New York Islanders: Roster Discussion: Filppula out 4 weeks; Boychuk, Eberle day to day

Status
Not open for further replies.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Regardless, I'd go hard at Panarin. He's worth the price and worth the push. His model girlfriend can still pursue her career living on Long Island. He can even live in Queens if he wanted. Close to the Island, close to the City.

And there are a number of players on the Rags who live in the city. If you want to reverse commute to practice, you can live in LI City or the East side near the tunnel and be out to Eisenhower park in 45 minutes or so. If he wants to do that, so be it.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
He’s probably a player though who’s more likely to stay effective longer. Panarin mostly relies on speed and a good shot. I don’t see him being as effective as long. The last 4-5 years of that contract will be brutal. He’s already 28 next October

Duchene is the kind of guy that if he's your #1C, you're probably struggling a bit. But if he's your #2C, you're doing real well. In our situation, it would be a 1A/1B type of thing, which is perfectly fine. If we sign Duchene for our second line and have either Brock or some middle of the road FA, we fundamentally changed the outlook of the team. Then we sign one of Nelson or Eberle and start giving some of the younger guys a look for the open spots. Maybe Filppula gets re-upped for a year. He may deserve it :dunno:

Reactions: Mr Misunderstood

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I think he has a model girlfriend who probably prefers the big city life as well.

I hate to say it, but he's going to the Rangers and will be their face of the franchise. Big city, bright lights, and big money.

I handle real estate in NYC and can find Panarin and/or his girlfriend a full time/part time place in about 3 hours. He can still play in Belmont.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Duchene is the kind of guy that if he's your #1C, you're probably struggling a bit. But if he's your #2C, you're doing real well. In our situation, it would be a 1A/1B type of thing, which is perfectly fine. If we sign Duchene for our second line and have either Brock or some middle of the road FA, we fundamentally changed the outlook of the team. Then we sign one of Nelson or Eberle and start giving some of the younger guys a look for the open spots. Maybe Filppula gets re-upped for a year. He may deserve it :dunno:

The problem with guys like Filppula is that when they take the one year deal and succeed, they then want multiple years. I'd think hard about that. Agree with Duchene.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
If you want to reverse commute to practice, you can live in LI City or the East side near the tunnel and be out to Eisenhower park in 45 minutes or so.

Yeah , if practice is at 5 am and the 2 closed lanes for overnight construction have been reopened.

LGI

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Regardless, I'd go hard at Panarin. He's worth the price and worth the push. His model girlfriend can still pursue her career living on Long Island. He can even live in Queens if he wanted. Close to the Island, close to the City.
Worked for Christie Brinkley and Carol Alt.

BTW, when I was in my first year at Hofstra I saw a girl surrounded by like 10 guys and she was incredibly gorgeous. In retrospect, she looked like Carol Alt. And since I've found out since then that Carol Alt was at Hofstra the same time as me, it probably was Carol Alt. I should have marched up to her and asked her if she wanted to join me for a ride in my puke orange Datsun 210 sedan. :rolleyes:

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Yeah , if practice is at 5 am and the 2 closed lanes for overnight construction have been reopened.

LGI

Many Rags players do it....Maybe not ideal for a family but if you're looking for the city experience, it can easily be done.

Maybe once Tito and Barzy get their next deals, they'll find a pad somewhere in Brooklyn or LIC. No offense to Mulcahy's or Sprat's on the Water, but the LI scene doesn't quite offer what the city/Brooklyn has.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Many Rags players do it....Maybe not ideal for a family but if you're looking for the city experience, it can easily be done.

Maybe once Tito and Barzy get their next deals, they'll find a pad somewhere in Brooklyn or LIC. No offense to Mulcahy's or Sprat's on the Water, but the LI scene doesn't quite offer what the city/Brooklyn has.
You’ve seen one Williamsburg bar, you’ve seen them all. No offense to what the boroughs have to offer....

crasherino

May 9, 2013
You’ve seen one Williamsburg bar, you’ve seen them all. No offense to what the boroughs have to offer....

If the man wants to ride a unicycle down Bedford Avenue whilst wearing striped pants, who are you to deny the man of his desires?

(unfortunately the handle bar mustache is no longer an option)

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
If the man wants to ride a unicycle down Bedford Avenue whilst wearing striped pants, who are you to deny the man of his desires?

(unfortunately the handle bar mustache is no longer an option)
Not me. He can live or hang out wherever he wants.

My money is on him ending up in Manhasset or Garden City. He can Lyft to some hot spot near the High Line or drink on Main St in Huntington in a muscle tee shirt and enough hair gel on him to lube the chasis of a Lincoln Navigator.

Reactions: crasherino

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc

thats quite the statement, MJF - williamsburg is freaking awesome, as is gowanus, greenpoint, lic, park slope, etc. the only thing it doesnt have is a hockey arena

Reactions: SI

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
thats quite the statement, MJF - williamsburg is freaking awesome, as is gowanus, greenpoint, lic, park slope, etc. the only thing it doesnt have is a hockey arena
I stand by my statement. You can keep hanging out in Brooklyn.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
It's already dead anyway. Has been for years now.

Yeah, all the cool kids live in (checks notes) ... Ridgewood?

tbh though, the areas of williamsburg i used to hang out in still seems pretty similar, amazingly. (my wife works at the leonard library, so w're there a bunch).

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
Yeah, all the cool kids live in (checks notes) ... Ridgewood?

tbh though, the areas of williamsburg i used to hang out in still seems pretty similar, amazingly. (my wife works at the leonard library, so w're there a bunch).

Northside and Southside are yuppie wastelands. Still a few places off of Lorimer that are decent.

And yeah, Ridgewood and Bushwick are where it's at right now.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Greenpoint is pretty much on life support too.
But they’ll have access to the G train and the 7 train if they feel like walking.

People knew the L train shutdown to Mamhattan was coming for over a year. Renters should have been on top of that if they felt that would be a life-altering inconvenience.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I love that our discussion of where we are housing Panarin has morphed into the implications of the L-Train repairs on renters' in W'Burg.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I love that our discussion of where we are housing Panarin has morphed into the implications of the L-Train repairs on renters' in W'Burg.
The only question now is whether the discussion moves on to weather or Ho Sang?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad