Speculation: Roster Building Thread XXXV: Calm Before the Storm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
So does Carp know nothing or something? It's hard to keep up because the narrative keeps changing depending which side of this you're on.

Im on the 90% hes gone train now. Either he has to cave or its sayonara.
I’m 100% sure the Rangers leaked that to Carp deliberately. The dude has almost zero inside info, yet comes out with something that makes the Rangers not the bad guy when they trade Kreider tomorrow.

What one side feels is “substantial” might be borderline insulting to the other.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
To me it means the Rangers gave Kreider an offer worth him sleeping on.
I think when you have been with one organization your whole career and you genuinely love it there then whatever the offer is when you are told "this is our final offer" you are going to sleep on it regardless. Even if you knew as soon as you saw it that you should turn it down.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
if the rumors are true that the rangers are only willing to go 6 years and he wants 7, then hank has nothing to do with it. they clearly think they can make the cap room for next year or the offer wouldn't be out there. making it easier to fit him next year doesn't mean a 7th year suddenly makes sense
to be fair, the national pundits repeat obvious things feigning they know something

Reactions: NYRangers0723

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I'm still half expecting a trade tomorrow that has nothing to do with either Kreider or Fast, but I could be wrong.

I suppose "packages" of players attached to either deal could happen as well.

Sending Buchnevich along with Kreider would cripple us at the wing position, so I'm not advocating it, but I see the logic there.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
I read this as whoever BRINKS first. Which also works in a back up the truck kind of way.

More just making fun of Larry's misspelling, not that I should, my writing/grammar is not good.

I'm better at spotting what will become bad contracts.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I'm still half expecting a trade tomorrow that has nothing to do with either Kreider or Fast, but I could be wrong.

Sending Buchnevich along with Kreider would cripple us at the wing position, so I'm not advocating it, but I see the logic there.

I've had this feeling for a while.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Switching gears, hard to believe the Rangers would trade Hank before he's been given some kind of going away party. I was at the Garden for the Sharks game and there wasn't any inkling in the production that this could be Hank's last night in a Rangers jersey.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
it may well be this whole thing is hinging on henrik

the money to resign kreider is there if hank is moved.

CK gets his 6/7.5 deal and this team retains a very important piece.

henrik gets his chance to chase a cup. sadly, and im a huge hank fanboy, i think its too late. both shesty and georgie, at this point, are better than hank is.

maybe he can catch fire and make a run. i just think his ability to steal games or a series, isnt there anymore.

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.

Honestly, if they're going to not play Hank, I'd love to see him get traded. Don't care about the return, but the guy should be playing somewhere. Assuming of course that Hank is agreeable to it.

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
That would be awful

Not if they trade Skjei to free up the money IMO. Trade from a place of strength and all that jazz. Would depend on Brady's return though of course.

Don't see it happening so it's all hypothetical, but I wouldn't hate it. Just gives CK all the leverage.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Colorado is not trading for Lundqvist, that's insanity. They just gave Francouz a 2 year extension and he has 16 wins with a
2.27 GAA and .927 SV%... what more could you possibly ask for from a backup?!?!?!?

Edit of course if Grubauer is out for the year that does change things

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
He has played the best hockey of his career with Zibanejad as his center. Is it worth the extra say $5 million to leave that chemistry behind, both on and off the ice? Kreider is a bright man. Its not as if he wont be able to figure out a 2nd career after his playing days are over, should he need the money. He wont tho.

On the flip side, he’s had the best season of his career with all eyes on him in his walk year, the first and only shot at a massive payoff that he’s worked his entire career towards.

After he retires he’ll hopefully have 50 more years to look back and enjoy it all and live off that final contract.

An extra 5-10 million is hard to walk away from if you really think about the future. These are young guys with a long way to go and being the intelligent man he is I’m sure he realizes you can’t make this type of decision lightly and base it on how well a single year or single chapter of your life has gone.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
If we re-sign Kreider, I think within 3-4 years people will be talking about how awful his contract is. Especially with the NMC/NTC it's almost sure to have. It won't be worth it, plain and simple.
I tend to agree with this. It’s not a coincidence that a lot of non-Ranger fans believe most of the numbers being thrown out for Kreider are absurd

That said I am starting to lean towards them getting this done. Rangers have kinda shown their hand a little, I wouldn’t be shocked to see them cave on the AAV and give him 7x6 with full NMC

Reactions: NYRKING30

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
I tend to agree with this. It’s not a coincidence that a lot of non-Ranger fans believe most of the numbers being thrown out for Kreider are absurd

That said I am starting to lean towards them getting this done. Rangers have kinda shown their hand a little, I wouldn’t be shocked to see them cave on the AAV and give him 7x6 with full NMC

Hard no on that contract from me chief

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Could be that the Rangers gave Kreider until midnight to either take their final offer or walk away. I'm going to be pretty irked if Gorton lets Keator negotiate right up until the deadline. This is why I was hoping they'd set that "take it or leave it" deadline earlier this past week instead of wasting the weekend going back and forth.

You can't let Kreider negotiate up to the deadline. As the article says, gotta move Kreider by giving other teams the ability to put the deal together.

And you'd like to have time to move some other guys as well.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Final prediction...

Kreider situation goes beyond 3pm - and he shockingly stays. No trade. No resigning. No assets coming back. Talks promise to resume after the season...Shocking.

No.

They will deal him and promise to talk in the offseason if they want to revisit a contract.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
You can't let Kreider negotiate up to the deadline. As the article says, gotta move Kreider by giving other teams the ability to put the deal together.

And you'd like to have time to move some other guys as well.

I think the Rangers have a pretty good idea of whats on the table from other teams.

If they don't, the entire front office should be thrown off of the chase bridge.

Reactions: UnSandvich
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->