Speculation: Roster Building Thread XXXI: Insert Title

Status
Not open for further replies.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
It's your over the top responses that are what's ridiculous. You are sarcastically saying things like "I’m not even sure what a proper sendoff is these days. A retirement tour? Parade? Shed some tears? Free car ceremony?" just because people want to treat Henrik's situation with respect.

Sorry if I missed this, but can you explain what you mean by "treat with respect"? I don't see how the Rangers have been disrespectful to him at all here.

Reactions: bl02

Fireonk

Jan 10, 2006
Sorry if I missed this, but can you explain what you mean by "treat with respect"? I don't see how the Rangers have been disrespectful to him at all here.

I actually don't personally think they have been disrepectful. I can see why it's upsetting to others to see a player of his stature completely phased out almost overnight though.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I think it would be bad form to trade a guy on the mom's trip but I'm also not sure Gorton really cares as long as he gets his price

Reactions: Leetch3

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
And the Rangers are just a sports team. Yet people are still attached to them.
It's a piece of entertainment.

But also, it makes more sense to be attached to the TEAM than the players. Players come and go, the team is forever. Henrik just another player passing through at the end of the day.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Seriously, who scheduled the Moms Trip right before the Trade Deadline?

I hope Gorton and JD aren't on the trip. Kreider's mom looks like she has a heavy handbag..

I hope Kreider’s mom understands multiple languages like her son.

“Can somebody please translate (your son was traded) in Russian?”

Going to be a great trip!!!!

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
What the **** is florida doing???

Not sure Florida has an idea what it wants to do. Pending UFA wingers that would probably net 1st rounders in Hoffman and Dadonov, but they have Barkov and Huberdeau that are legit superstar players on team friendly deals. They have to maximize those contracts. Signed Bob to that insane deal and it's just not working.

Their best play is probably to sell and retool going into next season. If those two hit the market, demand for Kreider is going to drop. Market becomes saturated with top 6 wingers. Does Florida have a mandate to make the playoffs? It is year 1 for Q there, but if they miss when the Atlantic is really weak, it's tough to sell to their fans. Going to be hard for whoever finishes 3rd to beat Tampa/Boston. Really wonder what their fans are thinking when I believe they all thought that they could push and contend with the top teams in the East.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
I actually don't personally think they have been disrepectful. I can see why it's upsetting to others to see a player of his stature completely phased out almost overnight though.

But that's the thing, it hasn't been overnight. It's been exactly 2 years in the making. February 8th, 2018 was the date the letter to the fans went out.

Ever since that day the Rangers have seemingly gone out of their way to keep Hank in the loop regarding everything. "We're going to give more time to Georgie, we're telling you now. If you want to evaluate your options to move on let us know"..."Shestorkin is coming over, if he plays well in Hartford we're going to call him up. There's a very real possibility that we're going to have 3 goalies and our plan is to play the kids. Again if you want to discuss your options let us know"...it's all been met with "I want to stay".

The Rangers have bent over backwards to keep Hank and his camp in the loop. That alone shows the level of respect they have for him.

Fireonk

Jan 10, 2006

But also, it makes more sense to be attached to the TEAM than the players. Players come and go, the team is forever. Henrik just another player passing through at the end of the day.

He has been the starting goalie for 15 years. For some Rangers fan he is literally the only goalie they have ever known. Now I am a bit older, and you might be as well, but for some they have been a fan of his just as long as the team.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Compare the goalies on the roster to the LD on the roster though.

Even in that case, I think it makes more sense to trade Geo than to buy out Hank. It's one thing if Hank asks to be moved, I'm game with that. The buy out nonsense is just dumb, you don't do this to guys like him.

We could literally pick up a D off the scrap heap at league minimum who would outperform Staal.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Not sure Florida has an idea what it wants to do. Pending UFA wingers that would probably net 1st rounders in Hoffman and Dadonov, but they have Barkov and Huberdeau that are legit superstar players on team friendly deals. They have to maximize those contracts. Signed Bob to that insane deal and it's just not working.

Their best play is probably to sell and retool going into next season. If those two hit the market, demand for Kreider is going to drop. Market becomes saturated with top 6 wingers. Does Florida have a mandate to make the playoffs? It is year 1 for Q there, but if they miss when the Atlantic is really weak, it's tough to sell to their fans. Going to be hard for whoever finishes 3rd to beat Tampa/Boston. Really wonder what their fans are thinking when I believe they all thought that they could push and contend with the top teams in the East.
To me it’s criminal not competing for that third spot in the Atlantic. You brought in a HOF coach and goalie in his “prime” and literally are pretty much tied with an overrated leafs team and you contemplate selling? Especially for a team that hasn’t won shit in years??? What a joke they are if they do that

Fireonk

Jan 10, 2006
But that's the thing, it hasn't been overnight. It's been exactly 2 years in the making. February 8th, 2018 was the date the letter to the fans went out.

Ever since that day the Rangers have seemingly gone out of their way to keep Hank in the loop regarding everything. "We're going to give more time to Georgie, we're telling you now. If you want to evaluate your options to move on lets us know"..."Shestorkin is coming over, if he plays well in Hartford we're going to call him up. There's a very real possibility that we're going to have 3 goalies and our plan is to play the kids. Again if you want to discuss your options let us know"...it's all been met with "I want to stay".

The Rangers have bent over backwards to keep Hank and his camp in the loop. That alone shows the level of respect they have for him.

I don't think he anticipated being the #3 goalie by this point and not getting a game in weeks when that letter came out. Again, I don't think the Rangers have done him any wrong, but I understand why it's hard for some people to take.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
I don't think he anticipated being the #3 goalie by this point and not getting a game in weeks when that letter came out. Again, I don't think the Rangers have done him any wrong, but I understand why it's hard for some people to take.

Agree to disagree - I think it was made very clear to Hank prior to the season that things could play out this way.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Apparently Bob McKenzie was on Leafs Lunch on Monday stating the Leafs may be forced to trade their 1st in 2021 in order to secure defensive help. Could that be the team now pushing for Skjei? With the recent addition of Malgin, maybe that does push a guy like Kapanen + TOR 1st '21 for Skjei as a deal. And then Gorton has another deal lined up to move Buch for a guy like Hanifan

mulli25

Jun 25, 2008
NJ
Sorry if it's been answered before, but why do people believe Tony D would be better on the left side despite being a RHD?

The thought is that his performance wouldn't suffer, and it would open up the roster to get more ice time for our higher performing d-men.

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019

Just another player? Lol c'mon now. He's a top 5 Ranger of all time, maybe even #1. The guy is a legend. It's ok for fans to be attached to players, there's no right way to root for a team. Some care about numbers, some care about players. People can do what they want.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Apparently Bob McKenzie was on Leafs Lunch on Monday stating the Leafs may be forced to trade their 1st in 2021 in order to secure defensive help. Could that be the team now pushing for Skjei? With the recent addition of Malgin, maybe that does push a guy like Kapanen + TOR 1st '21 for Skjei as a deal. And then Gorton has another deal lined up to move Buch for a guy like Hanifan
That would be quite the restructure of the roster.

Is Hanifan + Kapanen + 2021 1st better than Skjei + Buch?

I would have to say yes the outlook is better moving forward with the ‘21 1st and the younger Hanifan but I know some are not big on Noah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad