Line Combos: Roster/Lineup Discussions Thread II

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
If that's how it goes, and that narrative takes full root, then we all might as well just give up entirely on this franchise altogether.

Because that would be Apocalyptic Eternal Damnation. It would be the end of any chance of hope or improvement. Seriously, by what means can one improve one's team? Trades? That kind of perception would mean we'd never be able to get value for anything or anyone, ever, for the remainder of our existence. The draft? Nobody believes we can hold on to our own drafted players; The Traitor's forced walkout saw to that, and everybody up north is already penciling Werenski into the Red Wings lineup. Free agency? Don't be absurd. Front office changes? We've done that twice times now and it keeps ending with "they're hopeless, they can't do anything, they can't keep anyone" and it's only looking even worse from here.

There wouldn't be any point anymore. We'd be forced into that perpetual feeder team status that the O6/Canadian vultures have always wanted us to be in. What point would there be in living in that world?

I'd like not to think that dyer of a situation. And honestly, the execs who say that probably have no clue. How would they? The CBJ and Jones can't even discuss a contract. Unless these execs are literally coming from the CBJ I don't put any stock into it. But I did think it deserved to be mentioned.

If Jones leaves then yeah we're going to be set upon a long and tumultuous rebuild. But I mean, look at Ottawa. They lost two franchise pillars pretty close together, and flopped on a major trade that hurt their future. But now the future there looks better. They have some good pieces and got some good pieces. It's not the apocalypse if they leave. Sure, it would really f***ing suck, would make the early Jarmo building years worthless, and would signal a long time of sucking before we competed again. But it happens sometimes.

Jan

Jan 30, 2021
Especially when he ends up playing BETTER than Korpi and Elvis.
If he should play, we need to instruct;) him to let in a few softies, and then we fans will complain.
We can't destroy our Tank:laugh:

Last edited:

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
I want Kiv to play the NHL games. Heck, I’d give Thiessen a game for being a good soldier. But getting Tarasov a few practices with NHL players while on the taxi squad once or twice makes sense to me. Then send him back to Cleveland for games. Give the kid a taste of what an NHL practice is like.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
I want Kiv to play the NHL games. Heck, I’d give Thiessen a game for being a good soldier. But getting Tarasov a few practices with NHL players while on the taxi squad once or twice makes sense to me. Then send him back to Cleveland for games. Give the kid a taste of what an NHL practice is like.

I wouldn't hate it if he started a game or 2 either. "Come on over and you'll get a shot, overseas dudes!"

Reactions: CBJx614

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
If we're going to tank, let's do it like the 03-04 Caps that sat Kolzig in favor of their fourth stringer so they could get into lotto position to win it and get Ovechkin. Sadly, no generational time this draft, obviously.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I just hope by next year we have a clear cut starter and backup. If Tarasov is better, I hope it is without a doubt, I really don't like splitting games between them.
I would sort of have a real hard time annointing a guy who has never played a single game in the NHL the clear cut starter from day 1. Even Henrik Lunqvist was a backup behind Kevin Weekes to start the season and he was older than Tarasov. I think everyone needs to temper expectations on Tarasov and let him develop. If he truly is the guy, there ultimately will be splitting time for a period until he completely wins the job.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
I would sort of have a real hard time annointing a guy who has never played a single game in the NHL the clear cut starter from day 1. Even Henrik Lunqvist was a backup behind Kevin Weekes to start the season and he was older than Tarasov. I think everyone needs to temper expectations on Tarasov and let him develop. If he truly is the guy, there ultimately will be splitting time for a period until he completely wins the job.
Actually I was hoping that Elvis would establish himself as the starter because I think they will trade Joonas. Tarasov may need a season at least in the AHL if he continues how he has been playing. He is 3-1n but that is because the team has been scoring for him. He has given up 8 goals in his last 2 games, and his overall save percentage is .883. He has looked good in stretches, but also not so good in stretches. Tarasov would have to be a lot better to be named the starter.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Actually I was hoping that Elvis would establish himself as the starter because I think they will trade Joonas. Tarasov may need a season at least in the AHL if he continues how he has been playing. He is 3-1n but that is because the team has been scoring for him. He has given up 8 goals in his last 2 games, and his overall save percentage is .883. He has looked good in stretches, but also not so good in stretches. Tarasov would have to be a lot better to be named the starter.

If they opt to trade a goalie they should still leave Tarasov in Cleveland for a year. Depth/backup goalies are always available.

Grouchy

Nov 2, 2006
Canal Winchester, OH
Speaking of goalies - interesting translated interview with Elvis posted on Reddit ...

-With Nick Foligno leaving, you also lost a friend?
Yes. I am very sad that Nick and David Savard left our team because they were great teammates. Better captain than Foligno I haven't seen. He really was great as a player and as a locker room leader. Out of hockey, Nick has taught me a lot too. He is a great role model, also a father to 3 children. Excellent role model, how to be a father to his kids, and how to be a wonderful husband. Because soon I will be a father too, I can learn a lot from him. I didn't have a father, my brother teached me everything. I just started to get really close with Nick, when he got traded. I think you can't allow yourself to get close to a lot of people, because some of us could be already leaving tomorrow. It is just one call and 10 seconds away.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

If it wasn't clear already, Hofmann probably won't get to play for the Bluejackets anytime soon. Zug won game 2 vs Rapperswil and since it's a game 5 series, it looks like they're gonna make it all the way to the finals. Hofmann scored Zug's first goal in todays 4-2 win. Now has 7 points (2 goals, 5 assists) in 8 playoff games.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Hello Jacket fans,
A long time London Knights season-ticket holder here. I have just listed on Ebay my Max Domi autographed London Knights jersey. (Yes, I'm the same person who has the Liam Foudy jersey on Ebay too). Here are the pics...

Attachments

• Domi 1.jpg
    Domi 1.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Domi 2.jpg
    Domi 2.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Domi 3.jpg
    Domi 3.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 1

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
But you think Torts is an idiot and makes bad decisions, and doesn't know what he is doing. So we should just ignore this?
Sure . And correct , he will have no say unless he’s moved to front office . Gives insight to what the organization is thinking , however

BTW, you argued many time with me Elvis shutouts don’t matter , Jackets win last night without that shutout? :naughty:

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Sure . And correct , he will have no say unless he’s moved to front office . Gives insight to what the organization is thinking , however

BTW, you argued many time with me Elvis shutouts don’t matter , Jackets win last night without that shutout? :naughty:
Probably not. But again, using your analogy, it was only Detroit, so it doesn't mean much against a crappy team.

Reactions: CBJWerenski8

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad