Status
Not open for further replies.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
this is going to be the longest month unless we have an early trade or two
It always is.

We come out of the holidays and HF posters are all like "okay, TDL time!" And yet, as of Jan 1 it's still almost 2 full months away. Much prefer the NBA's deadline, which is the first week of Feb.

EDIT: the crazy thing is, it used to be 2-3 weeks later...

Reactions: egelband

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
Was Bored after rereading the thread...so I made up a scenario I would not hate to see...

TDL Trades
  • Chris Kreider to Boston for 1st, Heinen, Fredric
  • Brady Skjei, Alexander Georgiev, Brett Howden + Nico Gross to Toronto for Willy Nylander plus 1-2 deadbeat Marlie contracts
  • Ryan Strome + Dallas 3rd to Carolina for Julien Gauthier, Patrik Puistola and NYR 2nd (back)
  • Jesper Fast, Nick Ebert, 4th Round pick to Philly for Robert Hägg + 7th Rounder pick
Buyout Window
Buyout Marc Staal

Trade at the Draft
Lias Andersson, Libor Hajek, Boston 2020 1st for Darnell Nurse + Edmonton 2020 3rd + ?
Win #2 pick in the lottery - Draft Quinton Byfield

2020/2021 Roster
Buch - Zib - Kakko
Panarin - Byfield - Nylander
Kravtsov - Chytil - Gauthier
Lemmy - Fredric - Heinen
Smith

Nurse - Trouba
Lindgren - Fox
Hägg/Rykov - DeAngelo

Shesty
King

Works with an 85 M cap, which We Will likely see. A real 4th line. Some Nice talent in Hartford marinating too. Fill up the final holes When We see the progression...

I like it. Reposting my earlier reply to what Edge had brought up as trade talk below. Agreed 100% on Kreider to Boston. Can't see Toronto trading Nylander... yet. I'd hold on to Strome for the rest of the season and maybe move him at the draft but otherwise we're kind of on the same page.Yeah, I can see Philly being after Fast but not sure if Ebert does anything for them. If there's a player from Philly I'd target it would be Farabee which is probably one of the few times when TDA enters the conversation. As far as Edmonton, I'd try and go after Puljujarvi on top of Nurse and it could probably still work... maybe Howden on top of the additional 1st and another pick. Not sure if Edmonton needs defensive prospects or not. Anyhow, from post earlier in the thread....

Kreider to Boston for 2020 1st, Heinen and Frederic
Fast to Dallas for 2021 2nd, and Tufte or Caamano
Andersson and Keane or Rykov to Calgary for Zavgorodniy
Skjei and Georgiev to Carolina for Toronto's 1st, Edmundson, Gauthier and one of Bokk, Puistola or Kuokannen

Go the rest of the season with...

Panarin-Strome-Butch
Heinen-Zib-Lemieux
Howden-Chytil-Kakko
Smith-McKegg-Gauthier

Edmundson-Trouba
Lindgren-Fox
Staal-TDA*

Shesterkin/Lundqvist

*TDA... big assumption but continue the experiment with TDA being moved to the left if not moved there permanently and juggle Edmundson, sit Staal and bring up Rykov or Keane (whichever one isn't dealt) the rest of the way. Defense will be turning over the next season or two.
Go into the draft with 3 1st rounders... trade the two higher picks to get as high as possible and select BPA. Maybe its enough to 2OA?
Additions of Frederic, Tufte or Caamano, Zavgorodniy and either Bokk, Puistola or Kuokannen would no doubt improve the lack of depth at wing as well as the bottom 6.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
It always is.

We come out of the holidays and HF posters are all like "okay, TDL time!" And yet, as of Jan 1 it's still almost 2 full months away. Much prefer the NBA's deadline, which is the first week of Feb.

I don't like it. I think you should be free to make trades up until the playoffs and sign players up until and during the playoffs to play in the playoffs.

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
It always is.

As I mentioned earlier, I'm finding it increasingly difficult to watch these games. Aside from the emotional rollercoaster of the playoff-tease, we can reel off 6-8 quality players that have an uncertain status: short-term and long term (Henrik, Kreider, Georgiev, DeAngelo, Strome, Fast, Skjei (half quality), Buchnevich (not quality) etc.

All I can say is that when the dust settles, I believe JD will do a damn good job.

1. Expect the unexpected.
2. Georgiev will not be moved before the deadline.
3. JD has a history of concocting significant trades. Could see Buchnevich ++ in one.
4. Kreider is going to net a boat. Be patient.
5. Be patient.

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
1. Kreider to Colorado for Jost and a 1st

2. Geo, Strome and Hajak to Carolina for Reimer, Haula, Gauthier, Rees and Tor’s 1st

3. Reimer to Toronto for a 4th

4. Haula and our 2nd for Puljujärvi

5. Three-way with Minny and Calgary
Fast and Lias to Calgary
Bennet to Minnesota
Jordan Greenway and a 3rd to NYR

I am not the biggest fan of Jost, but he would at least maintain/increase his value if we got him. We get three 1sts this summer. Restock the forward cupboard.

Line-up next year:
Greenway-Ziba-Kakko
Panarin-Jost-Pulju
Buch-Chytil-Gauthier
Lemieux-Howden-Rees/Kravy

DQ can rotate the young forwards. If you don’t show up you won’t play.

I really want to know what it is about Jost that moves the needle for people. He's had a couple of head injuries and upper body injuries and has not produced when given time. Not saying Jost a bust but there's a reason why he's the first name that comes up as being available and with what the Rangers already have on the roster and coming up in the pipeline... trading for a banged up bottom center who we'll have to hope finds his game and stays off the shelf just does not do it for Kreider. 1st rounder is a given but c'mon... at least go after Kaut or Beaucage to fill a need.
That Carolina trade... I get the Huala flip for Puljujarvi and like it but shame on you for not going after their better prospects, lol
F Toronto. Not interested in helping them out at the expense of a pick even if its a 4th.
Would love to get Greenway back with Quinn but not sure if Calgary needs Fast and can't say Minnesota would do it. I have to assume their keeping Greenway for the future.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
I don't like it. I think you should be free to make trades up until the playoffs and sign players up until and during the playoffs to play in the playoffs.

IMO, you risk wrecking the league then. I’m sure you can envision a GM/Coach on the hot seat trading away talented youth within two weeks of the playoffs b/c their job is 3 points out of the final playoff spot.

Can’t trust Management thinking short term IMO. Have to protect the league from selfish, short sighted, personal goals.

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn
As I mentioned earlier, I'm finding it increasingly difficult to watch these games. Aside from the emotional rollercoaster of the playoff-tease, we can reel off 6-8 quality players that have an uncertain status: short-term and long term (Henrik, Kreider, Georgiev, DeAngelo, Strome, Fast, Skjei (half quality), Buchnevich (not quality) etc.

All I can say is that when the dust settles, I believe JD will do a damn good job.

1. Expect the unexpected.
2. Georgiev will not be moved before the deadline.
3. JD has a history of concocting significant trades. Could see Buchnevich ++ in one.
4. Kreider is going to net a boat. Be patient.
5. Be patient.
Nothing happens till deadline day.

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn
I really want to know what it is about Jost that moves the needle for people. He's had a couple of head injuries and upper body injuries and has not produced when given time. Not saying Jost a bust but there's a reason why he's the first name that comes up as being available and with what the Rangers already have on the roster and coming up in the pipeline... trading for a banged up bottom center who we'll have to hope finds his game and stays off the shelf just does not do it for Kreider. 1st rounder is a given but c'mon... at least go after Kaut or Beaucage to fill a need.
That Carolina trade... I get the Huala flip for Puljujarvi and like it but shame on you for not going after their better prospects, lol
F Toronto. Not interested in helping them out at the expense of a pick even if its a 4th.
Would love to get Greenway back with Quinn but not sure if Calgary needs Fast and can't say Minnesota would do it. I have to assume their keeping Greenway for the future.
I wouldn’t even bother with sakic if he’s gonna be a jackass. He can sit on all of his prized possessions.

Reactions: NYSPORTS

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
imo, the teams who are interested need to call the Rangers.

We need to get ahead of it before some teams figure out they arent playoff teams. I mean Toronto would be interested in Georgiev now but in a month time they might be out of a playoff spot. Or a team like Philly might make a guy like Van Rymsdyk or Vorachek available and then it affects Kreiders value.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
We need to get ahead of it before some teams figure out they arent playoff teams. I mean Toronto would be interested in Georgiev now but in a month time they might be out of a playoff spot. Or a team like Philly might make a guy like Van Rymsdyk or Vorachek available and then it affects Kreiders value.

Negotiating from panic is not a good tactic IMO. Toronto need to panic and make the call. For any Philly team out there, another team would have to be in the running to pass them (and there is a ton of pressure on Philly to get to the playoffs)

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I can see that all lining up for sure, and I definitely don't question his value. I just think I'd be pretty mad if I was a Canes fan and my GM paid good assets for a $5.25 million LD who'd be 3rd pairing when completely healthy.

Just a weird ask from the Canes for what seems like it needs a band aid over a long term solution, unless they see him or someone else on their roster as a potential RD?

Gerogiev makes total sense, as would Kreider and Fast to a degree, but I can't see Skjei.

Well, we traded for and locked up a 25 year old RHD and people are proposing moving him 6 months later.

So I guess where there’s a path, there’s always the possibility someone wants to take it. :dunno:

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia

Honestly TO isn’t the best fit they have a good G they just need a back up

Georgiev has more value to a team like Minnesota . They have a new GM looking to make moves and are going to be out of the race

Could see that expanding too include Buchnevich too

Reactions: leetch99

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007

This goes both ways. If those other options don't materialize, teams are going to up their offers. Trading them now could mean missing out on a better return later.

At this point, we don't even know if Gorton has actually received any legitimate offers, so we might not have a choice other than to wait until other teams make up their minds.

Reactions: jas

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Was Bored after rereading the thread...so I made up a scenario I would not hate to see...

TDL Trades
  • Chris Kreider to Boston for 1st, Heinen, Fredric
  • Brady Skjei, Alexander Georgiev, Brett Howden + Nico Gross to Toronto for Willy Nylander plus 1-2 deadbeat Marlie contracts
  • Ryan Strome + Dallas 3rd to Carolina for Julien Gauthier, Patrik Puistola and NYR 2nd (back)
  • Jesper Fast, Nick Ebert, 4th Round pick to Philly for Robert Hägg + 7th Rounder pick
Buyout Window
Buyout Marc Staal

Trade at the Draft
Lias Andersson, Libor Hajek, Boston 2020 1st for Darnell Nurse + Edmonton 2020 3rd + ?
Win #2 pick in the lottery - Draft Quinton Byfield

2020/2021 Roster
Buch - Zib - Kakko
Panarin - Byfield - Nylander
Kravtsov - Chytil - Gauthier
Lemmy - Fredric - Heinen
Smith

Nurse - Trouba
Lindgren - Fox
Hägg/Rykov - DeAngelo

Shesty
King

Works with an 85 M cap, which We Will likely see. A real 4th line. Some Nice talent in Hartford marinating too. Fill up the final holes When We see the progression...
Why Robert Hagg? He looks terrible every time I watch the Flyers.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Well, we traded for and locked up a 25 year old RHD and people are proposing moving him 6 months later.

you know where that’s coming from though. We didn’t think TDA was going to put up these points and we learned (or were reminded) that Trouba has a NTC after this year yet it’s a modified NTC this year. Honestly, that’s very interesting the Rangers wrote the contract that way. Does make you wonder why.

I think the idea is more cash related although that tune would likely change once TDA gets his raise.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
We didn’t think TDA was going to put up these points
No. I don't think the Rangers or the fans paying attention didn't think Tony would do what he's doing this season.

Also...modified NTC this year? He's not eligible for any trade/move clauses this season. Next year is when his eligibility starts.

Last edited:

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
I wouldn’t even bother with sakic if he’s gonna be a jackass. He can sit on all of his prized possessions.

can’t blame him if he does. The Avs are two steps ahead of the Rangers rebuild. Fast forward a year, yeah, I would think he would pull the trigger if he doesn’t this year.

Meanwhile, I would say Carolina, Maple Leafs and maybe the Lightning should be going for it and being less conservative.

Reactions: wafflepadsave

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
you know where that’s coming from though. We didn’t think TDA was going to put up these points and we learned (or were reminded) that Trouba has a NTC after this year yet it’s a modified NTC this year. Honestly, that’s very interesting the Rangers wrote the contract that way. Does make you wonder why.
Trouba has no trade protection this year. Starting next season, and for four years in total, he has a full no move clause. It's no mystery why it's structured that way. This season is his one RFA year, so he's not eligible for trade protection clauses.

Reactions: Irishguy42

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
DeAngelo isnt loved as much around the league as everyone love him here. Talked to a coach in Columbus and a scout with the bruins about him, both said they wouldn't be interested in adding him to their locker rooms and they both doubted either team would have any interest even if that was an area of need for them, they felt they would look elsewhere.
Asked them about Strome as well and they both felt he found a fit in New York and werent willing to gamble what it would take to get him vs him being the same player somewhere else, one said that this was the same for DeAngelo, he wasnt confident he would be the same player somewhere else. They both pointed to Kreider and Fast as guys who they like.
Prepare yourself
So what does any of that have to do with getting a bad return for DeAngelo? What am I preparing myself for? He’s not even rumored to be going anywhere.

Reactions: egelband
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad