Speculation: Roster Building Thread XLVII: June Swoon or a 1st rounder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
i feel like we've been rumored to be looking at him since AV got here

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
There have been a number of players who have signed with European teams for next year and beyond. They include:

Alex Khokhlachev, Alexander Semin, Mark Arcobello, Joonas Kemppainen, Joakim Andersson, Jonas Hiller, Corey Potter, Kristian Nakyva, Joey Hishon, Jiri Sekac, Maxime Talbot and even Daniel Paille.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
AV recommended that the Canucks bring Lapierre in during their cup run season in 2011. Would not shock me if he did the same again.

God I hope not though, we already have Glass, we don't need Lapierre

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
i feel like we've been rumored to be looking at him since AV got here
I don't remember any media rumors about him. I remember JOrts (and some others) desperately wanted to replace Boyle with him, but that's about it.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
The Rangers don't have deep pockets cap wise at all haha. Also the Blackhawks want futures back I assume. Regardless, they shouldn't move Tuevo for Bickells sake

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Apparently Custance reported that the Hawks might have to move Teravainen in a deal to get Bickell off the books. That kind of problem is exactly what a team with deep pockets like the Rangers should be able to take advantage of.

http://www.secondcityhockey.com/201...hicago-blackhawks-free-agency-roster-nhl-2016

Retain on Nash. Buyout Bickell. Get some high-end youth back for your trouble.

Our deep pockets are irrelevant when buyouts leave a cap hit. If all that mattered was actual money, the Hawks have deep enough pockets they'd just buy him out themselves.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Our deep pockets are irrelevant when buyouts leave a cap hit. If all that mattered was actual money, the Hawks have deep enough pockets they'd just buy him out themselves.

Except buying him out themselves doesn't give them all of the cap space they need, hence this whole concept. The Rangers could ride out the one year of his deal, or buy him out. People talk about moving all of these pieces around to sign Stamkos, but nobody can see a way to clear space to bury Bickell in the minors for a year so we can land an extremely talented young forward?

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Lapierre had been available at various times during AV's time with the NYR, they didn't pursue.

The Rangers need a player that filled the role that Lapierre did in Van in 2011.

The Undertaker

Jun 22, 2012
I'd be all for Lapierre if it meant Glass was on the way out. Knowing this team, it'll be both of them on the starting roster with Lindberg in the middle (when healthy). And we all know who's fault it will be when it's the worst 4th line in the NHL.....

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I'd be all for Lapierre if it meant Glass was on the way out. Knowing this team, it'll be both of them on the starting roster with Lindberg in the middle (when healthy). And we all know who's fault it will be when it's the worst 4th line in the NHL.....

Yeah. It'll be Hayes' fault for being too lazy. :sarcasm:

Or...whatever narrative you want to throw at it. Pick one out of a hat.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas

Same here. I'd gladly swap Lappy for Glass. He can actually play hockey. With Glass still here I don't even want him if he had zero cap hit.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Are we talking about bringing in Maxim Lappiere?

The same Maxim Lappiere that couldn't find an NHL job this past season and split time between the SHL and Swiss league?

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Are we talking about bringing in Maxim Lappiere?

The same Maxim Lappiere that couldn't find an NHL job this past season and split time between the SHL and Swiss league?

Sounds like he more than qualifies for the annual "NYR reclamation project"...

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
When the Rangers signed Staal and Girardi to their extensions there was not a huge outcry from the fans? So why wouldn't there be the same angst with Yandle by the end of the first or second year of the contract? There were more positive than negative feelings about Girardi than Staal. Now both of them are blights to the organization.

I wasn't happy about either contract when it was signed, but I will say this: both Staal and Girardi left cash on the table to re-sign here. That doesn't mean we should have ever signed those contracts, but it's hard to kill the players when they didn't try and squeeze the organization for every last cent.

It's the fact that we gave both of them the same kind of contract that's the killer. Every team has a bad contract or two, but ours are so crippling to our defense. Our two worst defenders are making the most money. You can't have that and expect to be able to field a contender. One of them and we could probably be ok, since McDonagh is on a steal of a deal, but both being so utterly useless is our doom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad