Speculation: Roster building thread XXIV:

Status
Not open for further replies.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Uh, yeah. It was literally in my post.

He has a good motor and some evident talent that he hasn’t capitalized on. But there’s nothing particularly specific about him that makes him an attractive target. I can’t point to size, speed, physicality, a plus shot, two way acumen, or anything specific that makes Jost’s game feel like it gets you excited. I more just hope that if we acquired him he could kind of put together some sort of consistency as a 40+ point guy. And I didn’t mean for that to be isolated to you, you’re always an informed poster with valid opinions. If you’re higher on Jost than I am there’s nothing wrong with that. It’s only my individual opinion that it’s his draft pedigree that has most people interested. I don’t think it’s impossible for him to, for instance, switch to the wing and mesh in a new environment. It’s just my opinion that he’ll be a sort of nondescript borderline top sixer who isn’t well suited to a bottom six role.

Last edited:

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
The thing about people from Boston that I’ve learned now that I’m a New Yorker living in Boston (I am not a Bostonian let me make that clear) is that they really friggen love Boston. I can’t see Kreider passing up an opportunity to sign long term for them vs say a Colorado throwing money at him. He’s going to stay on the East coast and as close to Fenway as possible.
Philly and Boston fans tend to be crazy( we know this) When i visited Boston their whole identity revolved around the “Yankees sucking” it was actual Dunkin’ Donuts theme. It was on cups, napkins signs. Every store had “ f*** jeter” and “ Yankees suck” shirts for sale. It’s such an odd thing to see. I also recall I’ve visiting philly and my significant other was wearing a I love Ny shirt ( it was a emergency buy. I forgot What happened to their shirt) anyways we were actually stopped by a guy and he legit said “ you love ny? You need a I love Philly shirt”. Being a New Yorker that attitude is so foreign to me. Not saying we’re better but we just have so many people from other states living and visiting here we wouldn’t dream of that sorta behavior.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Maybe throw Buch over on LW when Kreider is moved
Kakko on the top line with them
Lemmy play with Panarin and Strome; he has a solid net presence and can also keep Panarin protected
What is evident is that we need to get some solid wingers to play with Chytil if Kakko is being moved (as he should be)

Buch Zib Kakko
Panarin Strome Lemmy
Jost Chytil Kapenan
Smith Howden Fast

Actually a pretty solid forward core for the rest of the year; ideally you upgrade 1LW and 2RW and move Lemmy to 4th line

NernieBichols

Aug 8, 2011
Somebody owes me his fresh chytil jersey.

You can afford a new one right. You’ve been a man since you were 18.

Pay up big boy

(Oh I forgot you quickly moved the goalposts) ;)

Last edited:

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I can’t recall so many mini-rollercoasters within a given season. Consistently playing up - and down - to the level of competition. Emotionally drained. Need resolution to the goalie situation. Need player personnel resolution. Increasingly anxious to rid ourselves of a select few. Also cannot recall a time in which so many young potentially ‘core’ pieces were question marks. Need resolution.

LOL...welcome to the throes of the rebuild we are currently in!!

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
So... 10 days off and No games to talk about. 2 game losing streak and POs a pipe dream. This thread (and its obvious plethora of successors) is going to get quite unbearable for awhile me thinks...

We can talk about Kakko's best game as a Ranger that he played tonight for a week or two...lol

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
can't wait for Vince Z. Merciliacado's article tomorrow that's suppose to be a candid conversation with Kaapo.

Reactions: Leetch3

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Wonder if the Leafs would mind if we borrowed Underhill for a few weeks this coming July and let her do her thang with Kappo...hmmmm...lol

I would feel more comfortable if he trains with Hannu Rautala in Finland. At that young age, I think it's beneficial to have your off-season workout in a more familiar setting.

Reactions: Maximus

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The Rangers are just one point better this season than last season.

21-20-7 after 48 games in 2018-19 49 points

23-21-4 after 48 games in 2019-20 50 points

The Rangers played 48 games in both seasons heading into the ASB.

For the all of the hoopla and fanfare about Artemi Panarin and Jason Trouba last summer, they are one point better.

Panarin can't play any better. Mika Zibanejad missed 13 games with a neck injury but he has been terrific. The Rangers goaltending has been very good on most nights. Not that many bad performances. Their D has a million points.

With all of that, the Rangers are just one point better this season.

The Rangers are ten points out of the last wildcard. If Columbus beats Winnipeg tonight, the Rangers will be 11 points out of the last wildcard. Winnipeg is playing their third road game in four nights and back to back road games. The Rangers will have 2-3 games in hand. The Rangers have had 2-3 games in hand on every team this season. The Rangers played 3 games in the first 17 days this season and still have 2-3 games in hand on the teams ahead of them after 48 games played. They will pay for that in February and March.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site

For the all of the hoopla and fanfare about Artemi Panarin and Jason Trouba last summer, they are one point better.

Panarin can't play any better. Mika Zibanejad missed 13 games with a neck injury but he has been terrific. The Rangers goaltending has been very good on most nights. Not that many bad performances. Their D has a million points.

The Rangers are ten points out of the last wildcard. If Columbus beats Winnipeg tonight, the Rangers will be 11 points out of the last wildcard. Winnipeg is playing their third road game in four nights and back to back road games. The Rangers will have 2-3 games in hand. The Rangers have had 2-3 games in hand on every team this season. The Rangers played 3 games in the first 17 days this season and still have 2-3 games in hand on the teams ahead of them after 48 games played. They will pay for that in February and March.
well, they are certainly playing like New Yorkers then :(

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA

I think the problem is a couple of things.
  • Lack of quality depth at Forward and on the left side on D. You can only have your best players out there for so long each game. You will get exposed for the lack of depth over the course of a season.
  • Lack of experience/growing pains for the youth of the team. This was bound to be an issue with such a young team (youngest in the league).

Continuing player development for the remainder of the season will be key. Try ADA and/or Fox on the left for long periods during 5v5 situations. Give Keane a chance later in the season to see what they've got in him. Keep putting Kakko and Chytil in top line positions and PP time. Eventually bring up Kravstov.

That should be the focus for the rest of the season and then that will give the front office a good idea what they can do in the offseason.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
I think the problem is a couple of things.

The "problem" is we're comparing a team that sold off just before the deadline, again, for a bunch of assets with the team fielding the youngest lineup in the league.

If anything, I think the Rangers have performed better than expected fielding a bunch of rookies and really young players with significant minutes each and every night. Kakko. Fox. Lindgren. Hajek. Igor. Georgiev. Andersson. Howden. Chytil.

Leave it to RB to spin it as a negative when, really, no one had ANY expectations about this year - Panarin or not.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Somebody owes me his fresh chytil jersey.

You can afford a new one right. You’ve been a man since you were 18.

Pay up big boy

(Oh I forgot you quickly moved the goalposts) ;)

I’m assuming this is at me for some reason?

but I don’t get it although someone is obviously super salty

And what’s the man at 18 thing?

Last edited:

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn

I am counting on that.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
The "problem" is we're comparing a team that sold off just before the deadline, again, for a bunch of assets with the team fielding the youngest lineup in the league.

If anything, I think the Rangers have performed better than expected fielding a bunch of rookies and really young players with significant minutes each and every night. Kakko. Fox. Lindgren. Hajek. Igor. Georgiev. Andersson. Howden. Chytil.

Leave it to RB to spin it as a negative when, really, no one had ANY expectations about this year - Panarin or not.

Yes that's what I called out. Young team growing pains and lack of depth. And that's not a bad thing as this is a development year and still in a rebuild.

The lack of depth is due to the selloff and overall direction of the team.

Last edited:
Reactions: RGY

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Philly and Boston fans tend to be crazy( we know this) When i visited Boston their whole identity revolved around the “Yankees sucking” it was actual Dunkin’ Donuts theme. It was on cups, napkins signs. Every store had “ **** jeter” and “ Yankees suck” shirts for sale. It’s such an odd thing to see. I also recall I’ve visiting philly and my significant other was wearing a I love Ny shirt ( it was a emergency buy. I forgot What happened to their shirt) anyways we were actually stopped by a guy and he legit said “ you love ny? You need a I love Philly shirt”. Being a New Yorker that attitude is so foreign to me. Not saying we’re better but we just have so many people from other states living and visiting here we wouldn’t dream of that sorta behavior.

A lot of fanbases suffer from an inferiority complex.

Reactions: Cmox
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad