Speculation: Roster Building Thread XLVIII: Draft day is a comin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
Yeah, because trading a 25 year old top 6 center for a "young center" makes a lot of sense. Not much to not "understand". Not trading Nash, and his 7.8M cap hit, makes more sense. :shakehead
There's plenty to "understand". If your 26 year old center can return 2-3 assets that become part of your core going forward, you make the move. Gagline nailed it with who'd you rather have now Brass or Gabby? Think the Flyers like having Simmonds and Schenn instead of the corpse of Mike Richards?

I'd rather not trade our 26 year old 1st line center, but if he brings the best return, it's part of building this roster for the future.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
If they can get a couple of young players back in the deals, add Buch, McIlrath and Skjei as regulars and maybe sign a UFA or 2 (not high end) they may be okay.

I'm a big proponent of Helm. I think he adds an element the team lacked last year. Re-sign Stalberg. Sign Riley Nash. Depth guys.

Helm Stalberg and Riley Nash would be awesome additions.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Is a 34 year old Hartnell with 3 years left on a 4.5M/per contract for Girardi or Staal something positive for us? I'm not sure. He's got a lot of physical mileage on that body. Not sure I'd do it

Hartnell has still been relatively productive on a bad Columbus team. If it helps us get out of one of the Staal or Girardi contracts, I'd definitely think it'd be a worthwile move.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Probably because they have a ton of value right now and likely won't when the Rangers are ready to compete again.

Yeah. If this rebuild/re-tool take say 2-3 years it means Zucca/Brass will be in their 30s and chance are on the decline or back end of their peak.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
For all the possession talk going on, I would have liked to see the reaction of people if the Rangers had gone out and added two historically poor possession players in Bonino and Kessel. I also remember plenty of people telling me how atrocious Trevor Daley was.

Maybe AV just sucks as a coach? Seems Sullivan knew what he needed to run his system .... AV insisted on playing Girardi way too many minutes.

Or is that sathers fault?

I can't seem to figure this out?

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Hartnell has still been relatively productive on a bad Columbus team. If it helps us get out of one of the Staal or Girardi contracts, I'd definitely think it'd be a worthwile move.

I would for Girardi, but I think Staal has actual trade value.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Please take the Corsi conversation to the thread made for it. I know there's not a lot to talk about but I'd rather not scroll through posts and posts of who has the better corsi in the Roster building thread.

Totally. I'd much rather read declaritive statements about what we can and cannot do with Girardi and Staal because of the expansion draft, when the "rules" of the expansion draft change everytime the wind blows.

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
I think everyone should just agree that any option is on the table right now. i f you get blown away for Hank, you do it, if you get blown away for Stepan you do it, if you get blown away for McDonagh you do it. Point is anyone is available for the right price and thats the route the FO is taking so far by all accounts. HFNYR has to be the one forum on here where it seems like everyone is constantly hating on each other and act like we all don't root for the same cause and the same crest on the front of the jersey. Chill out people, advanced stats people aren't better than traditionalists or traditionalists aren't any better than advanced stats geeks.

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
how young are you that you don't remember hartford wolfpack legend chad wiseman lol

I think a lot of people on here are either too young or started watching hockey in the last 10 years or basically the Henrik era for the most part. Its pretty easy to tell for the most part. BTW, Ken Gernander= GOAT of the Pac :sarcasm:.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I understand that to a degree but i just don't want pages and pages of it in this thread. I don't have a twitter so i only scroll through this looking for RangerBoy and Irishguys posts :laugh:

there's like 5 posts about them in the last few pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln