Speculation: Roster Building Thread XXXI: Insert Title

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York

Buch? Strome? Both have term or some control.

giphy.gif

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
Risto, Montour and Miller all kinda suck don't they? Plus they're all RD which the Rangers really don't need. No point at all in a trade like that

I'm not saying this b/c I think the rangers should go after him (they shouldn't), but does Risto stink? He's put up 40pts 4 years in a row.

He seems like the kind of guy who going to get traded to a team where he can slide behind a true 1RDH, escape the hellhole that is the Buffalo Sabers and be just fine.

Vinny

Aug 10, 2011
London
I don't expect him to pay for my groceries or take care of me when I'm sick. I have a job and a wife for those sort of things. But it doesn't mean I don't admire what he's accomplished here. He provided the fans without a lot of unreal memories. Those playoff runs were amazing.

And if people want to be sad when he leaves, what do you care? You telling other people how to be a fan is kind of a joke. I get it's cool to be a pretend cold-hearted GM around here, dig into them numbers and build a dynasty, and if that's how you enjoy the Rangers, good on you. Odd though, you go to a game and see people wearing lots of Rangers jerseys with, eek, players names on the back! Bet you think they're a bunch of suckers too because Hank couldn't pick their face out of a lineup.

well, you make a very good point. What do you Hank lovers care? Cause it is the complete other way around. At the end of the day it is to each his own, but everytime I mention anything bad about Hank I am being jumped on by fanboys like you, on Facebook the female Rangers fans go wild, what makes good fun.:)

On your other slight stupid note, that people like me do not warship the king like others do, I would not change my looks for his, ever. I am not jealous of his private life or whatever he does. I am jealous of the fact he plays for the New York Rangers yes and I am not. Outside that my life is awesome.

so take your own advice, and do not jump on everybody that has a different view of the king. And yes he is a top 10 all time Ranger, everybody can fill for himself where he slots.

Reactions: NYSPORTS

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Unless he's totally BS'ing Army is out of the Kreider race. Sucks if true.
Maybe a Kreider/Fast combo to Avs is most realistic thing right now. Or if miracle a Kreider/Hank combo

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
well, you make a very good point. What do you Hank lovers care? Cause it is the complete other way around. At the end of the day it is to each his own, but everytime I mention anything bad about Hank I am being jumped on by fanboys like you, on Facebook the female Rangers fans go wild, what makes good fun.:)

On your other slight stupid note, that people like me do not warship the king like others do, I would not change my looks for his, ever. I am not jealous of his private life or whatever he does. I am jealous of the fact he plays for the New York Rangers yes and I am not. Outside that my life is awesome.

so take your own advice, and do not jump on everybody that has a different view of the king. And yes he is a top 10 all time Ranger, everybody can fill for himself where he slots.

I'm gonna let you in on a little secret, I don't worship Hank, I never did. I appreciate everything he did here and marvel about how he dragged bad teams into the playoffs and how he performed once he got there but I think it's his time to go. I didn't jump on anyone.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Unless he's totally BS'ing Army is out of the Kreider race. Sucks if true.
Maybe a Kreider/Fast combo to Avs is most realistic thing right now. Or if miracle a Kreider/Hank combo

It would be a bummer if STL wasn’t in on the bidding. I think in that case it comes down to COL, BOS with TOR, NYI, CAR as outside contenders. The best prospect options live with the Avs and it’s not a great situation if nobody else in the west is bidding for Kreider.

If the Avs aren’t putting up and the Blues are out, a Kreider resigning becomes more realistic. I think we’re up from 10% to 20% on that likelihood.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
It’s pretty simple.

1) The two best goalies on the team right now are Igor and Alex.

2) Both young goalies are cost controlled for multiple years.

3) Trading or buying out Hank helps us retain or offer long term deals to the right group of players (Kreider?, DeAngelo, Strome, Fast). Getting those deals right will allow more flexibility to sign Chytil, Fox, and Kakko long term in the future.

4) This team plans to contend the next two seasons and doesn’t need to make a decision on either goalie until then. Both project to be more valuable after two established seasons.

5) Wall and Huska are both trending toward being capable backups when the time comes to move Georgiev.

6) Plenty of contending teams in recent years have rolled with two goalies

Unless there is a great return for Georgiev, sustainability is not a concern. Keeping him is clearly best short and long term decision for the team over the alternative. The Rangers brass is showing that they know this with their recent starter decisions.
1. Igor is the clear starter Imo and if you look at both Hank and Georgiev's numebers they're basically the same, their advanced stats as well.
2. Georgiev is a RFA after this year and will def get a raise, Igor is under contract for two. Gonna have to pay both sooner rather then later.
3. A fair point but I personally believe both Fast and Kreider are gone at the tdl and good chance Strome is gone between now and the draft. Also as I said in my original post the savings on a Hank trade/buy-out almost all that money will go to Georgiev anyway.
4. I think we're just prolonging the obvious choice then. Georgiev's value seems very high rn I don't think it gets much higher.
5. I agree Wall looks like he can be a decent backup in the future, but if he isnt ready in 2 years we can sign another backup for the future.
6. As I said in the first point Igor and Hank is basically the same as Igor and Georgiev. As for beyond 2020-2021 I trust our org and Allaire to be able to find a good backup in the future as we have done in the past with Talbot and Raanta and now Georgiev.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->