Speculation: Roster Building Thread XXXV: Calm Before the Storm

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
It seems like this year there has been very few leaks. Very tight lipped. We are less than 18 hours from tdl and I have no idea if he is going to sign or get traded, and if he gets traded, to which team and what comes back.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
If we re-sign Kreider, I think within 3-4 years people will be talking about how awful his contract is. Especially with the NMC/NTC it's almost sure to have. It won't be worth it, plain and simple.

Especially since he's a knee injury away from being borderline irrelevant, considering how much of his game is built around power & skating

Reactions: broadwayblue

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
Final prediction...

Kreider situation goes beyond 3pm - and he shockingly stays. No trade. No resigning. No assets coming back. Talks promise to resume after the season...Shocking.

Skjei is traded

Fast is traded

Both Lundqvist and Georgiev stay

Buchnevich stays - thereby potentially keeping the 20/93 connection together...

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
I honestly think Kreider loves it here and wants to stay. That said I can’t blame him for taking some time to think it over. He is obviously a bright guy and has plans after hockey but obviously having security is great. I still feel he would take less but the question is how much less are the Rangers asking him to take. I think Edge mentioned they are ok with 6.5 per for 6 years and would possibly push it to 6.75. I think that’s pretty good. We shall see

Reactions: belford22

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Final prediction...

Kreider situation goes beyond 3pm - and he shockingly stays. No trade. No resigning. No assets coming back. Talks promise to resume after the season...Shocking.

Skjei is traded

Fast is traded

Both Lundqvist and Georgiev stay

Buchnevich stays - thereby potentially keeping the 20/93 connection together...

That would be awful

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
He also mentions that Kreider will have until mid morning tomorrow and if he doesn’t agree Gorton will take afternoon to hammer out trade

(I’m paraphrasing but you get the gist)
Rangers doing a nice job with this, if true.

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
While Kreider would be leaving money on the table if he didn't get a 7th year, he would likely recoup some of that back if he is still a somewhat productive player by his 6th year. What will be the going rate for an middle six mid thirties winger in 2026?

Not saying he would/should look at it like that. It is a calculated risk though.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
If we re-sign Kreider, I think within 3-4 years people will be talking about how awful his contract is. Especially with the NMC/NTC it's almost sure to have. It won't be worth it, plain and simple.

Especially since he's a knee injury away from being borderline irrelevant, considering how much of his game is built around power & skating
Sooo now were just assuming he is going to sustain a serious knee injury...

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
i dont have the time to look but does anyone have any comparables for CK to see where the sweet spot might be for a deal ?

i continue to believe gorton has told kreiders team that the term is the issue

hes taken a ton of heat over the girardi and staal deals. he does not want another albatross contract.

5 x 7.75
6 x 6.5

thats gotta be the offer. its under 40 m

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Sooo now were just assuming he is going to sustain a serious knee injury...

Uhhhh, where'd you get that? My point was that if that happens, there's a good likelihood that he never comes close to his current level again

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
i dont have the time to look but does anyone have any comparables for CK to see where the sweet spot might be for a deal ?

i continue to believe gorton has told kreiders team that the term is the issue

hes taken a ton of heat over the girardi and staal deals. he does not want another albatross contract.

5 x 7.75
6 x 6.5

thats gotta be the offer. its under 40 m

Anders Lee 7×7, depending on who you ask Kreider is either way better or way worse than Lee

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Panarin left way more than that.

The most is SJ offering Tavares $13 million x 7 (what a bullet they dodged there)
True then they were hit with a bazooka after the trade for then signing long term of EK.
Very happy we didn't go for either of those guys.

Last edited:

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Uhhhh, where'd you get that? My point was that if that happens, there's a good likelihood that he never comes close to his current level again

Knee injury or not I still fear that whoever signs Kreider will regret it by year 2-3, that's just how these things work. As soon as his speed goes he is done since he doesn't have some great hockey IQ to rely on

Reactions: UnSandvich
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->