New York Islanders: Roster Discussion: Filppula out 4 weeks; Boychuk, Eberle day to day

Status
Not open for further replies.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Pulock just needs to get it on net. His shots will start to find there way through all long as he hits the night.

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY
Can't put my finger on what's going on with Pulock. I mean, he scored 6 or 7 goals in the preseason, so he could hit the net without an issue. But when the season started, he's been struggling. Maybe he's just trying too hard, and it's backfiring.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
Ah well. I suppose there will be more ice time for MDC in Bridgeport, and Fritz makes for a grittier bottom six

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
They've been doing this call-up/demotion thing wrong this season.

Big time. Like what Lou has brought in terms of staff, but his roster choices have been pretty questionable. MDC got 0 opportunities with the club. Gionta is a mystery. Johnson is brutal. A lot of similar moves as Garth, if you ask me...

There is also the whole Toews issue. And Sbisa.

Reactions: Newsworthy

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Hopefully fritz plays instead of Gionta. Fritz is hardly a giant but watching Boyle and Gionta battle was comical.

Ross got benched for his O-zone penalty but I think he got a raw deal there. He was playing ok and the penalty was as soft as they come. I hope he’s still in. I’m guessing he’s not though.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Hopefully fritz plays instead of Gionta. Fritz is hardly a giant but watching Boyle and Gionta battle was comical.

Ross got benched for his O-zone penalty but I think he got a raw deal there. He was playing ok and the penalty was as soft as they come. I hope he’s still in. I’m guessing he’s not though.
The same type of deal that got Barzal benched a few games ago. Taking bad penalties will piss of this coach more than anything else. Trotz preaches discipline and attention to detail. Let’s stop making excuses for Barzal, Johnston, and whoever else f***s up next.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
Big time. Like what Lou has brought in terms of staff, but his roster choices have been pretty questionable. MDC got 0 opportunities with the club. Gionta is a mystery. Johnson is brutal. A lot of similar moves as Garth, if you ask me...

There is also the whole Toews issue. And Sbisa.
They have no center depth which is why Gionta has played, fritz has been playing center in Bridgeport I might have given St Denis a shot he’s a gritty little kid who has been playing center also and is a jerk to play against. Toews is ready but he shouldn’t be here sitting like sbisa he still benefits from playing regularly.

Reactions: BTrotts19

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
At this point, I want MDC to keep lighting up the A and hope somebody sees trade value in him. If he's not making this years, injury riddled team, hard to think he is gonna make it when the lineup presumably gets better. I suppose he could get better quicker than the kids but I don't see that

Reactions: YearlyLottery

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
At this point, I want MDC to keep lighting up the A and hope somebody sees trade value in him. If he's not making this years, injury riddled team, hard to think he is gonna make it when the lineup presumably gets better. I suppose he could get better quicker than the kids but I don't see that
MDC has improved a lot IMO is most improved player in Bridgeport from last season along with Aho being s close second. I have hope he can play in NHL he has good hands and has improved his skating a bit which still needs to keep getting better.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Fritz can play C - Gionta should not be playing in the NHL.

If they wanted Dal Colle to stay up then Komarov or Beauvillier needed to move to C.

My guess is that Fritz plays between Clutterbuck and Johnston today. Gionta goes back to the AHL when Martin comes back.

Islanders4Cups

May 4, 2002
Boston, MA USA
Missing Cizekas, Ladd and Martin hurt this team in the short term, but Trotz and LL adjusted and the team is showing signs of improvement. There is absolutely nothing I see wrong in the roster moves made during this difficult stretch while missing true leaders on this team.

Last edited:
Reactions: dood and Lek

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
If Lou feels Brock Nelson is the real deal and re-signs him I think you re-up VF51 as well. My only concern down the middle then would be Cizikas. They need to bolster their center depth in the worst way.

This also would give them the opportunity to sign a Panarin. Let Eberle go and go all in for him.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
I feel like MDC was brought up to replace Beauvillier.... then he goes and drops a hatty on the Rangers and looks like he's back on track now. Can't blame Trotz for not slotting him into a scoring role considering the circumstances. It will be good to see how he reacts to getting demoted again... scored a goal in his first game back.

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
At least Trotz got a look at MDC in training and in a couple of games, so for now he's better off playing top minutes in BP than be stuck with Gionta on the 4th line

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
Worked for Christie Brinkley and Carol Alt.

BTW, when I was in my first year at Hofstra I saw a girl surrounded by like 10 guys and she was incredibly gorgeous. In retrospect, she looked like Carol Alt. And since I've found out since then that Carol Alt was at Hofstra the same time as me, it probably was Carol Alt. I should have marched up to her and asked her if she wanted to join me for a ride in my puke orange Datsun 210 sedan. :rolleyes:
Screw that. All you needed to do was wear a turtle neck and refuse to get dirty. She would have been yours!!

Reactions: MJF and doublechili
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland