Line Combos: Roster/Lineup Discussions Thread II

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
I think they keep adding him on "emergency recall" so maybe they have to send him back because Korpisalo is still technically on the active roster. They seem to be preciously aware of the number of recalls allowed after the trade deadline since they refuse to use one and demote Peeke to get him playing time even though I'm not sure we've actually used a legit recall since the trade deadline and there are only 3 games left.

Ah, the recall cap is another interesting factor I'd forgotten about. What a strange (awful?) season.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Apparently Kuznetsov might be on the Caps block. I wonder what it would take to acquire him?

Love the player a lot but he’s apparently been a massive headache off the ice for Washington. We’ve been in the news enough for non hockey reasons recently.

Id certainly be interested but I am afraid of what would happen if he got away from the microscope.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Love the player a lot but he’s apparently been a massive headache off the ice for Washington. We’ve been in the news enough for non hockey reasons recently.

Id certainly be interested but I am afraid of what would happen if he got away from the microscope.

For like two seasons he was the best player in the league but his head and heart are big questions. I know the canned response is offensively challenged team not interested in talented scorer’ but I’m pretty sure most of us believe some of the Jackets’ problems have to do with the collective attitude.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Apparently Kuznetsov might be on the Caps block. I wonder what it would take to acquire him?
If Tortorella was staying, I'd consider it. He seems to need significant discipline work. As it is, my willingness to enquire would depend a lot on who ends up being Tortorella's successor and whether or not I'm confident that coach could bring him into line.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
If Tortorella was staying, I'd consider it. He seems to need significant discipline work. As it is, my willingness to enquire would depend a lot on who ends up being Tortorella's successor and whether or not I'm confident that coach could bring him into line.

If Trotz couldn't straighten him out it's not going to happen. Whoever gets him is getting a problem in the room.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
If Trotz couldn't straighten him out it's not going to happen. Whoever gets him is getting a problem in the room.
Trotz isn't there right now - and while he was there, Kuznetsov was still producing. So, lack of lasting impact, but still a suggestion that the right kind of discipline and supervision might help.

But yeah, I have serious worries there.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Trotz isn't there right now - and while he was there, Kuznetsov was still producing. So, lack of lasting impact, but still a suggestion that the right kind of discipline and supervision might help.

But yeah, I have serious worries there.

For a long time Washington has been great at making a team out of flawed stars and one-way talents, they've found a way to make it work. If the Kuznetsov thing has become too much for them then I can't see how the Jackets could handle it.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
For like two seasons he was the best player in the league but his head and heart are big questions.

Not sure a guy who's only received Hart votes once (finished 19th) qualifies as the best player in the league for two seasons.

Good player, would probably be the best forward on the roster if acquired. He also counts $7.8m against the cap for the next four seasons. That'd be $13.675m tied up with him and Atkinson through 2025.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011

Isn't it more of a rolled up dollar bill issue?

Reactions: thebus88

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
How has Mikko Lehtonen been for you guys?
Hes played 25 games, and is only a -3 on this team, that for the most part had struggled to score more than 1 goal in the past 15 games or so. Hes been pretty solid.. not seeing the offensive side yet, but maybe as he settles in .

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Came to post a hair-brained impulse proposal. Haven’t thought it out and deserve to be Flamed if it’s terrible. Have not considered CBJ needs for a moment even:

Clayton Keller and Christian Fischer for Max Domi and Liam Foudy.

Let er rip. Flame away. :)

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Came to post a hair-brained impulse proposal. Haven’t thought it out and deserve to be Flamed if it’s terrible. Have not considered CBJ needs for a moment even:

Clayton Keller and Christian Fischer for Max Domi and Liam Foudy.

Let er rip. Flame away. :)
Keller for Laine, maybe some adds in there too.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Kinda interested in seein how bad I get mocked for this whole Domi and Foudy thing first. Kinda hung my hat on that one. Maybe if I get dick kicked outta here, I’ll slink back in later with that Laine thing.
If Keller could play C I would do it (no need for Fischer) but we need centers (even if Domi is not a perfect one)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad