They like him a lot.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Krug is an injury list...... what team will take him knowing he's likely out half of next season, if not longer than that.... Carlo, we survived that injury hit, and he's back to at least start camp....

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Krug is an injury list...... what team will take him knowing he's likely out half of next season, if not longer than that.... Carlo, we survived that injury hit, and he's back to at least start camp....

Is there an online decoder for these posts??? :dunno:

Do you have a crystal ball as well? He broke an ankle. Last time I checked depending on the severity of the injury, it's usually 6-8 weeks recovery time:

Ankle Fractures (Broken Ankle) - OrthoInfo - AAOS

On face value Carlo's injury actually looked worse. It's highly doubtful that Krug will miss half a season or longer for that injury :facepalm:

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Is there an online decoder for these posts??? :dunno:

Do you have a crystal ball as well? He broke an ankle. Last time I checked depending on the severity of the injury, it's usually 6-8 weeks recovery time:

Ankle Fractures (Broken Ankle) - OrthoInfo - AAOS

It's highly doubtful that Krug will miss half a season or longer for that injury :facepalm:
and who was it that missed 3 months, Chief.... Carlo is 1, Backes is 2, that never started/finished 2018 on time:rolleyes:

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Can you please put this into a sentence that I (and likely everyone else) can understand? I'm really trying but you're not making sense here
how many times have we seen it posted that when are players are skating, how do you positively can know, in other words, to put it BLUNTLY... THAT Either Carlo or Krug ARE CLEARED TO PRACTICE, much less participate in any drills:mad:

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
how many times have we seen it posted that when are players are skating, how do you positively can know, in other words, to put it BLUNTLY... THAT Either Carlo or Krug ARE CLEARED TO PRACTICE, much less participate in any drills:mad:

:mad: If HE wants to skate ice on WEDNESDAY then he should be driving there at the END of the season. Hutch

Reactions: sleepyh

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I’m playing ‘doubting Thomas’ in the HF Production ‘It Happens Every Easter’ when it comes to Backes & Krejci

A. Being moved
B. Was ever discussed

If it is then I’m guessing Cam is back being Art Garfunkel to Don’s Paul Simon.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Im going to have to admit im wrong about backes. For a few years i thought he would be the perfect winger for bergeron. I was certain hed be a better winger then center

But i just no longer feel he can be a top 6 winger.

I dont know what the resistence to using him at center is... but if we lose riley nash i think we have to try backes at center.

Even if jfk makes the team... id be in favor him at rw and backes at center

My first hope is sign riley... or jumbo joe... or tavares... trade for lindholm or staal... but all that fails, then i want backes at center
JFK is a center - I’ve seen him a bunch and not once did I think wing.

He’s as natural a center as they have in that system.

Reactions: Alberta_OReilly_Fan

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
There is a concern with Krug. He is hurt. It’s no small injury. I haven’t seen any news on him since. Has any one?

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad