Line Combos: Roster/Lineup Discussions Thread II

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Came to post a hair-brained impulse proposal. Haven’t thought it out and deserve to be Flamed if it’s terrible. Have not considered CBJ needs for a moment even:

Clayton Keller and Christian Fischer for Max Domi and Liam Foudy.

Let er rip. Flame away. :)

I might do it. I'm not sure Keller is worth his contract though. I don't watch much but he seemed super soft and disengaged at times. But 22 year old silky playmaker....

Tell you what, you give us Garland in a trade and sign, you can have Laine, Domi, and Foudy. That's the player I want. Obviously that is impractical cap-wise for the Coyotes but the point is I want Garland.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I might do it. I'm not sure Keller is worth his contract though. I don't watch much but he seemed super soft and disengaged at times. But 22 year old silky playmaker....

Tell you what, you give us Garland in a trade and sign, you can have Laine, Domi, and Foudy. That's the player I want. Obviously that is impractical cap-wise for the Coyotes but the point is I want Garland.
...okay, your dismissal of Laine and Domi is starting to reach thebus levels. I mean, Garland would be nice to have but holy f***ing hell.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
...okay, your dismissal of Laine and Domi is starting to reach thebus levels. I mean, Garland would be nice to have but holy f***ing hell.

Lol. Might have been half-baked on that one.

If I may be serious for a minute, I wouldn't craft a deal quite like that. But I also think that's an upgrade for us. Garland is one of the best 5v5 play-drivers. It would be like having two Bjorkstrands.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus

Same thing happened last year when he got a lot of starts in a row . Same reason you see football teams that have that have and use 2qbs , which means they really don’t have 1 . Elvis settles in the more he plays . Korpi does the opposite , the larger his sample size gets , the worse his numbers get

Reactions: I3LI3

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Same thing happened last year when he got a lot of starts in a row . Same reason you see football teams that have that have and use 2qbs , which means they really don’t have 1 . Elvis settles in the more he plays . Korpi does the opposite , the larger his sample size gets , the worse his numbers get

Yea, I mean, it looks like one is better as a starter and the other is more suited for back up duty. But who is who???

Reactions: KJ Dangler

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
After watching this season and meshing it with last season, Elvis looks like the better bet to be the starter. While his performance can be mercurial, consistency isn’t a strength for Korpi either. The downside of this conclusion is that I believe Elvis has the greater trade value as other teams needing a goalie would view him as a starter. Korpi is more likely to be attractive to teams seeking a backup. Also the Jackets better be damned sure they can lock Elvis up beyond next year. Korpi can likely be more easily re-signed.

Reactions: KJ Dangler

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
After watching this season and meshing it with last season, Elvis looks like the better bet to be the starter. While his performance can be mercurial, consistency isn’t a strength for Korpi either. The downside of this conclusion is that I believe Elvis has the greater trade value as other teams needing a goalie would view him as a starter. Korpi is more likely to be attractive to teams seeking a backup. Also the Jackets better be damned sure they can lock Elvis up beyond next year. Korpi can likely be more easily re-signed.
I think Elvis has went out of his way to embrace this city , in his interviews , his pads . He’s the guy to go forward with … but how long until Tarasov is knocking at the door

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I think Elvis has went out of his way to embrace this city , in his interviews , his pads . He’s the guy to go forward with … but how long until Tarasov is knocking at the door

Between two years and never.

Somehow we've gotten used to the idea that every good goalie prospect makes it.

Jan

Jan 30, 2021
Difficult to say, it is not long ago, that Forsberg was looking to be the goalie of the future.
In the NHL he was beaten out by Korpi.

NHL is just another league to succeed in.
If everything goes well for him, bad for CBJ, next season.
If next season, that mean that Elvis has failed.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Difficult to say, it is not long ago, that Forsberg was looking to be the goalie of the future.

Goalie A career: .905 sv % / 2.90 GAA
Goalie B career: .904 sv % / 3.16 GAA

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
It was really a two-man race after Dansk busted. That was the reason for confidence - we had multiple decent-looking guys.

I figured we'd have something similar with Tarasov and Vehvilainen, but VV kind of didn't get anywhere. Kivlenieks is looking like he might be a surprise contender though - assuming he doesn't get claimed by Seattle. Still would bet on Tarasov tho.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad