New York Islanders: Roster Discussion: Filppula out 4 weeks; Boychuk, Eberle day to day

Status
Not open for further replies.

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
He guys, this is killing me. I keep hearing Isles only have one recall leftbut to my understanding Gibson and Ho-Sang were emergency recalls. So shouldn't it just be Dal Colle and Fritz?
There’s a recall limit?

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
He guys, this is killing me. I keep hearing Isles only have one recall leftbut to my understanding Gibson and Ho-Sang were emergency recalls. So shouldn't it just be Dal Colle and Fritz?

Didn’t they send him down bc emerg conditions were over. Then they recalled him the next day under regular conditions?

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
There’s a recall limit?
During the regular season after the deadline you get 4 recalls (but no roster limit). During playoffs you get unlimited and that's why you see Black Aces.
Didn’t they send him down bc emerg conditions were over. Then they recalled him the next day under regular conditions?
I thought that was just Dal Colle. I can't find it anywhere but I don't think I'm searching correctly. But I thought Ho-Sang was returned for the very reason of not wasting a recall.

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
did they recall Ho-Sang yet, seems he should get a practice in before the game tomorrow

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
did they recall Ho-Sang yet, seems he should get a practice in before the game tomorrow

I doubt you see any major changes tomorrow beyond what we already said to expect. We all can safely assume MDC will go in for Ladd and probably Boychuk for Hickey. If Mayfield is out then probably Boychuk is in for him. One way or another he’s in. I don’t think you see any other change

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
I doubt you see any major changes tomorrow beyond what we already said to expect. We all can safely assume MDC will go in for Ladd and probably Boychuk for Hickey. If Mayfield is out then probably Boychuk is in for him. One way or another he’s in. I don’t think you see any other change

It seems ridiculous to me to be quite honest. This team is struggling and while JHS is not the answer, he is clearly part of the POTENTIAL answer for this team. JHS and MDC should both be in the lineup Saturday, anything else is not icing the teams best lineup.

Also? Andrew Ladd is such a f***ing loser.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
It seems ridiculous to me to be quite honest. This team is struggling and while JHS is not the answer, he is clearly part of the POTENTIAL answer for this team. JHS and MDC should both be in the lineup Saturday, anything else is not icing the teams best lineup.

Also? Andrew Ladd is such a ****ing loser.

I could see him up if Eberle is too hurt. He didn’t look awful last night though. So unless he reinjured something I would be shocked to see Ho Sang

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
I could see him up if Eberle is too hurt. He didn’t look awful last night though. So unless he reinjured something I would be shocked to see Ho Sang

It is hard to look awful when on the ice with the Statue of Bailey, Andrew Badd, Comeau Beauvillier, Hickey Mouse, and Benjamin Button Komarov

Words Of Wisdom

Truth Speaker
Oct 20, 2011
Long Island.
Ladd is beyond awful. What an atrocious contract. He’s absolute trash. This team needs to put MDC in. He looked really improved when he last played. You gotta think with how bad this team is struggling offensively that Trotz has to be considering JHS. Kid may be a big problem but he does bring a lot of offensive potential to the table. We are desperate. Plus, at least you can showcase him and if he plays great? You can either fix him and keep him or you can get a lot more for him in a trade.

Look at it this way. This team can’t get much worse at this point because we are on the verge of missing the playoffs or forfeiting home ice and backing into a wild card.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Ladd is beyond awful. What an atrocious contract. He’s absolute trash. This team needs to put MDC in. He looked really improved when he last played. You gotta think with how bad this team is struggling offensively that Trotz has to be considering JHS. Kid may be a big problem but he does bring a lot of offensive potential to the table. We are desperate. Plus, at least you can showcase him and if he plays great? You can either fix him and keep him or you can get a lot more for him in a trade.

Look at it this way. This team can’t get much worse at this point because we are on the verge of missing the playoffs or forfeiting home ice and backing into a wild card.

I think we need to bring up someone that can produce immediately and I am not a huge fan of Steve Bernier but playing next to Barzal he could pot 3-4 goals in the final games... I think putting JHS or MDC in there and then to lose the playoff spots with them on the ice will crush whatever is left in them.

Reactions: Words Of Wisdom

Words Of Wisdom

Truth Speaker
Oct 20, 2011
Long Island.
I think we need to bring up someone that can produce immediately and I am not a huge fan of Steve Bernier but playing next to Barzal he could pot 3-4 goals in the final games... I think putting JHS or MDC in there and then to lose the playoff spots with them on the ice will crush whatever is left in them.
I see where you’re coming from but MDC and JHS are far better offensively than Steve Bernier. If we are relying on Bernier to be our savior, we are truly f***ed lol.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I had no idea, thanks.
No problem but I'm apparently not the best guy at this because I can't figure out the recalls. I know emergency is when there are too many injuries for a position to not be filled (like Gibson got recalled because Lehner was hurt, you need two goalies until Lehner comes back) but I can't figure out this extra roster recall.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
I see where you’re coming from but MDC and JHS are far better offensively than Steve Bernier. If we are relying on Bernier to be our savior, we are truly ****ed lol.

I think the word savior and the Bridgeport roster are as far apart as Chris Christie and situps.

Bernier has 21 goals in 51 games and knows how to play hockey, you don't lose anything defensively with him there and he may have one push left in his career..

JHS has not been that good in the AHL so his defense will kill us with not much offensive upside

MDC is Brad Dalgarno's lost son... I mean he may develop on a Bailey trajectory, but he is of very little impact right now

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
I see where you’re coming from but MDC and JHS are far better offensively than Steve Bernier. If we are relying on Bernier to be our savior, we are truly ****ed lol.

Well we are currently relying on Ladd who is a total loser. Is Bernier really worse than Ladd?

I'm only half joking, but I am seriously disappointed to see JHS not called up today.

Reactions: Words Of Wisdom

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Well we are currently relying on Ladd who is a total loser. Is Bernier really worse than Ladd?

I'm only half joking, but I am seriously disappointed to see JHS not called up today.

Bernier is Stamkos compared to 2019 version of Ladd.... I am not a huge Bernier fan by no means but an eyeball look at the bridgeport roster and that is the only player that stands out that could probably take NHL shifts without worry and pot a few goals

Reactions: YearlyLottery
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad