New York Islanders: Roster Discussion: Filppula out 4 weeks; Boychuk, Eberle day to day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seebreez53

Mar 9, 2018
He already had an opportunity, he wasent good then

Why Lou stood pat at the deadline in mind numbing. I don’t buy the chemistry issue, because a jolt from outside could prove more beneficial then not. Now we are going to pay the price. And it could be stiff. Anyone watching this team lately can’t be very confident. The offense is basically inept. The PP inexcusably horrific. We have 2 guys that I consider above average in the top six. Lou did the team and fans a disservice by not getting at least one body in here.
That being said, isn’t it time to fix what’s broken? Or at least try a boost before the playoffs.....if we make it there. I know there are a lot of JHS detractors on here, but his past NHL stints have proven productive, point wise and win wise, even in a playoff atmosphere. With Eberle hurting and Bailey not producing, could it hurt the team anymore to give him a few games?

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
So if he is brought back up is it another recall or part of the same call up?

Two separate ones. The first was the emergency, and after the conditions expired they sent him back down (on paper) and recalled him for the regular call up. It kind of annoys me they did that and he didn't even get in a game.

Reactions: PROMputt

norwegianislander

May 9, 2009
Hamar, Norway
I hope Fritz bring us some energy and legs. The third line has looked out of gas and Fake frans has not been that good the last few weeks, so if Fritz can give that line some energy, it might not be so bad.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I think the best thing to do is plug in Komarov at C on the 3rd line. He has played C before, it's more of a comfort level. As long as the line plays solid defensively, I think that's all you can expect from the #3 line without Filppula right now.

The Isles will need Barzal, Nelson, and Cizikas to step up the offence.

With Uncle Leo who has one of the lowest GA60 stats in the NHL, if he can hold a line to even, at ES. This is a win IMO with Filppula out. Not sure Fritz can do that?

Reactions: notDatsyuk

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
Fritz does nothing, maybe he will have a really good game and will not hurt the team, Ho-Sang is the only one who might make the team better, you can re-arrange the lines and get another center, absolutely mind boggling how this organization is screwing him, I really want to know if it some old school bias against him or he did something awful on his last call up that they are refusing to play him, it has to be one or the other

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Fritz does nothing, maybe he will have a really good game and will not hurt the team, Ho-Sang is the only one who might make the team better, you can re-arrange the lines and get another center, absolutely mind boggling how this organization is screwing him, I really want to know if it some old school bias against him or he did something awful on his last call up that they are refusing to play him, it has to be one or the other

Or maybe he's just not as good as we think.

hoser14

Oct 23, 2006
Brooklyn

What? The return of the immortal Tanner Fritz is disappointing. We have all seen what Fritz brings to the table: small, fast and unproductive. With a team that has stalled offensively, one would figure that Ho-Sang would be a better solution than Fritz. I rather have Otto Koivula.

Reactions: bigtim1988

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Between Beauvillier, Dal Colle and him he is by far the most impressive, and as said the stats show the team is better if he is in the lineup

But you have to wonder why, desperate as they are for offense, the hall of fame GM and hall of fame coach don't put him in the lineup. To me, that says he's just not as good as we want to believe.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
But you have to wonder why, desperate as they are for offense, the hall of fame GM and hall of fame coach don't put him in the lineup. To me, that says he's just not as good as we want to believe.
At the STH meet and greet at Northwell 2 weeks ago Lou was talking about players who have talent all the way up here and a maturity level all the way down here. I have to believe he was refering to Josh Ho-Sang.

Seebreez53

Mar 9, 2018
At the STH meet and greet at Northwell 2 weeks ago Lou was talking about players who have talent all the way up here and a maturity level all the way down here. I have to believe he was refering to Josh Ho-Sang.

I seriously have to question the maturity level of those who value maturity level over wins and losses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad