Speculation: Roster Building Thread XXXV: Calm Before the Storm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Also, something that should be considered in evaluating Jost is his draft year and just how wild our own prospect pool from that year is. Look at the players the Rangers have in the system (in order of draft position):

Gauthier
Howden
Hajek
Lindgren
Fox
Day
Reunanen
Rykov
Gettinger
Fontaine
Wall
Ronning

In just that group of players there are college guys, guys floundering in the ECHL, guys working through the AHL, some with European / KHL league experience, top-4 NHL defensemen, and a couple of forwards trying to figure out their game in the NHL. So to call Jost a bust when some of our own hopeful players from that year have yet to even crack the NHL is just ridiculous.

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
It's just not going to happen. Those kinds of prospects do not get traded for rentals.
You could also argue that prospects like Bowers, Beaucage and Ranta are prospects that do get traded for rentals.
I'd take Bowers and either one of Beaucage or Ranta over Jost who along with Kamanev are the first prospects from Colorado that get tossed on the table... that's for a reason.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Why do we close our threads at 1,000 posts when I see some team forums with threads over 2,000

Reactions: mean machine

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Because we aren't savages
768750546c21d5da3d5b14ca3d8f46b9.jpg

Reactions: EpicDing

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
You know, I’m tninking, the Rangers would ideally like to keep Kreider, Kreider would ideally like to stay in NY, there should be a way to get it done.

Hockeyplayer99

Jul 31, 2005
So its gonna be 3pm tomorrow and we will either have Kreider or not. My guess is we are not going to get much for him because alot of teams already made there moves and are now out. Teams still in are maybe Avs who will offer us garbage and possibly Islanders whose 1st might be good, but prob a garbage prospect. I hope I am wrong but I don't have any faith in Gorton, he like Gordie Clark always think they are the smartest ones and always make the wrong moves.

Reactions: Tossed Medal

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
So its gonna be 3pm tomorrow and we will either have Kreider or not. My guess is we are not going to get much for him because alot of teams already made there moves and are now out. Teams still in are maybe Avs who will offer us garbage and possibly Islanders whose 1st might be good, but prob a garbage prospect. I hope I am wrong but I don't have any faith in Gorton, he like Gordie Clark always think they are the smartest ones and always make the wrong moves.
Please elaborate on all these wrong moves o holy one; be sure to include all of his moves and tell me if they fall into the good move or bad move category

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->