New York Islanders: Roster Discussion: Filppula out 4 weeks; Boychuk, Eberle day to day

Status
Not open for further replies.

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
Well we are currently relying on Ladd who is a total loser. Is Bernier really worse than Ladd?

I'm only half joking, but I am seriously disappointed to see JHS not called up today.

Me too. Makes me think JHS has played his last game for the isles.

I think they go with what they got and see where the chips fall. Last few weeks have not been Lou’s finest work.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
The problem is virtually everyone thought Filp was a bad signing at the time. And personally I dont think our regression has much to do with Filpulla but moreso to do with the entrance of Ladd and Hickey and the loss of Boychuk to this team. Combine that with teams locking up Barzal in a LockBox and our PP being voraciously bad and here we are. I'd say Filp missing is just a small part of the equation.

Nevertheless, we desperately need 2 Top 6 goal scorers on this team or we're never going to progress...Panarin is almost a must at this point...

Lou deserves credit on the Filp signing. He was lambasted for it. Turned out to be his second best signing, behind Lehner.

Filp means a lot to a team that lacks skill and depth. They will feel his loss more than meets the eye, IMHO.

The regression started before Filp.

Reactions: YearlyLottery

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
The three call ups have been Ho-Sang, Dal Colle, and Fritz.

Ho-Sang was an emergency call up that didn't count at first. Then the conditions for his call up expired, he was sent back down on paper, and recalled with a regular call up. He was then returned to Bridgeport shortly after.

Dal Colle had a similar thing happen, but he's stayed up. Fritz was the latest, obviously.

Koobs11

aka Back door Johnny
Feb 4, 2007
Adirondacks
Just to Chime in after sitting out most of this season on here but a TBI has me sidelined at work and sitting home and wanting to smash my TV. At this point I am all for Bernier being up here, but would much rather see MDC play over any of them. Fritz isn't the problem but he's not the solution, our lack of center depth is brutal. I would really like to see Cizikas center the 3rd line and put Fritz on the 4th. I really cannot stand watching Ladd or Kuhnuckle play anymore and will roll the dice with MDC playing in either one of their spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad