Zibanejad for Brassard
Chytil selection
Kravtsov over Walhstrom
Kakko
Fox trade
Miller and Lundkvist picks
Signing Panarin

Could go on and on.

Gorton makes the right move way more than he makes the wrong move, actually.

So true. You can also add a washed up Nash for a 1st, Lindgren and Spooner, then turning around and trading Spooner for Strome. Gorton has been very good, no GM is perfect.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
Kreider doing some heavy thinking about his future right about now. He's played remarkably well lately considering what is on his mind regarding his future.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
its really not hard to follow...if I agree with you = reliable source. if I disagree with you = hack. you have been around long enough that you should have grasped this basic concept by now.

Oh I know, It was the point I was trying to make lol.

Honestly, the Carp stuff sounded like pre-emptive damage control from the organization. "we made a substantial offer, they didn't budge, etc."

I'd also like to believe that Gorton isn't dumb enough to sit on this until tomorrow afternoon.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Kreider doing some heavy thinking about his future right about now. He's played remarkably well lately considering what is on his mind regarding his future.
He has played the best hockey of his career with Zibanejad as his center. Is it worth the extra say $5 million to leave that chemistry behind, both on and off the ice? Kreider is a bright man. Its not as if he wont be able to figure out a 2nd career after his playing days are over, should he need the money. He wont tho.

Reactions: belford22 and jas

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
I am guessing that some of the things that add to the NPV of the contract (e.g. front loading, bonuses vs. salary) may have been sweetened. It sounds like he will have to give up a contract year to stay with the Rangers. That’s a big sacrifice.

The N.Y. press sounds a little more optimistic than the national reporters did three hours ago.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I am guessing that some of the things that add to the NPV of the contract (e.g. front loading, bonuses vs. salary) may have been sweetened. It sounds like he will have to give up a contract year to stay with the Rangers. That’s a big sacrifice.

The N.Y. press sounds a little more optimistic than the national reporters did three hours ago.
Question is, who is more dialed in and connected? Local or National?

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Larry and Carp only know what the front office wants them to write.

Reading between the lines it sounds like the Rangers made an offer today and Kreider is sleeping on it. At this juncture every offer and counteroffer is going to have a response deadline attached to it. That Kreider hasn't responded to the latest offer doesn't necessarily mean there's been a breakdown in communication. It probably just means the deadline to respond is tomorrow.

Richard Banger

Mamba Mentality
Sep 29, 2017
Was Oklahoma now Texas

So what are you thinking? 6.5x6?

TheGortonConspiracy

Wow its a nice GM
May 2, 2017
NYC
He has played the best hockey of his career with Zibanejad as his center. Is it worth the extra say $5 million to leave that chemistry behind, both on and off the ice? Kreider is a bright man. Its not as if he wont be able to figure out a 2nd career after his playing days are over, should he need the money. He wont tho.
$5MM is a lot of money, I think a lot are underestimating how insane it would be if he took a sweetheart deal with that large of a gap

Richard Banger

Mamba Mentality
Sep 29, 2017
Was Oklahoma now Texas
Larry and Carp only know what the front office wants them to write.

Reading between the lines it sounds like the Rangers made an offer today and Kreider is sleeping on it. At this juncture every offer and counteroffer is going to a response deadline attached to it. That Kreider hasn't responded to the latest offer doesn't mean there has been a breakdown in communication. It probably just means the deadline to respond is tomorrow.
To me it means the Rangers gave Kreider an offer worth him sleeping on.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
So essentially if a new deal for Kreider isn’t announced by like 11am tomorrow, we should assume he’ll be moved by 3pm
Probably. As much as I want to retain Kreider we need to also make sure we don’t have to settle for a subpar package by waiting til the end

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
$5MM is a lot of money, I think a lot are underestimating how insane it would be if he took a sweetheart deal with that large of a gap
He’d probably be leaving more than that on the table

Assuming the final offer is somewhere in the 6.75 to 6.8 x 6 range, he’s probably leaving closer to 8 million on the table.

And that’s assuming he’s looking for 7x7, which is just a guess. He could be looking for more

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
So true. You can also add a washed up Nash for a 1st, Lindgren and Spooner, then turning around and trading Spooner for Strome. Gorton has been very good, no GM is perfect.

The Eric Staal fiasco and not trading Yandle at the deadline, keeping AV after the Ottawa series and not kickstarting the rebuild with the Stepan trade with McDonagh right behind him and instead signing Shatty and drafting Lias are really his only miscues.

Fortunately drafting Chytil later that round lessens the damage of missing on that high of a pick, trading for Fox and signing Panarin, amongst fleecing the Coyotes, Bruins, Jets and Devils for Stepan Nash, Hayes and Grabner makes up for everything else.

Not to mention the Zibanejad trade has now officially surpassed Hall for Larsson and Barzal for Reinhart as the worst trades of the last 15 years, its 2nd only to the O'Reilly trade.

This is the one day of the year where there should be no Gorton slander.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad