Speculation: Roster Building Thread XXX: Cue Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
just my opinion but i cant believe anyone who has been to montreal would put montreal on their no-trade list.
I can. If I was Kreider, Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa, Winnipeg would all be on my list. And frankly, I’m glad it’s an irrelevant team like the Habs on the list as opposed to maybe a team like Colorado that is actually a good fit.

Reactions: Alluckks

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
does anyone know why - on my pc, a pretty new one - twitter posts aren't appearing when i read threads here? I'm using chrome fwiw. i dont have this issue on my phone.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
I have never been to VAN but it sounds beautiful and I'm sure it is. .

Weather is just like Seattle.

It’s pretty yet they have they have a severe homeless problem. A lot of the homeless crowd the coffee shops and are kinda everywhere. It kinda puts a damper on the place.

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
Labanc, Jost, Athanasiou.

Those are the forwards I would be looking at in a deal around Georgiev. All skate and would give us much needed depth in the top 9, extending certain players to the 4th line
AA is the type of forward we should be looking for. Same with Labanc although I feel like the Sharks would t necessarily want to move him. Jost doesn’t excite or do anything for me personally I don’t have an interest in him. I’d take some teams #1 prospect if it meant getting no pick. It’s time to shoot for quality.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Montreal is gorgeous but it sure is cold.
indeed - i used to slip and fall on the ice every day in the winter. not to mention the endless freezing and thawing cycle the body endures. but we've got cold cities in the US too. so i can't imagine the weather would the concern - particularly for a guy from Boston.

Reactions: NYSPORTS

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
indeed - i used to slip and fall on the ice every day in the winter. not to mention the endless freezing and thawing cycle the body endures. but we've got cold cities in the US too. so i can't imagine the weather would the concern - particularly for a guy from Boston.

Boston is cold and windy but it doesn’t really start until around Thanksgiving. Around April when the City turns into Sox Nation it’s nicer and milder. Those Montréal temps appear to rival Lake Placid at times. It is a pretty City though.

Konamic Ice Hockey

Jun 13, 2012
Seattle
I have never been to VAN but it sounds beautiful and I'm sure it is. Personally, I'd much rather play in VAN or MTL than TOR for example. Or Detroit or Minneapolis, for that matter. In fact, i wonder if the expectation re Kreider's no-trade list is based on anything but speculation. I have no idea, i'm just wondering if Kreider would legit say 'no' to Montreal but 'yes' to, say, Dallas or Columbus.

From the little I know about him but the fact that he likes language, I can assume he finds cultures interesting and I would think he would be into some of the more diverse cities. If I found language and culture interesting I would like to play in places like NY, MON, VAN, LA and Miami. I think he probably can be talked into most cities since he will only have a half season to play before he chooses where he plays.

Reactions: egelband

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
It's probably just financially driven. Higher tax rate in Canada.
if that's the case, i'd be curious to know what the bottom-line difference is. i know they have a higher overall tax rate but NY is pretty high itself and then there's propertly and local taxes. i have never heard an actual number on the percentage difference. Plus, if it's just for a few months, does it really make a huge difference?
anyhow, i'm not trying to be contrarian. i'm just digging into CK's no-trade list.

Last edited:

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
ERBros9WsAADkYy

Kaapo looks like he wanted to be home having soup 3 hours ago. Ruff looking at the camera how I look at Ruff. Lindgren should have worn a monocle on the bruised eye. Skjei looks photoshopped in with the best picture they found of him.

Konamic Ice Hockey

Jun 13, 2012
Seattle
Labanc, Jost, Athanasiou.

Those are the forwards I would be looking at in a deal around Georgiev. All skate and would give us much needed depth in the top 9, extending certain players to the 4th line
I want Labanc, I think his game is just too good of a fit for DQ's system, not to at least kick the tires on him

Reactions: RGY

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
does anyone know why - on my pc, a pretty new one - twitter posts aren't appearing when i read threads here? I'm using chrome fwiw. i dont have this issue on my phone.
Could be an adblocker. You may also want to try updating Chrome.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
ERBros9WsAADkYy

Kaapo looks like he wanted to be home having soup 3 hours ago. Ruff looking at the camera how I look at Ruff. Lindgren should have worn a monocle on the bruised eye. Skjei looks photoshopped in with the best picture they found of him.

It took me a solid 2 mins to figure out who tf the guy in blue in the second row is (reasonably positive it's Igor)

Reactions: Tob

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX
if that's the case, i'd be curious to know what the bottom-line difference is. i know they have a higher overall tax rate but NY is pretty high itself and then there's propertly and local taxes. i have never heard an actual number on the percentage difference. Plus, if it's just for a few months, does it really make a huge difference?
anyhow, i'm not trying to be combative. i'm just digging into CK's no-trade list.

I read something like athletes pay up to 53.5% in Canada. This articles touches on it. American Athletes Pay More in Toronto | Crowe Soberman LLP

I'm sure for a rental it's not a huge difference, but it might be a much bigger incentive to avoid Canada at the beginning of a year or with more term on your contract.

Reactions: egelband

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Brooks again implying that DeAngelo is on the block. If they pick signing Kreider over DeAngelo I think I’d flip my ****. Unless the return for DeAngelo is staggering.

It would be just about the dumbest thing this team could do short of getting a surefire stud the same age or younger.

I think Larry is wish casting a bit though.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForConnSmythe
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I have never been to VAN but it sounds beautiful and I'm sure it is. Personally, I'd much rather play in VAN or MTL than TOR for example. Or Detroit or Minneapolis, for that matter. In fact, i wonder if the expectation re Kreider's no-trade list is based on anything but speculation. I have no idea, i'm just wondering if Kreider would legit say 'no' to Montreal but 'yes' to, say, Dallas or Columbus.
Most dreary & depressing major city on Earth. I’m very well travelled and I don’t think I’ve ever been to a city as rude as Vancouver, it is literally not even commonplace for people to greet you when you walk into a store. No one asks how you’re doing, strangers don’t talk to you unless it’s homeless people begging for money or thugs jumping you with bear mace & batons. The government is also insanely corrupt and props up any company who lobbies them and grants them monopoly status. Uber/Lyft weren’t even allowed here until like a month ago because of how in bed the taxi unions are with the government, and now that they’re here they still have to jump through a ton of regulations placed on them so it’s not profitable. There’s a 40% tax on parking spots. Just a ridiculous city, and any picture you find that looks beautiful is taken on the one of 30 days you can actually see the skyline and mountains because it’s always grey and rainy

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Mikko Rantanen just took a hard spill into the boards and went to the dressing room holding his shoulder. If that's anything serious/long-term, Colorado could need another Top 6 winger

Reactions: Tob

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
I know its a rental, and some people are saying the return is a lot, but that seems kind of low for Toffoli. A nondescript bottom-sixer, a smallish recent 3rd rd pick, a 2nd and a conditional 4th for a 27 year old 30-50 pt scorer.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Brooks screaming about needing cap space while blowing his load at the thought of keeping Kreider is funny

It’s very simple Larry, just don’t re-sign Kreider

Also Georgiev should be traded in the next week. Needs to be done. He’s not going to be a starter in this league.

I’ll take the legacy of Henrik going out on his own terms and whatever they get back for Georgiev now, as opposed to this Frankenstein send off bullshit Brooks is trying to concoct for the summer

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I think Krieder's will go to the Blues. I think they'll get around the following:

2020 1st
2022 2nd
Kyrou/Kostin
Mikkola

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
ERBros9WsAADkYy

Chytil looks like he found the secret stash that Hayes left behind and Drury looks like he just smelled a fart.

Buch looks like the responsible party for said fart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad